Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"IMP wifi radio" amazing product

Options
  • 29-09-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have had a Magicbox Imp wifi radio for one month, an amazing gadget!! I can listen to internet radio anywhere with in the range of my wireless broadband house modem router whith out switching on my PC. Does any body else on the forum own one?

For more info have a look at this url http://www.theimpradio.com/

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Clearlyn2 can you confirm to me that you have nothing to do with this company and are just recommending a product you have used.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It looks ****e. Style wise

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

While the Imp Adapt thingy might have some use, if connected to a hifi, the Imp radio itself does look dire, in my opinion. Though there are few different manufacturers with similar ideas to the Imp Adapt already. I only see one speaker too on the Imp radio, so I presume it's a mono unit as opposed to stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Or just really crap Stereo, ie 2 speakers in that tiny area.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I've been humming and hawing about getting a squeezebox from http://www.slimdevices.com/ for a while now. I still think I'd go for that over this.

Still humming though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 clearlyn2

TCP/IP wrote:
    Clearlyn2 can you confirm to me that you have nothing to do with this company and are just recommending a product you have used.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

TCP/IP

I am just a regular punter down greystones way, I am so impressed with my radio I thought i would just spread the word about this coolest of gadgets! I must admit i have been a shortwave listener for years, the Imp bring all those station and the rest to my wifi radio with crystal clear reception.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Great thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭byrnefm

When over in Portsmouth last weekend, I saw the following in Currys - a Logik IR100 Wi-Fi Internet radio. Looked sweet and was priced at £99.95 (usually £149.95 but is on sale):

http://news.cnet.co.uk/televisions/0,39029698,49282826-6,00.htm

I'd have bought one then and there but then remembered I don't have broadband, let alone wireless broadband ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

cregser wrote:
    I've been humming and hawing about getting a squeezebox from http://www.slimdevices.com/ for a while now. I still think I'd go for that over this.

Still humming though...
    Aye, that's the device that seems to get plugged a lot on Pandora.com and looks nice.

That Logik IR100 doesn't look great IMO. I'd prefer the Squeezebox, and connect it to a proper hifi but then the likes of Squeezebox and fellow clones are more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

$249 is very steep for the squeezebox I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

You could always write to T3 magazine and try and win letter of the month. They give a Squeezebox to one person every month (and they rave about it too).

One question, why are we so behind in upcoming technologies? No DAB radio, no TMC for sat-nav, no proper digital TV content from the Irish broadcasters, slow broadband rollout, etc, etc. Cutting-edge Ireland, my ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

I got a Roku Soundbridge (www.rokulabs.com) from the wife for Christmas and I love it. Seems pretty similar to the Imp's Adapt product.

Only downside is the remote is a funky curved shape and tends to fall off any flat surfaces quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm thinking of getting one of these (blooming expensive though), what I wondered is, would I be able to get planet rock through it?
    Its got a website and is on DAB but of course we can't get DAB here (even though I did buy a DAB to try it).
    Any advise would be great, I'm not to well up on these things, just saw the Logik one in Currys for 149 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

magnumlady wrote:
    Its got a website and is on DAB but of course we can't get DAB here (even though I did buy a DAB to try it).

good point. i always wonder why they are selling this DVB-T and DAB stuff in PC WORLD in Ireland...

Advertisement