Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broad Curriculm Film (split from clique thread)

Options
  • 30-05-2006 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hey Neil, you did Film studies for Broad Curriculum right? Is it any good? lots of work or not much? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Great fun. the essays are hard but its a class course. and Barnaby = best lecturer ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

cool, it looks like I'll be doing it so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Me 2.

We can be Film Study Buddys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

&#231 wrote: »
    Great fun. the essays are hard but its a class course. and Barnaby = best lecturer ever.

Friggin great course, Id recommend it to anybody but especially if you have an interest in film. Made me regret not doing film studies in college:( And barnaby is a legend, sound guy. Did you do it this year crash?

BrenC wrote:
    lots of work or not much? :)

Thats the other great thing about it no exams. and the two 2500 word essays arent really that much of a bother if your interested (I did one after an exam the day before the deadline thanks to schols. Keep that in mind if your doing schols. you wont get an extension and it was due bang in the middle of exams so do it early.)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm really basing my choice of Broad Curriculum based on how little work you have to do in order to pass....

Yeah i did it this year - you too? which essays did you do? ended up doing nosferatu and night of the living dead myself - am a bit of a horror buff so right up my alley :)

yeah it really made me wish i'd done film studies to be honest - though I did have that down on my CAO iirc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ended up doing nosferatu and night of the living dead myself - am a bit of a horror buff so right up my alley :)

Nice! Nosferatu ftw!

That film used to freak the hell out of my mum when she was a child...

I was happier with my night of the living dead essay than my nosferatu one actually - though still got a high 2.1 in nosferatu. no idea what i got in living dead, but I think it may be the only subject I get a first in this year :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I applied for the course. I was looking forward to it before, but after your words of praise i'm particularly excited.

Yeah i did it this year - you too? which essays did you do? ended up doing nosferatu and night of the living dead myself - am a bit of a horror buff so right up my alley :)

yeah it really made me wish i'd done film studies to be honest - though I did have that down on my CAO iirc...

Yeah I did it this year. I did rebel without a cause and Night of the living dead. I wanted to do Nosferatu but wasnt crazy on the question. Fair play on the first in NOLD I thought that was a bloody hard essay, cause everything that can be said about the film has already been said. I ended up with 2500 words of the most unoriginal crap I ever came across "NOLD deals with racism" No **** sherlock:D Still got a decent mark though:p Loved the lecture on HG Lewis and exploitation cinema and the one on asian horror. Also thought Unrellas of cherbourg rocked. If you would've asked me would I like a french musical romance film before I saw it I would say no way but I thought it was great.

Were the NOLD essays given back? the first is just assumed - i felt it was a much better essay than Nosferatu so i'm hoping for it. Shag, mine is probably still sitting down in the cabinet :)

I loved "went the day well?" personally - best propaganda ever :)

Bah - just went down to the theatre and found my essay - only 60%! not happy with that at all - it was much better researched and much better written than my Nosferatu essay, which I considered the worst essay i'd ever written! (mainly cus i changed my mind from rebel to nosferatu at the last minute :P) - goddamnit. there goes my chance at a first in that. :(

though its worrying that I consistently get lower marks in my actual course than in this :P

Bah - just went down to the theatre and found my essay - only 60%! not happy with that at all - it was much better researched and much better written than my Nosferatu essay, which I considered the worst essay i'd ever written! (mainly cus i changed my mind from rebel to nosferatu at the last minute :P) - goddamnit. there goes my chance at a first in that. :(

though its worrying that I consistently get lower marks in my actual course than in this :P

The essays were down there ages I think. I was getting worried because I heard nothing so I emailed him and he said they were down there. It would have been nice if he told us:p Anyway I have come to the conclusion that you just cant speculate on college essays/exmas. I dont know how many times I thought I failed and came out with a 2.1 and times I thought a definate first and came out with 2.2:mad:

I have a feeling as weel that he marked the second essay a little harder than the first.

Aye i'd assumed as much - at the same time they really don't expect a high level from Broad Curriculum essays methinks - I don't wanna even think about how those essays would do at a higher level :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I *heart* BC for it's easy marks. Too bad they don't count towards my degree.

Advertisement