Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are you allowed tvs in your room at trinity hall?

Options
  • 24-08-2006 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

and is there any point to bring a tv and a games console etc? or do you get one in your living room?

Comments

Ha! You have your priorities right!

We had two tvs, three n64s and a couple playstations in my place.. seemed everyone turned up with the same stuff!! There are also consoles in the JCR, I don't know whats there i never used it.

To answer your question; you have to bring your own and they give you basic cable service in the 'living area'

You get Sky1, Sky News, Setanta Sports, MTV, RTE1, RTE2, BBC1, BBC2, UTV, Channel 4, E4 and Discovery. There might be a couple of more stations..

You can rent pretty big widescreens cheaply in Rathmines if the 6 of you all put in. A few people did that last year.

If you want tv in your own room, better bring an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

I might buy a TV tuner for the laptop rather than the expense of a TV.
    Maybe a roll of coax too, plug it in at the socket, drill a few holes through walls... Bit of duct tape. I'm sure maintenance wouldn't mind me drilling holes in the walls? :D

cianclarke wrote:
    drill a few holes through walls... Bit of duct tape. I'm sure maintenance wouldn't mind me drilling holes in the walls? :D

Not on your life!! Your not meant to even hang posters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

cianclarke wrote:
    I might buy a TV tuner for the laptop rather than the expense of a TV.
    Maybe a roll of coax too, plug it in at the socket, drill a few holes through walls... Bit of duct tape. I'm sure maintenance wouldn't mind me drilling holes in the walls? :D

You'd need a heavy dutty drill with a quater inch SDS bit. Good luck with that...

Oh. BTW, to help numb the shock

You can't open your windows more then a few inches in the modern flats..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

You're not even allowed into your room during the ball afaik! nevermind a tv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Are you drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

Yes, you are forced to sleep in the cutter on trinity ball night. FACT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Carnivore wrote:
    You'd need a heavy dutty drill with a quater inch SDS bit. Good luck with that...
    Yup, check.
    (Joking aside - are the walls not just plasterboard? Actual brick walls would be cool, I hate plasterboard. I've only seen the place from the outside and the photos...) -Edit, the interior walls of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Why not put a mini-fridge in your room too, and a little camping stove. And then you can live inside and never ever ever come out and be a hermit like Brian the crazy freak.

(Sorry, I still haven't gotten over what a sap my flatmate was. I just need time.)

Why bother with a TV? Break the habit! There's always something to do in Halls, it's a very slow night if you have to sit down to watch something on telly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement