Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians Wanted For Atheist Punk Rock Band

Options
  • 04-06-2006 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

i'm a 20 year old bassist living in dublin, i've been playing for approx 3 years in total, although i started 4 years ago, i took a break from playing.
    my influences are VERY wide, ranging from jazz, to punk rock, metal, and some electro, and other odd stuff.
    i'm looking for other musicians to play with and write original songs for an atheist punk rock band. similar to bad religion but not exactly the same and NOT a cover band. so basically a fast paced punk rock band with atheist and political lyrics.
    looking for singer, 2 guitarists, and a drummer. :D
    currently based on the north side of dublin but possibly moving around soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

I'd be more than happy to play guitar in such a band. I like your wide range of influences, I'm sort of the same myself. Been playing for about 6 or 7 years I can't even bloody remember. I've been badly out of practice these last couple of years after moving to dublin and I was gonna start playing bass and try and start a band but if you're in the market for a guitar player count me in. I'm also 20 and living in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

perfect :)

i'll pm ya my number and we can sort something out.:cool:

ok, looking for drummer now at the moment. more musicians wanted later. but not yet :)

bump for a drummer!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Atheist punk rock?

• Advertisement

yep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I always get atheist and agnostic mixed up, but are you guys gonna be writing preachey lyrics about the lack of a god? Now, personally I don't believe in an interventionist god (let's see who gets THAT lyric), but surely preaching about it is a bit suspect? I mean, let what rolls roll maaan.
    I suppose if ye do it in a clever manner it might be ok, but just don't try to go down an anti-christian rock route, cause that could just sound unbelievably cheesy. Also, avoid the depressing people bit. I mean, it's easy to say "There is no god, ye're all ****ed, life is a waste", but it takes a bit of style to throw some Darwinian magic in the mix. If ya get me. Rock on. :) I can't remember what you're looking for, but I take it ye don't need a singer, otherwise I would have replied with a curious "innnnnnteresting" type message an age ago. G'luck.

no, it wont be a christian bashing group, but lyrics may have an underlying atheist theme. which is why i listed it in the ad. i dont think people who believe strongly in their religion (whatever that may be) would be suited to the band.

yeah we need a singer, but not quite yet.

we still need a frickin DRUMMER! LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Pity:D ...

I'm a punk/Hardcore Vocalist but I do believe in God. Anyway, Bad Religion are a wee bit light for my taste.

Good luck with it though.

Baggio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 clearlyabeastst

would u be lookin for a singer???

• Advertisement

I think they are mate... If you don't believe in God - yer sorted!:D

yeah we are, i was just tryin to get the core musicians so i could have a jam before i get a singer. but what the hey! pm me with your details, influences etc. :)

Baggio... wrote:
    I think they are mate... If you don't believe in God - yer sorted!:D

\OT what happened to the

Ciao Amigos.....

Baggio

You getting old in your old age :p ?

eh?...:confused:

Papa,

I see whats happened here. There appears to be more than one Baggio.
    The second one you quoted is "Baggio", - but I'm "Baggio..."(with 3 dots):D

G'luck,

B.

would u be lookin for a singer???
    Having read the thread you started I dunno if you'd be exactly the right type of singer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 waitingforblogo

21 yr old male, I play guitar, interested in trying out for your band

e-mail me on Smithishephemera@yahoo.com for further details,

I may be what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

I'm nearly 17, male, play guitar if you're still lokking. but im not sure what it is that you want to play....into most metal/rock. n i am an atheist if that makes a difference

Right, that's another 2 guitarists. I guess I'll be learning the drums.

cool, thanks for helpin out sean, i was away for a day or so there. :)

i dont think you'll have to learn the drums lol :D i'll sort out some advertisements around the city in the next few days for a drummer. :)

waitingforblogo: i'll send you an email right away.

BOF666: pm me your influences etc. are you still in school or are you finished? :confused:

edit: Sean7, i'll give you a call or text when i get the drummer situation sorted. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's cool. I am moving flat so I've got nowhere to put my gear at the minute anyway.

yeah i'm moving jobs next week and moving next month so i know how ya feel..lol:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

K, i sent you some of my influences. Let me know what you think anyway if you get a chance. Are you modelling the band after any other band?

BBBBB....Bump! :D

Not trying to take over this thread but I assume a drummer and singer are all that is now required. As the OP is a bassist and 3 guitarists have applied.

So for those just tuning in:
    Needed, 1 x Drummer and 1 x Singer for punk band, I believe it helps to like Bad Religion and orange skittles.

orange skittles? :rolleyes:

lol

ok so currently we have two guitarists lined up.
    one thing i wanna say is i'm pretty much looking for people who are 18+, and finished school. college is fine :)

so yeah,
    1x bassist
    2x guitarists
    currently....

we NEED a SINGER & DRUMMER! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

i replyed on another thread, but PM me the details. Im a drummer, 26, looking to do hardcore, hard rock and punk along the suicidal/refused genre...

i replyed on another thread, but PM me the details. Im a drummer, 26, looking to do hardcore, hard rock and punk along the suicidal/refused genre...
    Thanks for the reply, Joe Robot is your man for a jam time but but I think a jam time is also effected by when I can get my gear to dublin. Also as I said I think we could definately do rock along with the more BR sttyle punk. PLus I love getting to beat the **** out of my guitar once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Well, keep me posted. Im deadly serious and available right now

• Advertisement

hey cool.

yep, i think we'll be ready to jam soon.

btw sean, you wont need an amp up here to jam, we'll go to a rehearsal studio they have amps there :)
    you'll just need your geetar and any leads etc.

my name is mud: i just read the other thread, i guess we arent gonna be exactly sticking to what i said in the original thread. its pretty much "bring what you have" with regards to influences. but yeah it will be fast!:D
    i'll try get some info on the rehearsal studios here in dublin. i'm just finishing up my last week in my current job, so i'm kinda all over the place this week...lol :(
    pm me if youre interested, and send your number :)

Advertisement