Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v France

Options
  • 27-11-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭

Hi I got tickets for the World Cup match v France on September 20th and have spent the last while looking for the cheapest way of getting there and this is the best I found. I posted it now because as the hype grows it will become more expensive as we go along. For those without tickets keep an eye to the RWC 2007 website. I hope this is ok to do this.
    Fly to Rennes with Aer lingus Thursday 20th Sept return flight cost €89.49 per person departs 13:50 arrives 16:05. http://www.flyaerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/index.jsp
    Fast train to Paris with SNCF http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_SvHomePage?_DLG=SvHomePage&_CMD=cmdHomepageUK&WB=HP
    Departs 17:05 arrives Paris Montparnesse 19:15.Cost is €71 return pp.
    Staying at the Aberotel 3 star near the station: http://www.venere.com/hotel/index.php?htid=12633&&sd=20&sm=09&sy=2007&ed=22&em=09&ey=2007&pval=2&rval=1&show_result=1&ref=2750
    Its still central Cost €224 double room for two nights.
    Returning Saturday 22nd departs Montparnesse at 11:05 arrive Rennes 13:21 flight is 16:45.
    Rennes airport is approx 10 km from the centre of Rennes buses go back and forth. RYANAIR have no prices yet and Aer lingus are looking for €395 per person and Air France are looking for €331. Saving around €200 per person.
    The only thing to pay for is the flight you can book the train at a later date and the hotel can be booked now but you pay on the day you leave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Yea I looked at that but because of the restrictions in hand luggage you have to give yourself a lot of time beween flights anyway I booked the Rennes flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Aer Lingus are 607.52 from Cork to CDG. Ridiculous.

EUR335.00 from Shannon or Cork via LHR to CDG with BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Do ye think will the organisers release more tickets for this match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

daveirl wrote:

I'd double check those tickets Dave if you don't want to end up in the middle of China

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Hi I'm bringing this up in case anyone took my advice about booking the flight to Rennes. Aer Lingus cancelled the flights to Rennes so I rang them and they reaccomadated me on the Paris flights leaving Friday and coming back Sunday:D for the same price! A saving of nearly €900. So if anyone did the same contact them quick as the flights are selling fast.

Advertisement