Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yo! Is Services, pimp my' lap'up

Options
  • 30-07-2006 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Right so last year i was waiting ages to get my 'puter connected to the college network, could someone please direct me as to where exactly that application form appears on their site, so I can get to the top of the 'Q' and wont have to interact socially with people before I get it thaaaaannnnnkx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭HDX

should i do it now, or wait till I get to college,? will it be easier this year, although I got it done in 20 mins last year, guy said it was a record, there's a challenge there for someone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

they don't accept applications till some time around the start of michelmas term...

http://isservices.tcd.ie/network/apply.php

form is on there, but i'd say UG applications at the moment will just be ignored...

shocking...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

HDX wrote:
    shocking...

Not really, licking an electric eel is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

HDX wrote:
    although I got it done in 20 mins last year, guy said it was a record,

unless u got a new laptop you don't need to do it again

HDX wrote:
    should i do it now, or wait till I get to college,? will it be easier this year, although I got it done in 20 mins last year, guy said it was a record, there's a challenge there for someone now.
    not sure its much of a challange, mine lasted all of about 30seconds.
    "Hi your ip is"
    "I already have it, DHCP is great."
    "o, and.."
    "Yep fw config'd, minimum services"
    "uh i guess thats it"

it was a great conversation.

was wondering that, i guess to cut down on the number of those clinic things, its first year caused a massive backlog was lots of moaning about it in meetings..

fantastic news, bring the schampers.

You Must Do Though For Trintiy Hall Accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

not if you were in halls the previous year. you just fill out the form online and they'll enable your connection point. at least that's what they did for me on campus, i assume it's the same at halls.

Oh I'm delighted,

What a load of my mind,

It's like I just went for a huge dump...

if that was causing a load on your mind you must really have a stress free life...

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i did it again last week cos i got a new laptop. takes about 20 mins. basically you install the college AntiVirus, add new users, add domains, restart a couple of times. disable shares, and your away.

although i had to restore my laptop to factory configuration, so i shall be attending for a third time.

They do hold clinics in the summer, just not very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Went into friendly ISS man today. Told I bought a laptop off a TCD student and that it was set up for the network, and asked him what I had to do to use it myself.

He played with it for a little while and concluded that the chap I bought it off never registered it and was circumventing the network :D. Fair play to him, I say. He hushed up how he did it and told me to go to a clinic and that I have to delete user accounts.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

HDX is SOOOOO blatantly Sandals reincarnated.

what?

Advertisement