Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microlite

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lynm

Hey ladies...some very useful info u have on here but just wondering if anyone has had this problem im currently going through...so i started using microlite 4months ago and just started my 5th pack today...had a shortened preiod after the first pack-went down to 3 days from 5days and now the problem is for the last 2months instead of a 5day cycle it seems to go on for longer say abt 7 days...not the normal flow though for the extra 2 days as always only discover it after sex i.e the flow might aswell be non-existant. Figured its an extension of my period coz i dnt get it any other time...just wanted to see if its something common before i ran to the doc. Cheers:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey everyone..
    just started taking the pill a few days ago and was wondering...
    yano the 7 day break for ur period? do you start back taking the pill on that 7th day or the following day? im a tad confused about that ...
    if anybody cud enlighten me that wud be brill thanks!!

You hav 7 pill free days and you take it the day after the 7 days. For example if you take your last pill on a Thurday then you have a 7 day break and start again the following Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lucyloo24

Hi you might only get ur period for a day or 2 comin to the end of ur 7 day free pill....

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

I'm starting Microlite soon, just wondering has anyone experienced weight gain? And has it helped skin problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As I've just said in another thread, every pill affects every woman differently. If you have concerns, go to your GP and discuss alternatives.

so confused. When i finish 21 day pack. do i wait for 7 day break and take pill on 8th day no matter when period starts or if it hasn't finished yet. i always start back on the 8th day?

microlite
    so confused. When i finish 21 day pack. do i wait for 7 day break and take pill on 8th day no matter when period starts or if it hasn't finished yet. i always start back on the 8th day?
    read the leaflet which came with your pill, if you haven't got one ask your pharmacist for one, or have a chat with your GP

I cannot fathom why some women take the pill when they have absolutely no idea how it works! I mean why not ask your GP these questions when he/she is prescribing it for you?!! Surely its the first thing you'd ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

dsandra wrote: »

Yes you take it even if the period isn't finished. I've basically done all the pills. I've been on Yasmin (made me miserable), Microlite (screwed up my skin bigtime), and then this other one beginning with an M that made me nauseous. Now I'm on dianette and its really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Microlite is quite simple. Take it for 21 days, take a break for 7 days. Start again. This is all outlined in the leaflet that comes with the pill.

When you've been taking it for a few months, your periods should fall into line with this pattern.

If you have any further questions, please get in touch with your GP or pharmacist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement