Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shampoo or not

Options
  • 09-11-2006 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Is it better to use shampoo or just clear water for washing hair. Has anyone tried water only for long periods with what results.
    Look forward to views

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Water only doesn't get rid of grease in your hair ! I guess it would depend on how long your hair is really,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I used water on my (greasy) hair, while camping a few years ago, and it just made my hair more disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Yeah I've had freashly washed hair and then gone out in the rain and it made my hair greasy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

theres a theory that if you dont wash your hair for 6 weeks it starts to clean itself - same as animals. because shampoo strips the grease from your hair your body makes more to compensate hence your hair getting greasy. if hair is not washed your scalp will start to regulate the grease production again. have seen a few articles in a magazine where women have not washed their hair in years there are a lot of these people out there im sure if you google it you will find some info

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think that is kind of accurate, I didn't wash mine for ****ing ages one year and it started to be nice again, heh.

I think shampoo is the way though, good ones only.
    At the moment, I have some faith in Nature ones(7e a pop), they are brillinant, and head & Shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

theres a theory that if you dont wash your hair for 6 weeks it starts to clean itself - same as animals.

I was in college with a girl who tried this, for about 2 months, and she said it did improve the condition of her hair eventually. It always looked very greasy (and was more than a bit smelly tbh) whenever I saw her though. I don't think I could live without shampoo - I'd be too paranoid about the appearance/smell.

Advertisement