Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to send a stamped self address envelope to the UK?

Options
  • 03-10-2006 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help? I need to send stamped self addressed envelope to the UK. Can I just use Irish stamps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

No you can't use Irish stamps.

Get yourself down to your local post office and tell them what you need, they'll sort you out.

I used to send off SAEs to the UK when I was younger for various things, and from what I remember, they don't give you an English stamp, more like a sticker or something you put on the envelope, which can be used by the post offices over there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I used to send off SAEs to the UK when I was younger for various things, and from what I remember, they don't give you an English stamp, more like a sticker or something you put on the envelope, which can be used by the post offices over there..
    If you mean International Reply Coupons, An Post unilaterally decided to stop selling them a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Royal Mail now offers buy and print "stamps" online, basically you pay for your postage and print it down and stick it onto the Envelope in label form or else print it on.

I remember been younger getting my relatives to send me stamps from the UK for various purposes, Farthing Wood Friends comes to mind, anyone remember that magazine? loved it when I was about 7 or 8.

[EDIT] If you are up the north you can buy UK stamps there, bit far from Galway though. [EDIT]

Advertisement