Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options
  • 25-12-2006 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

January Sale in Tesco and they have a 32" Technotronic ( could be technosonic ) LCD that is HD ready......... Wait for it ................
    €399.

If anyone seen my post earlier this week about the 42" Philips. The actual model was 42pf3331/10 and was a steal at €1299 for a HD ready LCD. They're all gone now, but the above is also great value!!!!
    You heard it here first yet again!

Jarvis:D

Is this the best thread this year or what??? 72 votes

Too Right
    0%
    No
    100%
    Peter BCloverDSSarumanOur man in HavanaNuphorchopsterAmigamanTJMAdMMMThe_B_ManSmithersLord NikoncubixPeteDquintroncom7neacy69djfattony2000wanabe 72 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    Hehe excellent thanks mate when does this start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Should start Wednesday but some Tesco stores probably dont even know about the offer and will leave these tv's out the back so ask have they got onr then get them to price check. If anyone tries, let me know how they get on!!!!

Also PC World have a 320GB external hard drive for €110. Starts Wednesday.

Jarvis:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Are you sure??? i saw a 15inch lcd up there yesterday for ~300euro. Cant imagine that much of a discount in half a week.

last great bargain alert of the year if its true tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Sounds good, might have to get myself one of these. I assume it's more than that with money back in ClubCard vouchers?

No
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-5908.aspx

this could be it but it says it's only 50Htz ? A xbox360 wouldn't play any of the new games on it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394834&highlight=Technosonic

saw a few posts saying the 360 looked great on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Holy poop!
    I was considering spending €700 on a 28" lcd the other day... reckon i'll definitely go for this one instead:)
    Will they be starting the sale before January 1st?

Good question, when does their sale start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Fook this looks like a good deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

according to the guys at avforums this technotronic is on sale for
    £399 on boxing day - POUNDS.....which would be 600 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

according to the guys at avforums this technotronic is on sale for
    £399 on boxing day - POUNDS.....which would be 600 euro.
    Thats more like it.
    €399 for a 32 inch lcd is well below manufacturing cost,Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

No
    can the original poster give any more details or proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

lol i knew this was bull... the old mistaking £ for €

No
    yeah must be,

The only thing that interested me though was the OP posted here also

http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055031082

and says he bought one

thought it might be insider knowledge

Correct Smithers, it is insider knowledge and it would be very difficult to mistakingly type € as it takes much more effort to type € as opposed to £.

I'm not 100% sure exactly when it will begin but it will be their lead advertised product to promote the January sale. The shops were instructed not to put these on sale before the event. it is 32" HD ready LCD, that is fact.

If anyone is interested, go into a Tesco Tomorrow morning and ask a member of Management from the hardware dept' this may be a way of getting one before it is advertised. It may only be in the bigger stores too so choose the shop wisely.

Can someone who gets one please post back here so others will realize I'm not making this stuff up and that I am genuinely trying to get people a bargain.

Jarvis

No
    sweet mate, i will contact a mate who works there and see if he can get me first dibs on one, think hes in the new finglas one,

your 100% sure of the price ?

Smithers The new Finglas one will definately have them but be quick. I am positive of the price it's what they call a loss leader.

J

So it is €399?

OH MY GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!:mad:

No
    me mates in at 7am, fingers crossed,

cant afford it , but cant afford not to try and get one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i want one. Any chance Tallaght will have any?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    Anyone know what time Tesco's open at in the morning?

8am I am assuming (Mullingar branch) Anyone confirm?

invest4deepvalue.com

No
    I'm gonna chect the Galway store at 8am too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

No
    do you think mulingar will have them "Do-More" i am up in mullingar at the moment, wil be hading back to dublin in the morning, i might drop in and check too.. mst say tho, iv been to the store a few times i did'nt find it a big store as fonthill,clar-water, does this store normaly sell t.v's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No
    Mullingar has TV's etc yes.. not as big as clearwater though.. if you are heading back to Dublin via the M4 then you can alwayts drop in to the much bigger Maynooth branch. its about as big as Clearwater was before the recent renovations.
    Would be interested to hear how people get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

24hr tesco in dundrum was closed this morn at 7:45 !!!
    anyone check any stores ?

No
    Just been confirmed from my mate this is 100% genuine, he just managed to put one away for me, collecting today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

No
    I too can confirm this offer is the real deal cause I got one this morning in Clearwater. You have to ask though.None on display but ask someone in a suit and you'll get one. Meet someone else out there with one in his trolley. Word gets around.;)
    Report and pics to follow. Only out of box now and it's a nice looking set. Doesn't look cheap at all.

Hats off to Jarvis for the insider tip. Your a legend.:D :D

No
    goint to collect mine now, canny wait!! not many left in finglas i am told, will i need a trolly for it tax man or is it manageable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

No
    Not too heavy but I'd get a trolly so you won't look silly trying to get it out to the car.

Advertisement