Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone looking for Tiger Cheap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

Wouldn't call 55 quid cheap Thump, what with Leopard just round the corner. 15 quid, now that would be cheap.

Yours in sin, avarice and greed;

Guts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

please dont this forum to advertise your goods, thats what adverts is for!
    i concur with guts, that aint cheap.

damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I generally only contribute here constructively, but i just thought that someone here may be lookig for a copy and hence i advertised it on boards, it was a cheap trick and i loath myself for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Jesus!
    For a start, I hate ads.ie, so I never check it out, and so I would appreciate a heads-up about Mac products on this forum.
    Secondly, from Apple, Tiger is €129 so €55 is cheap considering it's still sealed!
    And Leopard is around the corner, so what?! People are still buying Windows XP aren't they? There are a lot of people still buying Tiger, esp from buying older Macs, which we should be encouraging, right?!
    Also, I've been using Leopard for quite some time now, and there's really not much difference for the average user.
    Unless Apple bring in something pretty spectactular in the next 4 months, I'm not going to upgrade.

Why the attack?
    What do others think?

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Personally, I think with the limited number fo Mac users here, its not a major issue to have an occasional FS posting so long as we are not being spammed to pieces. Tis up to the mods of the board though, in the past it has not been an issue.

I think 50e for sealed Tiger is a good deal. Prices paid on ebay reflect that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

sinecurea wrote:
    I've been using Leopard for quite some time now, and there's really not much difference for the average user. Unless Apple bring in something pretty spectacular in the next 4 months, I'm not going to upgrade.

Isn't discussing a pre-release version a contravention of the non-disclosure agreement, Stephen? Lynn.

Personally I'll wait to read intelligent reports once the release version is out in the wild, as it were.

I don't have any objection to people posting relevant stuff in here from adverts either, but I (personally) wouldn't buy Tiger for 50 quid at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Personally, I think with the limited number fo Mac users here, its not a major issue to have an occasional FS posting so long as we are not being spammed to pieces. Tis up to the mods of the board though, in the past it has not been an issue.

I think 50e for sealed Tiger is a good deal. Prices paid on ebay reflect that.

I agree with you but I don't have a mac anymore so my opinion my be worthless! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

hughchal wrote:
    Isn't discussing a pre-release version a contravention of the non-disclosure agreement, Stephen?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

there is a difference between a beta / developer copy and the NDA copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

whippet wrote:
    there is a difference between a beta / developer copy and the NDA copy.

what sort of difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I think everyone in this thread needs to get a fcukin life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

sturgo wrote:
    I think everyone in this thread needs to get a fcukin life.

Thank you for your input, oh wise one :rolleyes:

Advertisement