Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland for promotion

Options
  • 15-01-2007 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

I've got a long standing each way bet on Sunderland getting promoted. Placed the bet early on in the season when they were bottom of the table. Things have picked up since, they are now 14/1, anybody think they have a chance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I think they have a great chance of getting into the play offs. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Each way is top 4 isnt it? They definitly have a chance of making it to the play-offs. But once there its pretty much a lottery. Some very good teams up there this year, i cant see anyone doing a Reading.

Birmingham, WBA, Derby, Southampton, Wednesday, Sunderland, Preston, Wolves, stoke will all be there. If Cardiff can get there form in order again they cant be ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Now 14/1 to get promoted?? I doubt that very much, or I'll be getting on myself - are you sure that's not to win the division? What price did you get? EW is normally 1,2,3 in divisional betting.
    To answer your question: They have chance of promotion, but through the play-offs, imo they have little chance of taking the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

14/1 is for Sunderland to win it outright. pp pay out 1/5 of the odds on 3 placed if you go for the e/w. It's highly unlikey that Sunderland will win outright so prob not worth the bet considering your gonna be waiting another few months for a possible e/w only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Could somebody please explain the following

Each way odds 1 / 5 places 3

I placed the following bet early on in the season under the impression each way odds pay out on 1st/2nd.

Coca-Cola Championship 2006/07
    9th of September 2006 3:00pm
    Outright Betting
    Sunderland @ 15.00

Receipt No.: O/
    /
    Bet Type: Single (each-way)
    Stake per Line: €400.00
    Number of Lines: 2
    Stake: €800.00
    Tax: 0.0
    Potential Returns: €7,800.00

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If they finsih 3rd you win. You'll need them to win the league to get all the money though.

Hats off to Keano, he left it to the last day to win the championship, but well worth the wait. I had them at 14/1 and again at 22/1. Bye bye credit card bills ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

good punt, you got on at the right time.

I had Sunderland each way, I never expected them to finish top, what a great season they have had. I'll be sending an nice donation to the irish guide dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

DonJose wrote:
    I had Sunderland each way, I never expected them to finish top, what a great season they have had. I'll be sending an nice donation to the irish guide dogs.

Your not sending them a tenner are ya?

• Advertisement

Your not sending them a tenner are ya?
    I'll be donating a grand as soon as my check arrives from PP, most likely tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

fair play to you

chump wrote:
    fair play to you
    A promise is a promise, watching PNE v Brum was the most nerve wrecking 90 minutes of my life. I swore if Birmingham screwed up and Sunderland won I'd donate to charity. The wifes father was blinded by diabetes, plus its Keanos charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

DonJose wrote:
    Could somebody please explain the following

Each way odds 1 / 5 places 3

I placed the following bet early on in the season under the impression each way odds pay out on 1st/2nd.

Coca-Cola Championship 2006/07
    9th of September 2006 3:00pm
    Outright Betting
    Sunderland @ 15.00

Receipt No.: O/
    /
    Bet Type: Single (each-way)
    Stake per Line: €400.00
    Number of Lines: 2
    Stake: €800.00
    Tax: 0.0
    Potential Returns: €7,800.00