Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who ate all the pies?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jester77 wrote:
    An embarrassing lesson in what not to do after over indulging at xmas...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6225301.stm

She should be made pay the costs involved. She was even warned not to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I love the bit where they say chocolate bars were given to the children who were trapped.
    I could picture the report saying
    "rescuers attempted to give the children chocolate bars in an effort to keep them calm and occupied during their ordeal, but the treats were taken by the large woman as they were being brought to the youngsters"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

The woman became trapped in the Tunnel of Love

ROFL! This should be all the incentive she needs to get herself in shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

She lost her footing and went down in a splits position.

Ouchies. She should be made pay.

This comment got a chuckle out of me. :D
    Mr Gerstner said: "We believe what goes in, must come out again. People get stuck all the time - that's one of the unfortunate things that happen, it's part of the adventure."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Ha, that is classic. :D:D

I'd just hope that they didn't get hungry while they were trapped in there because it would be the ultimate irony :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

My fave part of the report -
    One rescuer was able to climb over the woman to deliver insulin to the diabetic.

Great imagery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

as long as she isnt made out to be a victim. stupid woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

I have been to the Cango Caves in South Africa and they are an amazing aspect of nature. There are if I remember possible 3 sections to the caves. The first part very big and open, the second part you have to slip though a series of tunnels and then the next you have to crawl. Now at the time I was about 15 stone and I would not go past the first area simply because of the fear of getting stuck. How this person thought they could get though is beyond me.

The Cango Caves as I said are spectacular and if you ever get a chance to Visit South Africa, jump on it. It’s the best place I have ever visited in my life.

There is always one……

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

One would have thought that caving obviously wasn't the best sport/activity to be taking part in if you're a land whale. She received fair warning, quite a few infact, now she should pay the costs involved for paying no heed to said warnings.

Advertisement