Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville spooky thread

Options
  • 21-01-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Let the spookifying begin!

364678762_c23cfb85a8.jpg
    Meet Cleo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

My only halfway spooky image - best after considering the title "Bone Work"...

363957493_e2c26c5736.jpg

(thanks Roen!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Maybe this one for me
    364726983_912e40c949.jpg

Or perhaps this one, but it's hard to make out.
    364926928_ac9684a197.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Love them.... really wish I could have made this trip. I'm promising myself I wont miss the next roadtrip. (there is going to be one, right!?!)

Love the cat in the OP and Elven's is beyond disturbing. Xios, any chance you could link the original of the castle one as I fancy having a shot at photoshopping it (if I get a chance and with your permission). It looks like it has a lot of potential for mucking about with! :)

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: I have this vision of Fenster running back and forth with the cat meowling in his hands, putting it back at the start and rushing back to get the shot, over and over... lol!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

You really should have seen Fenster and the cat!! Ah! A great name for a film me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I love cats and they love my body heat :[

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Boo !!!!!!!!!!
    Just out of the camera no editing apart from resize.
    365163628_b1e33572d8.jpg

Never thought I would get a one armed legless spirit. :)

Now this spooks the sh$t out of me all together. Again unedited straight out of the camera.

365184391_540cdb6708.jpg

Just keep thinking it's a banshee circling the statue.

That statue freaked me out no end as I kept thinking it was a child, especially because of where it was placed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Erm , what type and amount of liquid was consumed ??

I don't drink.

Although my remarkable lack of coordination had me slipping, falling down stairs and generally knocking things over, fie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

It was just a very spooky place. Hey I read yesterday that they buried people alive on the site f the place during the bubonic plague, to try to stop its spread. Just dumped the bodies into a pit without checking who was already gone or not. Anyone know if there's even a grain of truth in that? Just curious.

I have to get back and comment on all the amazing shots everyone's posted. Bloody work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

I got 2 ghosts in one. shot. It took a little bit longer with the processing, but I needed an exorcism, to get ride of them on my PC :)

376875142_aaf4df6c93.jpg

Remember the competition for the Dynax 404 with lens and film
    this sunday will be the last date for entries.

Just attach your shots to this thread.

Will send the link off to the castle monday morning.

Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

Welll ... I don't expect any prizes for this obvious one, but I'll give it a whirl ... and I do like the unexpected cat bottom left -

366410583_1558f7b7d0.jpg

I think this one is spookier, that horse really freaked me out -

368341719_769d1eff71.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

this is my spooky shot, while it probably doesn't look very chilling - when i was looking in here i just didn't like it at all - something was nagging at me to get away from here :eek:

Black Mass anyone??

th_alter2.jpgth_alter1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

DeVore wrote:
    ps: I have this vision of Fenster running back and forth with the cat meowling in his hands, putting it back at the start and rushing back to get the shot, over and over... lol!

DeV.

Haha, I had the exact same image :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Fionn wrote:
    something was nagging at me to get away from here :eek:

Black Mass anyone??

th_alter2.jpgth_alter1.jpg

Erm.. well the whole skull in the wall would do that to you, yes. Was that the flooded dungeon place? (makes 'well duh' noises at oneself..)..I missed that whole altar thing. Not sure how. Funnily enough it was up the corridor at the toilets beside the kitchen that I got creeped out. Was that just me?

sineadw wrote:
    Erm.. well the whole skull in the wall would do that to you, yes. Was that the flooded dungeon place? (makes 'well duh' noises at oneself..)..I missed that whole altar thing. Not sure how. Funnily enough it was up the corridor at the toilets beside the kitchen that I got creeped out. Was that just me?

Well what weirded me out was the one toilet that had the door closed, didn't check if it was locked, but it was closed the whole night. A ghost taking a really long crap i presume.

• Advertisement

Ok thats it no more
    Sending link to castle now.

Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

My laptop died.

:(

Sorry to hear that nut it's already in the hands of the castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Ah I know!

My own fault for not sending it in earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

sineadw wrote:
    Erm.. well the whole skull in the wall would do that to you, yes. Was that the flooded dungeon place? (makes 'well duh' noises at oneself..)..I missed that whole altar thing.
    It's a lot less scary if you manage to get up closer and actually touch the thing and feel what it's made out of.

373564092_a9c0ea7762.jpg

It's a lot less scary if you manage to get up closer and actually touch the thing and feel what it's made out of.

Salsa?

Xios wrote:
    Salsa?

No no no SalsaFoam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Hello, Terri from Charleville here - I'm just using and abusing Smiley's account as it logged him in automatically from his computer.

The Winner of the most spookifying photo of Charleville Castle goes to......

FENSTER

simply because he managed to capture the essence of pure evillllness terrorized and superstitious locals have been known to call

'CLEO'

trust me - the statues and dungeon altars have nothing on this merciless mass of meaow - as soon as you pet it - it stalks you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever (so on and so forth) on its ultimate quest to sit on your head.

congratulations Fenster, you are now the proud owner of a Dynax 404 with lens and film as if you need any more photo equipment. Well there's always EBay!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well done Fenster!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Well done Mark. Fair play!!

Advertisement