Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Doctor and dentist

Options
  • 22-10-2006 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right spot for this or not. My girlfriend is polish and wants to find a polish doctor and dentist somewhere in dublin. Does anyone know of a good polish doctor or dentist. Also does anyone know of what he/she would charge?

Answers on a postcard to.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try the embassy and the Polish sections of the papers.

I think the Frederick Street Clinic has or had a Polish dentist. Frederick Street Clinic, 15 Nth Frederick St. 8743019/8743017

Also try the dental hospital. http://web1.dental.tcd.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I believe there's alot of them back in Poland!.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mairt wrote:

Thanks for that,I bet you were top of your class last year in 5th class.Helpful replies only.

On a side note,how hard is it for a polish doctor or dentist to practice over here...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mairt wrote:

Tut Tut,there is always one:rolleyes:

There is a polish part in the evening herald newspaper that might be of help too.:)

But I fail to see why she can't go to an Irish doctor, or anyther nationality for that matter. 'Tis all about integration these days my friends!.

Anyway before someone accuses me of being anti-Polish check out my thread in the languages forum where I'm asking about learning to speak Polish. See since they're here, I thought I might as well play my bit too!.

Right, if the OP's GF is unwel I wish her a speedy recovery and I'm sure the Dept. Of Health could point her in the right direction in regards to her request.

Apologies once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mairt wrote:
    But I fail to see why she can't go to an Irish doctor, or anyther nationality for that matter.
    Maybe her English isn't very good at a medical level?

Victor wrote:
    Maybe her English isn't very good at a medical level?

If doctors can treat an unconscious patient he can treat one with poor English!.

Anyway I'm not getting into a debate about the girl or her English speaking abilities. I've been treated by Polish doctors before and my Polish is zlich!.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If doctors can treat an unconscious patient he can treat one with poor English!.

Anyway I'm not getting into a debate about the girl or her English speaking abilities. I've been treated by Polish doctors before and my Polish is zlich!.

Some people get that white coat syndrome and anything that can make them less panicky can only help. A doctor/dentist in your own language is a big comfort however well you speak another language. Knew a chap once who had to have his mother go to the dentist with him until his late teens as he was absolutely terrified and prone to inflicting violence on dentists. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

brilliant, i am going to check them out. polish doctors appear to give out 2 week sick certs for no reason

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dub13 wrote: »
    On a side note,how hard is it for a polish doctor or dentist to practice over here...?
    More of a case of: is their doctor/dental cert worth the paper it's written on over here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I know there's a Polish doctor that sits in the pharmacy in Gullivers Retail Park, Northwood, Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Yeah im not too sure about this, but I think there is some Polish clinic opposite the Rotunda and behind the bus stops near the sinn féin shop. Its down a flight of stairs in front of the building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

you do know this thread is almost 3 years old? i hope she found a doctor somewhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    you do know this thread is almost 3 years old? i hope she found a doctor somewhere

Maybe she had to go back to poland to be treated as irish doctors werent up to the task

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

There's a Polish medical centre down on the Luas Red Line (Tallaght line) in the city centre. Somewhere between Jervis and Museum stops. I think it's near Blackhall Place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 upsy daisy

There's is also a polish doc and dentist in the Meridian Clinic in Clarehall on the Malahide Road

Advertisement