Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone need a guitarist anymore???

Options
  • 02-01-2007 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Guitarist available, based in South Dublin, but willing to travel all over Dublin City and also Southern Co. Dublin and commuter towns, ie, Bray, Naas, Celbridge etc etc etc

I'm 23, playing 6 years, mainly blues/rock influenced but open to play ANYTHING. But straigh up rock n roll would be my preference.

Here's a cut and paste of likes from my myspace page...
    Hmm, I love all kinds, Rock, Heavy Metal, Classic Rock, Classical, I love film scores etc. Yeah, pretty much music in general i love. But here's some of my likes...Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Eric Clapton, Cream, Muse, Air, AC/DC, Audioslave, Audiovent, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Dave Matthews Band, Foo Fighters, Goldfrapp, Green Day, Incubus, Jeff Buckley, John Coltrane, Lostprophets, Lou Reed, Marilyn Manson, Nina Simone, Portishead, presidents of the usa, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Simple Minds, Steve Vai, System of a Down, The Doors, The White Stripes, Wes Montgomery, Bon Jovi, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Eva Cassidy, Frank Sinatra, Gary Moore, John Mayall and the Bluebreakers, Less Than Jake, KT Tunstall, The Killers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Madness, The Mars Volta, Johann Sebastian Bach, Beethoven, Frederick Chopin, Mozart, Schubert, Johann Strauss, Petr Tchaikovsky, Giuseppe Verdi, Antonio Vivaldi, Richard Wagner, Moloko, Morcheeba, The Police, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Rory Gallagher, Ten Years After, Rolling Stones, Third Eye Blind, Byrds, Creedance Clearwater Revival, David Bowie, Queen, Dire Straits, Paul Simon, The Four Tops, The Mamas And The Papas, Buffalo Springfield, Wilson Pickett, Van Morrison.. That’s all I can think of right now.
    Here's a link to my old bands page...

www.myspace.com/kemosabemusic

Here's a couple of clips of me playing out of boredom, may as well stick em up.

Clip 1
    Clip 2

I'm really just looking to get back into jamming and eventually gigging, but most of all i want to have a laugh along the way.

Please for the love of god, if you need a guitarist or know of a band that's in need, pm me or point em in my direction.

Cheers,
    Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Getting desperate Dan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

feylya wrote:
    Getting desperate Dan?
    Indubitably... ;)

But seriously, i've been keeping an eye open here, and other places and there's fúck all people looking.

I've noticed that actually. Not actively seeking a band but there seems to be a decline in guitarist wanted ads. Time to dig out the auld bass methinks ;)

Also, I just realised my unintended pun... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

weren't you in a band?...Kemosabe or somethin?

LundiMardi wrote:
    Here's a link to my old bands page...

www.myspace.com/kemosabemusic

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

****...missed that bit:o

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Brother A

Hi I've been looking for (freedom..?) a guitarist!

I've even got some (old) samples up. Got a bass player on board also.
    See
    www.myspace.com/theelvesmusic

Anyone who's interested & can play guitar to a basic level,
    can send me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭telecaster_dub

lundi im 26 from finglas looking to set up a band and i have alot of inluences the same as urself

gis a pm if u wanna discuss more

www.myspace.com/anthonyhumphries

thats me playing guitar not singing

Advertisement