Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broadband in Donegal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Glenman wrote: »
    New 3 mobile mast just switched on in Edeninfagh near Glenties providing the community of the Glen of Glenties with mobile phone and broadband coverage for the first time ever. However, the mast is built within 300metres of the local primary school. Does this pose any treat to the pupils health?
    To put it simply, no. Unless the noise or sight of it sends them mad.

Its just scaremongering by protesters to say that it can effect your health.
    Its no more dangerous than any other mast in the country, tv, radio, phones etc.
    There simply is no proof of them causing any ill health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

kiddums wrote: »
    I just ordered with SMART. 40e a month for line rental, 10MB connection, 170GB download limit, free setup and modem. Seems to be the best price.

I can't speak for the broadband without a line as I can't use it for work. Plenty of people seem to use the 3 mobile tho.

Rang them earlier, they said it would just be 40e and they'd install a phone line for nothing. That's what I'll be going with for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

If you dont want a phone line you could go for Digiweb Metro Link. Its fixed wireless and is suppose to be decent, much better than them mobile sticks anyway. Digiweb now own smart. Only thing to be wary with smart is that if you go over the 170 GB limit they throttle your connection which makes is useless until you drop below the limit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

I get broadband from Irish Broadband which is now Imagine with a wee squareial on the roof , basically if you can see mongorry hill outside raphoe then your in!! €35 per month all in no hassle and the best service crews i've ever seen ,the frost wrecked my line into the house over christmas but they were still here on the 3rd of january, they wont even stop for tea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

iMuse wrote: »
    If you dont want a phone line you could go for Digiweb Metro Link. Its fixed wireless and is suppose to be decent, much better than them mobile sticks anyway. Digiweb now own smart. Only thing to be wary with smart is that if you go over the 170 GB limit they throttle your connection which makes is useless until you drop below the limit again.

Does anyone in Letterkenny have this and is it reliable? I have the 3 dongle and it is hopeless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

dinorebel wrote: »
    I have the 3 dongle and it is hopeless.

My sister had a 3 dongle and it was useless couldn't even play youtube videos with it. Somebody from 3 phoned her last summer to see how she was getting on and when she told them they told her there was a better one available which she got from them and she finds it much better than the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 djklauss

Hi to all!
    I need a broadband connection in Letterkenny, Dooballagh
    This are the coordinates :54.906638,-7.707248
    This is the kml file for Google maps:
    HILLTOP HOUSE LOCATION.zip

This is a site survey from my house to Strabane
    House - Strabane.jpg
    I put Strabane coordinates on upper point but I don't know that exactly.

Can you tell me the nearest tower for me from Imagine or NWE Wireless Networks or any kind of wimax providers??

I need some coordinates to make a site survey if it's working.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Walshclan

Befrore yoy take Wimax, search these forumsa and make a wise decision!
    My Internet and phone just stopped working at 09h00 today (Saturday). I have connectivity issues every time there is bad or cold weather! I phoned Technical Support. "Sorry, our technical support offices are only open Monday to Friday". WHAT THE **** DO I DO WITHOUT CONNECTIVITY THE WHOLE WEEKEND? NO PHONE, NO INTERNET, a son who is at college with lots to do this weekend and unable to connect to his courseware. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET RID OF THIS BUNCH OF WASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement