Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" TV in Xtravision

Options
  • 12-12-2006 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,945 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is a bargain or not but here goes.

Xtravision in Letterkenny have a 32" HD ready flat screen (or whatever the technical name is) going for €799. Cant recall the manufacturer's name but its a new one something like "Mairi"

The guy in the shop tells me that the screen part is manufactured by some firm in Germany who make the screens for the PC industry and the casing etc is done in China. He also said that they are on promotion at the moment as the company was new and wanted to break into the market but they are likely to go up in price in the new year (so much for the sales :eek: ) - 2 year guarantee also which is good.

Anyway I would say all Xtravision stores should have them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

• Registered Users Posts: 45,945 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Beelzebub wrote:

Yeah that appears to be the model alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I`ve posted this a couple of times in response to other thread's, but I bought one of those TVs about a month ago. I was going to get it in Xtravision but I found it much cheaper on laptopsdirect.ie. I think I got it for about 590 euros but that was a weekend special they had. Overall I am very happy with the TV. The picture is good and I have no major complaints.

Well ok maybe I have one. There seems to be a light whirring/whistling sound coming from the TV sometimes which is really quite annoying. But I am going to ring up Mirai about it and hopefully get it sorted. I know its not ideal, but with a 2 year warranty I imagine they will be able to fix it pretty handily (hopefully!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There have been a few threads on this. I started on myself.

Its seems to be an ok tv from all accounts. The SBP did an article on LCD tvs a while back and said this was a good budget tv

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

I got one too - all good so far. great picture. does anyone know if it is wall mountable? It doesn't list it as a feature, but I've heard nearly all LCD's are wall mountable....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

PRman wrote:
    but I've heard nearly all LCD's are wall mountable....

With two six inch nails and a hammer they are.:D :D

Plenty of good reports about that set on avforums.com.

edit**Mirai wall mount

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

PRman wrote:
    I got one too - all good so far. great picture. does anyone know if it is wall mountable? It doesn't list it as a feature, but I've heard nearly all LCD's are wall mountable....
    Yep. You can unscrew the base; you need to buy the hinge things yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Are they any good with 360s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi Lads
    bought this tv from laptopsdirect.ie and all I can say is wow I would recommend this to anyone brilliant picture from the VGA which I use also have dvd plugged in through a YPBR cable on profressive scan and it is fantastic I would say go for it vga is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Dman001 wrote:
    Are they any good with 360s
    Yep. It's pretty class to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 h4z4rd

It's a deadly tv i got one too, no problems with it, plenty of inputs, great pictue quality through compentent to xbox 360.

overall - great buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,945 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Apolgies for dragging this thread up again but I was in Xtravision in Letterkenny tonight and I see the set is now retailing for €699 - probably the same price in other Xtravision stores

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A friend of mine bought one of these in Extravision last month and wasn't happy with it and brought it back for a refund. Apparently the sound became distorted when turned up to any audible level and when turned down there was an annoying buzzing sound coming from. They offered to replace it handy enough but he just went for a refund and bought a different LCD.

He probably just got the one faulty one out of the batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,013 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the hyundai tv xtra vision had in before the a321 is a much better tv

im selling my one if anyones interested in adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SandyW

I bought a 32" Hannspree in Xtra- Vision in Athlone on the 17th of Dec .Could not get anyone to connect it or put up a bracket till sat 5th jan,opened tv box to discover tv was damaged ,brought it back with reciept to b told it has to be sent for inspection to Uk and I should get a phone call in approx 2 weeks . I spent an hour in the shop and and left with no guarentee that i would get a tv or my money back . its a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

SandyW wrote: »
    I bought a 32" Hannspree in Xtra- Vision in Athlone on the 17th of Dec .Could not get anyone to connect it or put up a bracket till sat 5th jan,opened tv box to discover tv was damaged ,brought it back with reciept to b told it has to be sent for inspection to Uk and I should get a phone call in approx 2 weeks . I spent an hour in the shop and and left with no guarentee that i would get a tv or my money back . its a disgrace.

I got a tablet as a present from a different store as a present for christmas,it was bought around 10th december. It was faulty so brought it back, because it was withing 28 days of purchase, they gave me a brand new one. Not sure if this is any use, but I would try demand a replacement or money back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

SandyW wrote: »

You know what else is a disgrace? Ressurecting threads that are 7 years old!! ;)

As for your predicament, I don't know how you can say, "....left with no guarentee that i would get a tv or my money back...." You have a receipt and the tv is well within warranty so of course you'll get a new (or repaired) TV or your money back. I'd hardly call it a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

SandyW,

Don't bump old threads.

Please start a new thread elsewhere - possibly Consumer Issues.

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement