Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chorus new channels

• 23-12-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

just noticed on channel 21 mmds (old chorus sport channel) that it has a messeage on screen saying new channels coming watch this space, anyone no what new channels they are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

saw that too.
    Considering they are so cheap, I would presume that
    the channel will be a free to air channel on satellite.
    Like they don't even give us British Eurosport.
    And who watches animal planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The NTL MMDS area lineup and a new/replacement Digital only receiver to watch them is my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

british eurosport is available on the chorus digital epg. it was last week anyway when I was watching it in my sisters house. as for other channels they might get no idea. maybe cnbc and a couple of the ntl mmds channels as the previous post says.

Or it could be just adding the extra setanta channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭Antenna

B wrote:
    just noticed on channel 21 mmds (old chorus sport channel) that it has a messeage on screen saying new channels coming watch this space, anyone no what new channels they are?

Notice also says that the Chorus Sports Channel has closed (anyone know what day exactly it closed?). I had thought it was due to close last September, but instead lasted until sometime in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

Anyone know if any new channels coming to NTL digital? Eurosport would be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I'm seeing this too on Chorus analogue in Limerick. Any idea if they're going to harmonise all the NTL/Chorus analogue cable services around the country or are they just gonna try and get rid of them alltogether?

british eurosport is available on the chorus digital epg. it was last week anyway when I was watching it in my sisters house. as for other channels they might get no idea. maybe cnbc and a couple of the ntl mmds channels as the previous post says.

Or it could be just adding the extra setanta channels

No it is not British Eurosport.
    It is International Eurosport with English commentary. International Eurosport does not have rights to certain events. Bristish Eurosport is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

is sky sports news new on channel 63 or was it always there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 city girl

B wrote:

That message has gone now- have said new channels been added already? If so, anyone know what channels and which frequencies? I'm in Limerick city. Thanks.

city girl wrote:
    That message has gone now- have said new channels been added already? If so, anyone know what channels and which frequencies? I'm in Limerick city. Thanks.

Sky Sports News? I am not sure

• Advertisement

city girl wrote:
    I don't see any new channels here. I doubt they'll add any more analogue channels in Limerick.

As I said above they are so cheap. :o

Sky Sports news seems to be the only new channel. Suppose it is better than crapus sports anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

they've changed their digital packages seemingly. one now starts at 25.99 and the other 27.99. dont ask me the difference in the two. anyone know? maybe the extra channels are in the 27.99 pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

On the digital platform Sky Sports News is included on the basic subscription, also Setanta Sports 1 can now be found where the Chorus Sport channel used to be found.

On Analog Signal Setanta Sports1 can be tuned in on the freq where chorus sport channel could be found c10 not sure what it is in Mhz

There are 2 packages currently on the chorus website but it doesnt say what u get on each. I will let u know when I know more.

Also being tested at present is a new decoder which is manufactured by Thomson set to replace sagem currently the decoder manufacturer chorus use and pace used currently by NTL..

Regards,
    Steve
    :D

I see chorus now have Setanta Golf as a premium channel

steveon wrote:
    On Analog Signal Setanta Sports1 can be tuned in on the freq where chorus sport channel could be found c10 not sure what it is in Mhz
    Frequency is in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055044544 (sorry I can't edit my original post to reflect this change)

I guess I wrong about Chorus adding any more analogue channels here :)

Advertisement