Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Blogs: sticky maybe?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Seriously, get a news aggregator (online version). Its soooooooo much easier that looking aroung at blogs. Try News Gator www.newsgator.com/home.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I like the idea. Perhaps musician will slightly rename the The Poker Guide sticky and add it to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Add all the (quality) poker blogs you can think of to this thread and one of the mods can add the links to one of the stickys for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Add mine in there if you like. Check sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

nice thread pok3rplaya, will give it a full read soon

• Advertisement

I'm just thru reading your blogthread pok3rplaya in its entirety minus some of the HHs. Good work. Do you still play 8 tables at 2/4 & 3/6 or have you reduced the number.

Also, will you post your rate/hr for each level. You said at one point that you made 1.2ptbb/100 hands. This isn't great if you're sitting at 1 table, but is pretty savage if you are at 12!

Thanks for the good read.

http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/forum/poker-37635.htm

Just read the whole thing, good reading material, shows up the swings and roundabouts of the middle limits pretty well. Sick how many hands you get through though.

Are you still playing on Party? Do they still have the 6 tables maximum in place?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Because of the party poker table restriction my set-up is a bit weird at the moment. I'm currently playing 6 Party 2/4 or 3/6 tables and if I'm feeling good, 2 - 4 Tribeca 5/10 tables at the same time. I was playing 6 Party and 2 Stars for a while but Stars is a nitfest, Tribeca is way more profitable so I've dropped the stars tables.

I'll post the rate/hr if you can tell me where to find it.
    I said I was making 1.2ptBB/100 back near the middle of the summer at 2/4. That was playing 6 to 8 tables so I guess thats like $60/hr. I played 70k hands at that rate before deciding I wasn't good enough to compete at 400NL. Basically the variance is sick when your winrate is that marginal and the stress just got too much. I dropped down, learned a bunch and played a bunch then moved back up to 400NL. Over my last 50k hands I've been 6 (or more) tabling at 6ptBB/100.

Anyway the point is, I can't really come up with an hourly rate. When I was a marginal player I was making $60/hr (for 70k hands), now I'm a better player (and running good) and making $250/hr (for 50k hands).

PT will do it for you. Hit session notes and click the show true hourly win rates box. Your win rate will appear. I guess you'd have to filter your data in the preferences to get rates fro different levels.

Ok this is kinda difficult because of the sheer number of hands and because I've changed my SN in the middle of it all. Best I can work out it's:

at 400NL, over 120,000 hands, TWR = $108/hr

at 200NL, over 145,000 hands, TWR = $27/hr

at 100NL. over 33,000 hands, TWR = $35/hr

My # of hands at other limits is insignificant.

• Advertisement

I'm having problems with 1/2 too! ;)
    BTW, if you click the Alias option in the main screen in PT you can 'merge' your nicks so PT treats them as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I check out the duckedagain one now an again. It has some local interest and I find it to be one of the funnier Poker blogs. A bit more about the atmosphere and characters as well as some social observations.
    Its not updated half enough though.

http://duckedagain.blogspot.com/

Kippy

kippy wrote:
    I check out the duckedagain one now an again. It has some local interest and I find it to be one of the funnier Poker blogs. A bit more about the atmosphere and characters as well as some social observations.
    Its not updated half enough though.

http://duckedagain.blogspot.com/
    the single most embarrassing thing I have seen is a guy walking around the room with a Ferrari laptop, this belongs to Tom “The Opinion, and everyone knows what they say about opinions” Murphy, I mean good God man, what do you think goes through peoples minds when they see that thing, it the equivalent of standing under a 20ft neon sign saying “Thunderously Boring Tit with No Penis”. Personally I think selling the laptop and using the proceeds to fund any required enhancement operations would be a better way to go. Of course I am just pointing out how this particular accessory might make one look to other people and I want to make it clear that I certainly have no actual idea exactly how small Tom is.
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

A blog which I'm currently getting tremendous amusement from is

http://88percent.blogspot.com/

This blog should come with a subtitle "How not to manage a bankroll"

• Registered Users Posts: 36,135 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Did he get his bankroll from a lotto win?

edit: ah, the blog starts in February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

ollyk1 wrote:

I think i could write a very good blog on how NOT to manage bankroll:mad:

Better go 10-20 limit calling again:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I can't quite believe what I am reading. Who the hell is that guy???

