Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Exit Hand: Anyone getting away from this?

Options
  • 08-10-2006 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,132 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I will add to this that I had been playing supertight for the first few levels. This was possibly the 2nd or 3rd pot I had played all night. But I guess my general image meant no-one noticed how tight I had been playing!

EDIT: IMO theres absolutely no way you can get away from this hand, however, I know you have AA or KK preflop so when I lead there I will have a set or a flush everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Overpair to the board and nut flush draw? I know i wouldnt be able to fold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I'm not sure what the flop raise accomplishes. Call his bet and hope he keeps putting money in the pot with a hand you beat. Although there's not a lot of hands you do beat here, imo. Cardshark is crazy, but not that crazy.

But I don't see how you can get away from the hand now.

Edit to add: When I say "there's not a lot of hands you do beat here", I mean that if you call his push you're almost certainly behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I thought you should have mucked those. It was a bit early in the tourney to get your stack in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

well you can't exactly fold now, your maths is bad because you are getting much more than 2:1 to call. Just call the flop and let him stack off with Kx 9s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

As played it's a must call. I don't like the Flop Re-raise. All it does it commits you to the hand and folds basically nothing Reggie could lead with.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,132 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

The only thing I don't like here Lloyd is the flop raise as it commits you to the hand. When Reggie pushes, the chance he is bluffing so early in the tournament is close to zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

my take is you knew he had flopped the flush but you were happy to gamble on the 4th spade coming and either double up or else grab your favourite seat at the main cash game (which obv worked given the nice mountain of chips you accumulated there)

enough with all the theory talk, admit it (you big gamblor)!!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭fuzzbox

Like others have said - I dont like the flop raise.

You kinda have to call the shove tho, even tho it sux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

You're actually getting closer to 3:1 so you have to call. As has already been pointed out, raising the flop is bad. Reggie may be loose but he's a smart LAG who knows your range for a 4BB UTG raise, If he knows that and he's leading into you then you should be asking youself WHY is he leading out? As has been pointed out many times on this forum raising for info sucks balls. Now that he's pushed I think most likely he has QQ here and sometimes an already made flush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

What did he have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    10s9s. He'd flopped the flush. No further spades or miracles and I was first out of the tourney.

Told you Wednesday nite to arrive late to avoide this very eventuallity..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Just go all in preflop and you won't be faced with any tricky decisions in the hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

ah jesus I thought it was an ironic post about his real exit hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭JayoFella

if you need a thread to answer this question give up, if you are affectivly getting 2-1 to make the call that means you only need to be right roughly 30 % of the time if you had to this equation that you are most certainly not drawing dead with the As you have 9s to win if he has trips and you have 2 Aaces to win if he has trips also so that leaves you with 11 outs and if he has floppe a flush you have 7 outs ( not including runner runner boat) so worst case sceanio you have roughly 20 % chance to win this hand that would be the very worse chance so if you played this hand 5 times and won 1 of them you wouldnt be losing more then if you folded with the potential odds he does not have a flush and he is probaly pushing with KQ to protect his hand you should most certainly instand call in this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Full stops are your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭BloodyDeath

lads its 4 years old. i m over here looking for a thread that PL did on BRM and i saw this.

Advertisement