Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE Tuesday Night - PP Open Irish Qualifier

• 22-01-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

I dont see anything about it up here so i said id let people know that there is a qualifier on tomorrow night for the PP Irish Open. Its 100 + 10 with one rebuy or one topup at an additional cost of 100. Not sure on the structure but I think its starting stack of 4k with 4k for topup. They have been giving out tickets for tomorrow nights game for a whie now so i would expect at least 3 PP tickets to be available and possibly more. Kicks off at 8.30pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

hi ya BCB,
    just got a text from the SP, they say they have 38 players already registered....
    i'd say there will be about 80-90 runners in total..... should be fun...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

How many of these are there going to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭zsoulking

Bump!

Hi,

Tonight we will be open from 7:30 pm for single table satellites for anyone wanting to get in on the cheep.
    This is the first of three satellites that the Sporting Emporium will run for the Irish Open. It is the only €100 + €10 with 1 re-buy or top up.

We are also looking at squeezing in a fourth satellite somewhere I will keep you updated.

Please check our website for more information, www.thesportingemporium.com

John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

sounds good, might play this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭DocO

Just in the door from this. Can happilly say that myself, dacman and the one and only lucky lloyd won the three tickets on offer.

i was chip lead for the final table as the deck ABSOLUTELY hit me on the face, not much of a report so i wont really bother, played decent, but the cards went my way ALOT of the time, which makes things alot easier!!

alot of boardsies there and the standard varied emensely. The very unluky 4th pllace player had his 88 cracked by J5, in a hand which would have guaranteed him a ticket, very good player and unlucky to him (" if i had lost that hand you would have seen the chair i was sitting on flying accross the room" - Lloyd)

Anyways over the moon, and got work in few hours, gluck !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

wd dacman.

just in the door meself, was railbirding for the whole of the final table.....
    have to say it was very enjoyable to watch.... some entertaining stuff..

DoCo , yes the deck did hit you in the face but that doesnt take away the fact that you played some great poker man, chipleader all the way...

Congrats to the other two / Lloyd who played a great shortstack game and also made a couple of big lay downs on the final table [i'll let him post them] wp /
    Dacman - another superb player who i knew would win a ticket wp......
    felt sorry for the guy who went out in fourth as he was a fairly solid palyer and a gracious loser....

WP again lads....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

wp lads,

wd on another nice result Lloyd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Wd Dacman - good week for you so far! Just as well you decided to head in after all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Great news lads well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

well done lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

Nice 1 Donee, and fair play to rest of the lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Congrats guys !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Nicely done....Any reports from luckylloyd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

well done lads. super stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

carfax wrote:
    Nicely done....Any reports from luckylloyd?

I'll do Lloyd's report for him upto 11.30pm. ;)

Started off on work tilt.

Progressed to mega tilt for a while.

Finally pushed blind on my BB with J6 when shortstacked and had two live cards and tripled up. :D PPPspecial gave me a nice double though after the break when I had AA and he had the nut flush draw and after that my tilt magically diasppeared and I settled down to playing some good poker!! :p:p

End of report from Olly (the man who gets sucked out on by AA!!)to be continued by someone else who was at Lloyd's table!! ;)

I'm absolutely delighted for DocO and Lloyd. Its great to see people you know on boards getting a result. Someone to support in the Open now anyway! (on the off chance I don't make it myself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ollyk1 wrote:
    I'll do Lloyd's report for him upto 11.30pm. ;)

Started off on work tilt.

Progressed to mega tilt for a while.

Finally pushed blind on my BB with J6 when shortstacked and had two live cards and tripled up. :D PPPspecial gave me a nice double though after the break when I had AA and he had the nut flush draw and after that my tilt magically diasppeared and I settled down to playing some good poker!! :p:p

This is surprisingly accurate. I played mad poker up until the first break. Prime example:

25 / 50 - Me(2900), villian (Jackpot regular, bad loose player - sick live tell) makes it 250 second to act. One fold and I call with 88 - we are only two to see flop of 8JA - with what I thought was two hearts:o. He checks which means he doesn't have the Ace - stuff like QJ and KJ are well within his range so I give him a freecard in the hope to feign weakness like the clever fox I am. Turn is 10h. He bets 400, I reckon he might have made two pair so I repop to 1200 and he goes all in - in such a manner that tells me he has a monster hand (a live tell yearned from playing him on numerous occasions). So - the board has three to a flush with a possible middle pin straight. However, I'm getting great odds and people don't fold sets...whatever - I still fold. He turns over KQ for the straight. I gave him a card to catch up and, as it transpired talking to Olly later, I misread the board. There was a diamond on the flop. So, I made a fold thinking he had made a flush (when that was impossible) even though I was getting the right odds to call with a set anyway. Yea, I was behind - but it was a terrible hand.

The blind gamble before the break meant that I was coming back to a stack of 7,200. Get QQ first hand back and take a few chips with one pre - flop caller who folds to my continuation bet. Get a couple of steals through when I find AA UTG. Make it 1100 (my standard raise size) and get only one caller in the form of Dave Masters on the button. Flop (2650) is 10d8d4h. I bet 2,000 and Dave sets me in after a slight hesitation. I'm always calling. He has AdJd and misses the flush draw. I could see the logic behind his play. I will continuation bet most of the time and if I did happen to have the overpair to the board I was representing; as long as I didn't have AA he would have 12 outs twice. As he had the stack to gamble with me and was running hot so far in the night I don't think it was a bad play by him to set me in.

I had 18,000 after that hand and just ticked along for a while. Got as high as 23,000 before settling on 20,000. I maintained that size (give or take) right up until I hit the final table with 19,000. I just played a very safe, tight game – generally avoiding seeing flops in raised pots - either I did the raising or I checked a blind with numerous limpers - you know. I felt that as I only needed to survive the primacy was on stack maintenance through picking steal spots – I didn’t need to get involved and gamble it up in anyway.

So, final table and I’m shortstacked. Nothing much happens until a bad regular SE player who is comfortably stacked on 45,000 at the 1000/2000 level open pushes onto my blind. I find AQ and eventually decide to call. He has 44 and I win the race on the flop. That put me in a position where I only needed to steal and be smart for a while – which I duly did as eliminations around me took place. To be honest there wasn’t much drama. I gradually chipped up through stealing blinds and defending my own – generally taking pots pre – flop. There was no particularly great poker in there, just a fairly standard shortstack game (Donal having more chips than God meant that everyone else had an average of 12BBs between them from six out). I looked to maintain my position without confrontation.

I did lay down QQ pre – flop. I raise 16,000 from a 56,000 stack at the 2,000 / 4,000 level and Donal sets me in. He had been playing quite tight with no need to get involved and despite the fact that I was raising his blind frequently he had failed to play back at me thus far. Despite my activity, his range here is really narrow. I eventually decided that if he did have AK I could get a ticket without racing and that KK and AA formed the rest of his range for this move. I folded, he said he had KK – I happen to believe him.

Apart from that I folded JJ on my BB to Donal’s raise when we were four handed. I was on 70,000ish and we had a short stack of 21,000 with blinds at 3,000/6,000. As such, I felt I could pretty much fold my way to a ticket from there and had no need to get involved with jacks.

The final hand, the shortstack had worked his way to 30,000 (a dude who played a very good game and was horrendously unlucky with 88 vs Dacman’s J5 – the new aces!!) and he pushed all in on the SB after it was folded to him. I looked down at KQ and figured I crushed his range, plus I still had 35,000 if I lost – so I called and beat his K6.

Absolutely delighted. The stress and tension was unbelievable from 6 out however. Dacman and Donal will play the event aswell, and have the games to do something in it. Something to look forward to over the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

wp lads

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

wd lads. am delighted u got a ticket lloyd. what a waste off chips last night when i get it all in with 1010 v A9 in a 40k+ pot 20 players out to padddy.all in pre flop.... what a nob jockey. how did he not get a ticket????

pppspecial wrote:
    wd lads. am delighted u got a ticket lloyd. what a waste off chips last night when i get it all in with 1010 v A9 in a 40k+ pot 20 players out to padddy.all in pre flop.... what a nob jockey. how did he not get a ticket????

Thats Paddy. He's a big fish and a twat at the table to boot. Horrendous call with A9. Unlucky Davve - you stand up in that spot and I would fancy you for a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

yeah well thats poker am chuffed u got 1 as u deserved it. u will do well and wont suprise me when u cash in the irish open. keep it up lloyd.

pppspecial wrote:
    yeah well thats poker am chuffed u got 1 as u deserved it. u will do well and wont suprise me when u cash in the irish open. keep it up lloyd.
    cheers mate.

thanks for all the congratulations lads, and wes for sweatin me! yeh id a nice stack alrite, but coming final table i had 1 fifth of chips in play, and lloyd said i should not play another hand and get the ticket, which allowed me to create my ULTRA tight image. the pressure was on because i still needed to accumulate ships, and losing one 50/50 would have set me back alot. thankfully i only got in one at the final table for a large amount of my stack, thankfully winning!

didnt even top up or rebuy, so in it all for 100euro so bita a free roll. hopefully we'f get a few more from here qualifying for the ME soon.

Im off now to get an ice pack for my face . . .

thats some investment DoCo ..... 100euro
    i think you need a good dose of lemsip's man.... spreadin your germs evereywhere - i felt sorry for the dealer on the final table....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

Well done deco and lloyd . plyed well through out. Feel a bit sry for the guy i busted with J 5 but he was the tighest player at the FB and at my previous table and was the only player i taught i could easily steal chips off. Good luck to you both in the main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

well done Donee - good result, but you are the ultimate Luckbox TT v 27o being the proof! also great result Lloyd hopefully thatl be you luck til at least Next monday!

lemsip???

ahh there was nothing wrong with me at all, was puttin on that cough - sure didnt paul think id fkn SARS. haha

yeh i felt sorry for all around me with that barking, but sure it just shows my luv for the game . . . or the fact that im a sick gamblor . . . wonder which one it is . . .

Knew ud 72 joe, who was playin who! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 paler

wp again lads,

I was sure the ticket was mine when that guy turned over J5, doh!! :eek: I was comatose all day wednesday!

Nice fold with the QQ there Lloyd, havent played with Doc before but I don't think theres any chance I would have folded that.

paler wrote:
    wp again lads,

I was sure the ticket was mine when that guy turned over J5, doh!! :eek: I was comatose all day wednesday!

Nice fold with the QQ there Lloyd, havent played with Doc before but I don't think theres any chance I would have folded that.

Everyone else thought the ticket was yours as well!!

In a normal tourney I would have beat him in the pot with my QQ. But I wasn't playing for first place and he had his seat locked up. As such, he was under no pressure to make any resteal moves - he had a monster. I figured his range included AA // KK // AK with JJ a distant possibillity. I don't need to gamble against AK as I felt I could fall over the line into a seat with the 10BBs stack I had left after folding. At the end of the day, he might have been making a move - but he had no need to make a move atall which led me to conclude that it wasn't a move...:)

In any case, hard luck man. You played as good a game as any of us. Shame somebody had to miss out - particularly when it was due to a sick beat.

• Advertisement

i second that! well played and hard luck and very well taken bad beat! fair play to ya

oh and i had KK - no lie! ;)

hopefully play aganst u some time soon mate

Advertisement