Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mono to play the Hub on November 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I haven't heard anything about it but I'll be there if it's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Loving November! Adding this to the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, really wish I'd be here for all the November gigs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

heh, I work there so I'll ask the promoter in there tomorrow (providing i remember)

Any more info on this? Like tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭u:mack

Mr Rivers wrote:
    Any more info on this? Like tickets?

it's on. 100%. more info and tix early next week at the latest

u:mack you do it again! Legends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Tickets are on sale now! :)

http://www.tickets.ie/searchresults.aspx?searchfor=u:mack

Probably in Road and city discs too

Got mine! Score!

Also that's a handy search page on tickets.ie there! Didn't know ya could search by promoter :)

They are also doing a show in Belfast on the 5th in a venue called the bunker?

http://www.age.fm/~sound/mono/e_f_tourdates.html

• Advertisement

Support from The Boneyard Witch

http://www.umack.com/mono041106.html

Anyone know anything of them live?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭u:mack

U:MACK present
    MONO (Japan)
    The Boneyard Witch
    SATURDAY 4 NOVEMBER
    THE HUB
    DOORS 8pm (early gig)
    TICKETS €16 from Road, City Discs, Sound Cellar and online at www.tickets.ie
    Listen to Mono at www.myspace.com/monojapanrock

FORTHCOMING U:MACK EVENTS
    10.17.06 sunno))). crawdaddy
    10.20.06 red sparowes. castle inn
    10.27.06 baroness + torche. crawdaddy
    11.04.06 mono. the hub (early show)
    11.04.06 LFO(live). temple bar music centre
    11.11.06 acid mother temple. crawdaddy
    12.06.06 bardo pond. whelans
    12.11.06 Dinosaur Jr. temple bar music centre
    12.12.06 propaghandi. temple bar music centre
    12.16.06 melvins & Big Business. the village

MONO
    Notorious for their incredible live performances, Japan's Mono make their Irish debut in the Hub on saturday november 4. Support on the night comes from new band Dublin The Boneyard Witch, featuring members of Oak and Serpants.

THIS CONCERT WILL END EARLY, TO FACILITATE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO SEE LFO IN THE MUSIC CENTRE. TICKETS FOR BOTH GIGS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR

Throughout their six-year career, MONO has ascended consistently in both popularity and critical acclaim, with record sales and live show attendance corresponding. But still elusive to the Japanese quartet has been the successful translation of their powerful and violently beautiful live performances to their recordings. Despite their albums' masterful subtleties and majestic walls of noise, the consensus has remained that their transcendent live show is simply incomparable.

If there is any chance of breaking that spell, it lies in You Are There, without a doubt the prime contender to unite the live and recorded worlds of MONO. Once again captured to tape by Steve Albini at his Electrical Audio studios in Chicago, IL, the album extends the cinematic drama of 2003's Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined (also recorded by Albini), while surpassing the sinister heaviness of 2002's lauded One Step More and You Die.

If Walking Cloud was a nuclear winter, then You Are There is the post-war rebirth; steeped in an ominous creation-via-destruction atmosphere not heard since Neurosis' landmark Enemy of the Sun defined the sound more than a decade ago.

You Are There disproves the myth that an increased focus on intricate song structures and string arrangements comes at the expense of youthful energy and inspired aggression. With You Are There, MONO's representation of tragedy comes with an inherent joy, delivered with the hope that in all dark there is equal parts light. They're not heavy like Black Sabbath - they're heavy like Beethoven.

Jeremy deVine /Temporary Residence Limited

Well that was a sexy gig! Definately upped them in the post-rock stakes, best post-rock band by far! Yearning was proboaly the highlight, it was amazing <3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I should have gone. KK Null was on tonight too. I was hoping the two gigs would be ****! :(

Wish I'd gone, but couldnt get anyone else to go. Had to make do with looking at a few live performances of them on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

I thought this was a dig at a monotone bono!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

amazing gig indeed much kudos to that guy up the front thinkin he was at tiesto :D

Advertisement