Believe it Lloyd. It's well worth reading over the last year of the blog.

He's gone from playing with very small money, to having £170k+ to being busto two or three times. He's played three EPT events from what I can see (and the Irish open) and played terribly in all of them. He's a teenage kid who wants to be a famous poker player and always wants to play the highest level on the poker sites on which he's on.

Reading the comments from seasoned internet types on his blog (people who have watched him play) it's obvious its not a hoax. I imagine quite a few people keep an eye on the blog with an eye to relieving him of his cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

ollyk1 wrote:
    Believe it Lloyd. It's well worth reading over the last year of the blog.

He's gone from playing with very small money, to having £170k+ to being busto two or three times. He's played three EPT events from what I can see (and the Irish open) and played terribly in all of them. He's a teenage kid who wants to be a famous poker player and always wants to play the highest level on the poker sites on which he's on.

Reading the comments from seasoned internet types on his blog (people who have watched him play) it's obvious its not a hoax. I imagine quite a few people keep an eye on the blog with an eye to relieving him of his cash.

I read this last week, great read I have to say. From borrowing a few quid off his parents at one stage to playing the EPT in Barcelona. Nuts stuff. Has to play the "top table" don't know why but every time they add a new top table he moves up the levels...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

ollyk1 wrote:

We were talking about him in Singapore - it's not a hoax. A couple of the UK guys know him. He is nuts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Flipper wrote:
    We were talking about him in Singapore - it's not a hoax. A couple of the UK guys know him. He is nuts
    Noticed the 3rd blog he has on is blogroll.......

Jeff, would you edit your first post and add the added blog links - make it easier to find them in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

done! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

ollyk1 wrote:

What an amazing read! How much is he down on the year, can anyone estimate, or did he cash out and keep any of the $170k he made it to? Seems his 1st month of posts had many 'I threw $2000 into my account, lost it all playing too loose, threw another $1000 in and lost that too'!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ionapaul wrote:
    What an amazing read! How much is he down on the year, can anyone estimate, or did he cash out and keep any of the $170k he made it to? Seems his 1st month of posts had many 'I threw $2000 into my account, lost it all playing too loose, threw another $1000 in and lost that too'!
    I stopped after about 4 posts due to his terrible grammar and lack of capitals. Very hard reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

ionapaul wrote:
    LOL I was about to post the exact same question. Great read though, What I liked about the first few months (haven't got onto the later months yet) is you never know where he's going to be playing next, one minute he has a $100 loss limit a day and playing tournaments or buying in for the minimum on some table, then he's thrown that out the window and is playing 25/50, then back to .50/1, then 5/10, I think I even saw a $2+.20 MTT in there as well I think, crazy stuff, he must have hit a serious heater to get up to 6 figures.

One thing he seems to say alot is, "there were no suitable £5/£10 tables, so I played £10/£20, Bought in for (insert random tiny amount), then topped up (a proper amount) 17 times, then somehow, as if by miracle managed to break even!!! Sure why not??? :D:D

I also love how the odd time when he has a small win, he mentions a BR, even though he seems to have already deposited '000's into his various accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Dom your new avatar doesn't work. Its like some sort of mask. You can't just change an avatar after 2500 posts. Back to eeyore please.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dom your new avatar doesn't work. Its like some sort of mask. You can't just change an avatar after 2500 posts. Back to eeyore please.
    I'm trying to change my image..........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I was slighty confused for a short while of who this new guy was, change it back! ianmc changing his was bad enough. i don't like change...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,135 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement