Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostly Activity Drives Family From Home

Options
  • 04-10-2006 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

- As reported by the Galway Indepenent!

What does anyone make of that story on the front of the independent? Its a bit crazy that this has made front page news. It reports that one of the occupants of the house had been "attacked, beaten and scraped by a vicious spirit" :eek:

It also mentions some haunting case from galway from the early 90's? any one know anything about this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ghostly activity drives family from home

by Keith Lynch

Former neighbours of the Galway family - forced to call in a psychic in a bid to rid their home of spirits - had to abandon their own home in Rahoon because of ghostly activity.

According to top physic Sandra Rhamdani, supernatural activity has already forced a family out of a house in Corrach Bu� housing estate in Rahoon.

The physic, who was called to Galway last week to help the Corcoran family who also live in Corrach Bu�, believes that there is rampant supernatural activity in the area.

Ms Rhamdani told the Galway Independent this week, "The Corcorans did have neighbours who were forced to leave. And I'm quite sure there are other people in the area who have had experiences, but it hasn't got serious enough for them to speak out about it."

She blamed the ghostly activity on the nearby Rahoon cemetery, which she says is causing "energy problems" in the area.

Ms Rhamdani carried out a healing ceremony on the home of John and Kate Corcoran last week to purge the house of three spirits - a mother and child as well as an aggressive male.

And the physic, who previously helped the nearby Fahey family after an infamous haunting case in Galway in the 90s, described the situation in the Corcoran House as "absolutely insane".

The family alleged last week that the ghost of a young girl had led their daughter downstairs and that John had been attacked, beaten and scraped by a vicious spirit.

However according to Ms Rhamdani, the family have not reported any further problems since a "healing ceremony" was carried out in the house last week.

She said, the main "healing ceremony" was carried out on Wednesday and they slept peacefully in the house that night.

The unfortunate family had been previously forced into staying with in-laws because of the odd goings-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

from the Evening Herald:
    poltergeistherald.jpg

from The Irish Mirror:
    PoltergeistMirrorP1.jpg

GalFullStory.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I wonder if the corpo has to rehouse them on the evidence of a ghostbuster ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Theme park coming in 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

sinus wrote:
    It also mentions some haunting case from galway from the early 90's? any one know anything about this??

Yeah it happened in Corrib Park a number of years ago ,twas all over the papers and radio.Some new born baby in the house caused the ""spirit" to get pi55ed off or something along those lines.Mind you Gerry Ryan followed it daily , says it all really........People i know from the area said they were a bit nuts anyway.I was in Joyces one day and there was a book in there all on the "haunting" and what went on, would have been a good gander id say.

Looking at the picture id say the kid on the right in his fathers arms is the **** stirrer.....look at the head on him:eek:

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I wonder if the corpo has to rehouse them on the evidence of a ghostbuster ???

Classic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

PR stunt or chancers trying to upgrade corpo house for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

JohnCleary wrote:
    PR stunt

I would say its a PR stunt alright. For God sake, ghosts and spirits :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's what people in the 1930's believed, not in the 21st century.

"energy problems" - they should get a fire/stove. :D

"healing ceremony" - - it takes all sorts, doesn't it :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

padi89 wrote:
    Yeah it happened in Corrib Park a number of years ago

In another corpo house !

Whatever happened with that house at the Roundabout at Wellpark opposite The Huntsman? Is it still a B&B??

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    Whatever happened with that house at the Roundabout at Wellpark opposite The Huntsman? Is it still a B&B??

Still there as a B&B ,it was only "haunted" when it was run down:rolleyes:, interior decorators and painters are the new ghostbusters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

kd_scary.jpg

arrrrrrrggggghhhh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

sinus wrote:
    kd_scary.jpg

arrrrrrrggggghhhh
    The horror, the horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

"physic" phonectically sounds like fizzick
    How could a journalist get that wrong? Its P S Y C H I C. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"physic" phonectically sounds like fizzick
    How could a journalist get that wrong? Its P S Y C H I C. :mad:
    Is it a bird? A plane? No, it's Psy Chic to the rescue! Go Psy Chic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

oh my dad was telling me bout that B&B opposite the Huntsman...was a big rumour that was started by somone (who shall remain nameless) so that he could buy the house at a much lower price cos the thought of it being haunted would put people off it and make it harder to sell. duno if it worked in the end..never asked my dad if mr X did actually end up buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

fifib wrote:
    oh my dad was telling me bout that B&B opposite the Huntsman...was a big rumour that was started by somone (who shall remain nameless) so that he could buy the house at a much lower price cos the thought of it being haunted would put people off it and make it harder to sell. duno if it worked in the end..never asked my dad if mr X did actually end up buying it

sounds like a plotline from Scooby Doo

sinus wrote:
    kd_scary.jpg

arrrrrrrggggghhhh

Oh. My. Sweet. Jesus

Give that man a prize!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Knacker Dwarf

sinus wrote:
    kd_scary.jpg

arrrrrrrggggghhhh

That's going on the blog tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

JohnCleary wrote:

that was completely demolished and rebuilt... and they even got a bishop in to exorcise what ever spirit was there on the site...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

At least it's a seasonal PR stunt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

SyxPak wrote:
    At least it's a seasonal PR stunt.
    Honestly, Halloween starts earlier and earlier each year.

Give me an old fashioned holiday like St Skeletor's day, the equivalent of Valentines Day for bitter single people.

Robbo wrote:
    Honestly, Halloween starts earlier and earlier each year.

Give me an old fashioned holiday like St Skeletor's day, the equivalent of Valentines Day for bitter single people.

There's a ghost in your old house Robbo. It drives a BMW coupe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I wonder if the psychics' costs are covered by their house insurance - "messy spirits banished to the underworld"!!!

TBH, I think that the only spirits at play here have something to do with Diageo!

Sinus - crackin' picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aslantheslayer

sinus wrote:
    kd_scary.jpg

arrrrrrrggggghhhh

Sinus Ive Got to ask, How did you get a photo of that theiving didiman on the car?

Is that shamus or the other one?

Sinus Ive Got to ask, How did you get a photo of that theiving didiman on the car?

Is that shamus or the other one?

Probably selotaped a wallet to the roof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

fifib wrote:

It's called Bay View yeah? I actually remember being terrified of that house when I was about 6 cos someone told me it was haunted. Guess it worked!

That house still creeps me out anytime I walk near it.

Wasn't there a supposed haunted house just beside Leisureland in Salthill maybe 7 years ago. I think they took the house down brick by brick and moved it somewhere else? It was where the Galwaybay hotel is now.

I think I remember my parents saying that they were driving past that house years ago and saw the flicker of a candle moving across one of the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

There's a big dirty house near where I live! It's on the coast road coming into Oranmore.

It's all boarded up, because apparently nothing can be done with it!

The last occupants were German students in the 90's, whom were plagued by noises, weird feelings and stuff moving around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

There's a big dirty house near where I live! It's on the coast road coming into Oranmore.

It's all boarded up, because apparently nothing can be done with it!

The last occupants were German students in the 90's, whom were plagued by noises, weird feelings and stuff moving around!

yeah the o tooles and fahys freaking them out!!!

Advertisement