Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTA English content on Badr 4 26E

Options
  • 06-01-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

Scanned in the new TPs on Badr 4 over the xmas and noticed that a number of channels that were previously receivable only on C-band were now coming in loud and clear from 26E on Ku. A large number of channels have been shifted from the Middle East beam of Arabsat/Badr 3 onto the BSS beam of Badr 4. This include channels which show 90%+ english language stuff such as Dubai One and Al Baghdadia. France 24 (eng + fr), BBC World and Fashion TV Arabia are also newly available.

Fine on the 2.4M but also OK on a 1.2M with 'high quality' Lidl LNBF and a Skystar2 card. 35-43% in dry, cloudy conditions so perhaps not much rain reserve but no mpeg artefacts while viewing. Signal should get stronger as you move east, so might be possible on 80/90cm dishes too.

http://www.lyngsat.com/badr4.html

dubai1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

nice one. Ive heard that the MBC channels will be moving onto this bird as well. These show a lot of english language stuff, especially films & sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

downlink1.jpg
        Clear Sky              Rain Margin
       RECOMMENDED            COMFORTABLE
        Dish Size (m)          Dish Size (m)

A      0.50                   0.70

B      0.60                   0.90

C      0.90                   1.20

D      1.20                   1.60

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Getting a weak signal here on the dreambox and skystar2 card. It locks just about on both can scan but not view the channels. Might give the dish a slight nudge. Using a 1m in roscommon.

As from the 15th Jan there are a few movements on 26 east. I in Galway have a 1.1M dish and pick up quite a lot from 26 east even in the wet weather. The new bird there is going to be nice and strong.

see the following website for more info:

www.arabsat.com/default/viewers/default/tvchannels/Global_List.aspx

Shame the same doesnt happen on 4west and 7 west as I cannot pick nothing up from them

MBC is currently transmitting on badr4 in time for the launch on the 15th of this month.

11919 H 27500 3/4

reception reports please.

• Advertisement

No signal for me whats so ever? on 1.1m .2lnb Galway

Locked onto the 11.919 H transponder this morning and scanned in the mbc channels. had it at around 70 strength and 50 quality. As soon as the rain came it went.

The Dubai one transponder 12.130 V seems to come in at 80 strength and 100 quality even in the rain!

All on a visionnet 8000cis. Tried skystar card but no luck with 11.919 H.

Just skewed my lnb clockwise to about 2pm and getting MBC channels in at 70 Strength and 75 quality now. Clearing and locking on my visionnet in cloudy conditions.

interesting, must try that. Get the Dubai one tp no hassle now but the mbc one is a no go so far on my dreambox, skystar and my trusty technomate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭12bore

Picking up all the mentioned transponders on a 1.1m triax just south of Kilkenny. Signals are pretty weak, anything from 28% to 45% on my SS2. The dish has to be pretty much spot on, give it the tiniest nudge in any direction, signal goes.

Skew your lnb and it will come in stronger! My skystar seems to have a weaker signal strenth but locks in! Your right about a nudge either east or west, it has to be spot on. I seem to be having no problems bringing them in on a 1.1 and .2 titanium lnb. at momnet 75 strength and 72 quality.

• Advertisement

Different models of receiver can give very different signal/quality readings for the same input, so it makes comparisons difficult. Also Skystar 2 cards will give different readings based on which drivers you have installed.

When trying to get the channels to lock on 26E, the resolution/beamwidth of your dish probably matters as much as the gain. IOW any spillover from high power TPs on 28E or 23E will be detrimental.

Skewed and tinkered with lnb and no joy, the Dubai One tp comes in grand, even in rain but cannot get a lock on 11919 :/

Im finding that 11.914 on 28east is bleeding over. I find my reciever wanders off sometime to this frequency? Once I am locked into the MBC channels they come in strong. Currently coming in at 75 signal and 76 quality with clear blue skys in GALWAY!!!!! I was shocked when i saw the sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

Any idea what size dish i would need in waterford to pick up Mbc channels?

Bright day here today and still nothing. Must adjust the dish one of the days when I can be assed to climb the ladder!

i find that when my dish moves to 26 east via usals, i need to give it a couple of nudges to the west and then 11.919 comes in strong.

Well Im bringing them in on a 1.1m with .2 titanium lnb in Galway. Heavy rain a no no, but showers seems ok with picture staying stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Reprogram for 25.5, not 26.0 I'm convinced this is the "real" position. 0.5 on a 110cm means getting nearly nothing! Just like on a really big dish (2m) you need to program 28.5 Eurobird 1 and 28.2 various Astras separately.

yes, it works better. Actually set it to 25.6 and dont seem to have to nudge dish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,123 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The nominal position is 25.8 anyway isn't it?

I think it's 25.5 as every other sat on my motorised is where it says it is and there is the odd site that lists it as 25.5. But maybe all the other satellites are "out" by 0.3 degree.

Unless one has a a 2m dish and very accurate positionioning and 0.05 degree alignment or better, I guess, I'm guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭12bore

Have you tried using Gorbtrack? Pretty good at telling you where to find the satellites if you keep it updated. Have a google for it if you don't know about it.

I have Oribitron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mickmc

I have a strong receiver with a 90cm motorised dish. I have tried on 12130 and 11.919 but as these are also on Astra I am having problems locking on.
    any help anybody can give to adjust settings thereby avoid the stronger sugnal
    tks
    Mick

Try 11996, H, 27500 which is 4MHz away from nearest TP on Astra or else 12169, V, 27500 which isn't repeated on Astra.

Long shot is to put 'blinkers' on the eastern edge of your dish, something like the conductive foam that is used for packing ICs.

Signal strength on MBC seems to be yoyoing at the moment but does seem to have dropped from when it first came on.

Arabsat have released a footprint specifically for the MBC channels - never seen this happening before. Presumably they are being inundated with queries.
    http://www.arabsat.com/default/fleet/inorbit/26degeast/MBC_Specific_Footprint.aspx

MBC_Caverage2.jpg

strange, I found it the strongest it has ever been at the weekend.

It does fluctuate a bit, but overall it doesn't seem to be as strong as when it first came on.

notice 12.034 H is al jazzerra's new transponder (Al Jazzerra Sport). Seems to be very strong. Raining steady here and coming in with no break ups. Dubai one also as strong, but 11.919 mbc transponder non exsistent this morning.

MBC Action also on 11919, H, 27500 with several weeks.

440618626_4c3b594ef7.jpg

Very extensive EPG too.
    440618624_40da7c0a79.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

im picking the Dubai one transponder 12.130 V here in cork at 67% quality, just holding the picture. No sign of the MBC stuff.

80cm and a technomate.

Advertisement