Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI car stereo

Options
  • 11-09-2006 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

link.

'What a superb combination - this advanced, in-car solution is not only a crystal clear, feature-packed CD/MP3 player, but also Bluetooth-enabled so you can make hands-free mobile phone calls.

* Aux. input for MP3/iPod connection
    * Bluetooth features: integrated microphone in car radio panel, call accept, disconnect, reject, transfer, voice dialling, last number redial, speaker mode
    * CD/MP3 Radio features: CD, CD-R, CD-RW and MP3 CD playback, ESP anti-shock protection (40 sec CD/100 sec MP3), MP3 with ID3 tag, detachable panel, AM/FM PLL radio with RDS function, 24 station pre set memory, 4 × 40 watt power output, electronic audio controls, pre set equaliser (Flat/Classic/Pop/Rock), ISO connector RCA line out
    * Available in: Silver, Silver/Black
    * FREE remote control'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

It aint there. They possibly put it up early and then took it down. I've been looking for one of these though. What price is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It was there when I clicked it, €129.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

The link is working now.

€129

Oh, I just ctrl refreshed and it came up. Definatly gonna try and get that. Exactly what I want and my old tevion has served me well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looks good and could well do with the bluetooth.

How likely is this to sell out? Been burnt be these specials before!

• Advertisement

I'd say its likely. But iirc the last car stereo lasted a while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

chalky wrote:
    I'd say its likely. But iirc the last car stereo lasted a while.

Its a Sunday as well. Didnt realise that at first. Should be able to pick it up so

kearnsr wrote:
    Its a Sunday as well. Didnt realise that at first. Should be able to pick it up so
    Damn! That probably means I'll have to get up early on sunday :(

I know nothing about fittin these things. Any one know if its hard or easy or what stuff you need? I've a cd player at the moment that came with my 99 punto team. Will it fit?

chalky wrote:

Damn! That probably means I'll have to get up early on sunday

As long as you let me get mine first I dont care what time you get up at!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hmm...maybe I shouldnt have posted about this after all:D

I was thinking of getting this Sony Head Unit from Halfords for €130. Does anyone know which would be better? I dont want to get the Tevion if the sound is significantly inferior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I wasn't impressed with the sound of the last car MP3 player they did. Mine broke after a few months, and I then I got a Pioneer from the UK for about €30 more. Not mad about the Pioneer's bassy sound, but its blows away the lidi one in terms of sound quality and build quality. I'd go for the Sony myself.

I thought the sound from the old one was fine. Plus I was thinking of buying a pioneer bluetooth car radio a while ago, the cheapest I could find one anywhere was €300

NOTE: I am not discouraging anyone from not buying this. In fact, don't buy it!!! Its sh!t!!!! And I really want there to be one left when I go in to buy it.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

I also think the sound from their last car stereo is grand. I got one when they went on sale last December and I haven't had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I wasn't impressed with the sound of the last car MP3 player they did. Mine broke after a few months, and I then I got a Pioneer from the UK for about €30 more. Not mad about the Pioneer's bassy sound, but its blows away the lidi one in terms of sound quality and build quality. I'd go for the Sony myself.

"lidi"?

hehe... is that Aldi or Lidl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

The Tevion one from aldi is in my accord and I have to say the sound is excellent, I have a background in sound engineering and theres nothing wrong from what I can hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

kearnsr wrote:
    I know nothing about fittin these things. Any one know if its hard or easy or what stuff you need? I've a cd player at the moment that came with my 99 punto team. Will it fit?

Most head units are a standard size so it should fit. I bought a unit off ebay and fitted it in about 15 minutes even though it was my first try. Id recommend something like these and the sockets to join the wires.

The Tevion one from aldi is in my accord and I have to say the sound is excellent, I have a background in sound engineering and theres nothing wrong from what I can hear.

When you have to qualify your comment its doesn't add any weight to your argument. I might aswell claim I'm a recording engineer or a concert pianist, or that I've got golden ears. :D Its the web, its doesn't matter. SQ is subjective and the pioneer was obviously better to us when we did a back to back (ABX) comparision. Which we did when swapping the units over. Perhaps it matched the speakers better who knows. That said I wouldn't get a Pioneer again, the controls are an ergonomic nightmare, and almost every EQ setting on it is that modern drum and bass scoop which is annoying. The way it handles MP3 tags is quite poor too. The Vol dial moves in too small increments and theres no mute button! . There has to be a better designed unit for a car. Its well constructed though.

Anywayz, its just a subjective opinion, someone else might rate the Tevion better than the Pioneer. Such is life. I won't loose sleep over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

quick question tempestsabre, when your original tevion head unit died, did aldi not replace it for you? I thought their gear had a 3 year guarantee

They offered a refund, which was nice of them. So I accepted it. What broke on mine was the panel release. It jammed a few times and eventually broke. I got the impression they'd had a few back. But its about a year ago so I'm a little hazy on the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

cool thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So you did get the Aldi/Tevion one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

my tevion one is amazing. never had any problems. Sounds is much better than some of my friends other players for the same price. Might get this one aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

mite pick this up on sunday. the bluetooth is very handy to have on it and its basically wot im lookin for atm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm gonna buy 2. One for the boat and the car, bluetooth will be dead handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Well if anyone wants to give me their receipt it would be much appreciated.

Long story but we bought one in June. Small things started to go wrong with it and then some part of it broke off (husbands car). My dh brought it back to the shop (I lost the receipt) and was basically told fcuk off by the manager. The manager claimed that he could have bought it in Germany, so therefore we had no case.

I know I did not have any hope without a receipt so my dh just got another one. I could give you all bits of it for spare parts :D

Hope yours works out well though.

Edit: Only after copping on now that it is a different model, sorry. Spot the woman technophobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭KO

I got one of Aldi's car MP3 players before and the radio reception is very bad on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭beezkneez

that car radio system sounds great - i have controls on my steering wheel for my cd player - anybody now if this will still work? also what happens to the screen in my car that shows song number, volume etc? (its seperate to the radio but must be connected into the back somehow).

Those controls are usually proprietary. I guess it would depend on the model. I think some of those iPod modules you can buy do work with specific cars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Cianos wrote:
    Hmm...maybe I shouldnt have posted about this after all:D

I was thinking of getting this Sony Head Unit from Halfords for €130. Does anyone know which would be better? I dont want to get the Tevion if the sound is significantly inferior

That's not a bluetooth head unit, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The remote control is infra red so while you could attach it to the steering wheel it probably wouldn't work, maybe at night.

Anyway - anyone know if it has LW ?
    The previous Aldi one didn't but the Lidl one did.

Advertisement