Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[SBP]Broadband market set for shake-up

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hmm that looks about right but I reckon you could be bigger red dots by the time this hits the shops..
    twill be bigger but still only the difference between 8% geographic coverage now and 10% geographic coverage later this year ....mindya thats better than the other 3g carriers I must say .
    I have no idea about the finer details of the product but I heard O2 are planning on offering a broadband service over their 3G network sometime in the future also.
    They have launched a 3g data card like vodas , up to 384kbits . They charge you €129 with no CAP per month ... at 384k max .
    Not exactly a revelation I know but sure... I have no idea what their (o2) 3G coverage is like but maybe Sponge might have an idea..
    Its Crap , they have no 3g voice service really and Comreg will not make them launch one. They do have a 3g data service but its very limited, far more so than Vodas which is probably why O2 DARE not publish their 'coverage' map in case people laughed at them .

They are currently obsessing about iMode :( . o2 have launched HSDPA in the Isle of man but I never heard anything since and they obviously did it as a spoiler not a service ....1st in UK etc . They were considering a generous cap of 1Gb a month when they did launch HSDPA here..this year allegedly

3 are possibly even worse....save maybe in the inner pale. Equally risible data prices.

Voda are currently the best of a thoroughly bad lot when it comes to getting mobile data services .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Sponge Bob wrote:
    They have launched a 3g data card like vodas , up to 384kbits . They charge you €129 with no CAP per month ... at 384k max .

That there has a 1.5GB cap per month according to the end of the page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cgarvey wrote:
    That there has a 1.5GB cap per month according to the end of the page.

fckin endless long pages of T&Cs :(

God bless your patience CG, with HSPDA they will probably consider 5Gb to be a 'generous' cap

Advertisement