Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al Jazeera Sport 1 (Badr C or Eurobird 2) how do i get this?

Options
  • 09-01-2007 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Basically just as the title says, i am wondering is there any way for me to get these?
    What type of dish would i need, would a mini dish do it if it was at the right position?

If is just that a fair few of the Premiership and other pay sports are on this.

pos satellite freq symbol
    26.2e Badr C 3.800 H 27500 - 3/4
    25.8e EuroBird 2 10.971 H 27500 - 3/4

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

brophy wrote:
    Basically just as the title says, i am wondering is there any way for me to get these?
    What type of dish would i need, would a mini dish do it if it was at the right position?

If is just that a fair few of the Premiership and other pay sports are on this.

pos satellite freq symbol
    26.2e Badr C 3.800 H 27500 - 3/4
    25.8e EuroBird 2 10.971 H 27500 - 3/4

Any help would be great.

Eurobird 2 - Forget it

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/eb2.html

eb2.gif

Badr C - Yep - but with a ~1M dish

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/badrc_h.html

badrc_h.gif

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Badr C transmits in the C-band (3.4-4.2 GHz) so you would need a C-band LNBF. Ordinarily dishes for C-band start at 1.8M upwards but Badr operates at high power, so even an 80cm Lidl dish works.

159622171_f24512c80a.jpg

159622174_555a96c5d2.jpg
    (3800 V instead of 3800 H because of skewed LNBF)

159622175_ca1131109d.jpg

But you have zero rain reserve on an 80cm, so a 1.2M would be more suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Is it possible to put up a 1.2m dish and have it getting the badr c and also the Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E or am i right in assuming that i need to have it motorised?

thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ive read that on the 15th of Jan Al Jazzera sport is moving to a new stronger transponder on the new BADR sat. 12.188 H 27500 3/4.

So there is a little hope. I can pick up quite a lot with a 1.1 in Galway.

Also MBC channels are moving to stronger beams on 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

snaps, can you get anything from badr4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

brophy wrote:
    Is it possible to put up a 1.2m dish and have it getting the badr c and also the Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E

It might be bit difficult to get the 2 LNBFs close enough for the 2 degree spacing especially as the C-band LNBF is larger than a Ku-band LNBF. Used in conjunction with a slimline LNBF it might be OK.

http://3mzb.hr/shop/images/alps_single.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ronan/Raven
    Not sure what transponders im recieving from 26 east. All I know some are very weak and some very strong. Its not a position I watch a lot to be honest but some are scanned in. Im not in front of my reciever tonight but 11.842 rings a bell with BBC world India on. I know 10.971????? The one with al jazzera sport on is a no no, but there is about half of the 26east I can recieve. I use a .2 titanium lnb on 1.1m motorised dish. I can sometimes in really good weather get a bit of signal on 7west nilesat (v) transponders only, but it has to be crystal clear blue skys (Very rare in these parts). I love Zaphods pictures, he is a mirror image of me. I have a simular set up in the back garden in the summer with temporary dishes, portable tv's, recievers etc. The neighbours have hours of entertainment watching me play with dishes like that!!!! Ive actually got people into satellite from them watching me play with my dishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's more like 3 degree spacing. I think Badr is really 25.5E. I can't get the pair well on a 90cm dish with slimish LNBs. I use the motorised for Badr.

13E, 19E, 23E & 28E together on one large dish works. I'm going to try a Wavefrontier T90

Advertisement