Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another layered outfit!!

Options
  • 11-10-2006 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Heres another one of my outfits.

Its soo cosy. I love this dress. its great for jeans!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Not to be rude, but what is the point in posting these pics?

Are you hoping to start a trend? Looking for people to compliment/slag you?

It may be comfortable, but I'm really sure that I'd be more comfortable in my jocks and dressing gown - however I don't post pics of myself and said ensemble (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Looks awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I love this dress. its great for jeans!!

It's not, honestly.

Though you seem to be giving the layered look a shot, I don't think you're getting a grasp of it. No offence intended but as with the last one you posted, this outfit looks a mess. The top doesn't go with the dress, the dress doesn't go with the jeans and the shoes don't look right whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Each to their own I guess... :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

rb_ie wrote:
    It's not, honestly.

Though you seem to be giving the layered look a shot, I don't think you're getting a grasp of it. No offence intended but as with the last one you posted, this outfit looks a mess. The top doesn't go with the dress, the dress doesn't go with the jeans and the shoes don't look right whatsoever.

Agreed, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Davei141 wrote:
    Looks awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

If you're interested in posting pictures of yourself and getting feedback, why dont you find an image board forum and post there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnnn, doesn't look great I'm afraid. I'd most likely ignore someone walking down the street like that.

If you're interested in posting pictures of yourself and getting feedback, why dont you find an image board forum and post there?
    Because this is the fashion/appearance forum and caters for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

rb_ie wrote:
    It's not, honestly.

I agree, it doesn't look good. Also just because someone somewhere declares an "in" look for the seaon or those girls on Off The Rails tell you its hot doesn't mean you have to be a sheep and follow it. I really think you should dress to suit your body shape and age. Some of the layered looks can look good, this one doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

It doesnt even look like a dress

did the person takin the photo laugh at ye?

Seriously, POST PICS OF UR HALLOWEEN COSTUME!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lmao, anyway sorry, I have to agree with them. i'm not a fan...

abetarrush wrote:
    It doesnt even look like a dress

did the person takin the photo laugh at ye?

Seriously, POST PICS OF UR HALLOWEEN COSTUME!

I don't believe that pic is actually of the OP. Look at the copyright info to the left.

eo980 wrote:
    I don't believe that pic is actually of the OP. Look at the copyright info to the left.

Wow... didn't even see that. Good point.
    Ok... (to thread starter): so why are you posting pics that aren't of yourself for critique?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Probably someone who has a fatwa against the whole 'dress over pants' job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

quad_red wrote:
    Probably someone who has a fatwa against the whole 'dress over pants' job.

What does ''fatwa'' mean?

mcoolmcool wrote:
    What does ''fatwa'' mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Could be nice but the dress just looks like its going to fall down. Maybe if it had straps?

panda100 wrote:
    Could be nice

It really couldn't, even with straps it'd still be a mess.

Most likely a troll, going by the copyright on the left hand side of the picture, OP can explain herself otherwise I say ban 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

panda100 wrote:
    Could be nice but the dress just looks like its going to fall down. Maybe if it had straps?
    no

its just horrible

end of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

This thread seems to have been sufficiently de-railed so I'm going to ask everyone a question:

Does anyone here remember that karina62 character? The one who posted pictures of tights all the time, there could have been two or three threads, all dealing with tights. It goes back a year maybe.

Indeed, I remember Krazy Karina! Man she was nuts about her tights alright. Hmnnn. Amazed you remembered that Grimloch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No offence to the OP but I just can't understand the layering thing at all. Its so rare that it's carried off without looking sloppy and ramshackle. A lot of the time it just makes even slim women look shapeless and bulky.

grimloch wrote:
    This thread seems to have been sufficiently de-railed so I'm going to ask everyone a question:

Does anyone here remember that karina62 character? The one who posted pictures of tights all the time, there could have been two or three threads, all dealing with tights. It goes back a year maybe.

And what happened to this character, if I may ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Banned in the end I believe. The whole thing was very similar to what we have now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I think her posting pics is fine.

The copyright thing could be from her camera or a date or something written out.

The layering thing works sometimes but it takes planning/.

The particular photo though is not that good, the clothes i mean. It just doesnt work, more like a blanket wrapped around someone whos cold. Doesn't look like anything stylish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It doesn't look good, it looks like the person was trying too hard to make a layered outfit and failed very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What's wrong with tights?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I have to agree with the majority - it doesn't work.

I see from your profile (should it be real) that you want to be a fashion designer.
    Perhaps you should do some research into different looks. I'm no expert but it's common knowledge that fashion designers tend to set the trends, as opposed to trying to perfect last seasons.

Get a look you're happy with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement