Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone live in Inse Bay Laytown?

Options
  • 12-04-2006 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

Have just called Meath County Council there, Woodgreen builders have been granted planning permission for all of the infill housing in Inse Bay, 50 houses all on the designated Green Areas !!! Absolutely ridiculous!!! More back handers! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

magsiec wrote:
    Hi all,

Have just called Meath County Council there, Woodgreen builders have been granted planning permission for all of the infill housing in Inse Bay, 50 houses all on the designated Green Areas !!! Absolutely ridiculous!!! More back handers! :mad:

That is a disgraceful decision and one I would not take sitting down. While I don't live there I've a friend who does and he'll be fuming. One of the factors in buying a house is the amount of safe green space availible. I'd start by contacting Dominic Hannigan, Cllr for Labour. He has a background in planning matters and would be interested in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 magsiec

We got a notification in from Dominic Hannigan yesterday in relation to this. Woodgreen applied for 56 houses and were granted 50 houses, people have paid premiums to live in end houses which are now been built beside. It will literally turn the place back into a building site!. I have only moved into the area 6 months ago and called to see if there were any more plans for building and was told there were none. Amendments to the plans literally went in 2 weeks ago and this has now being granted.

Of course no correspondence can be entered into and the only route is an objection to An Bord Pleanala, (which costs Eur 50.00). !!! :mad:

magsiec wrote:
    We got a notification in from Dominic Hannigan yesterday in relation to this. Woodgreen applied for 56 houses and were granted 50 houses, people have paid premiums to live in end houses which are now been built beside. It will literally turn the place back into a building site!. I have only moved into the area 6 months ago and called to see if there were any more plans for building and was told there were none. Amendments to the plans literally went in 2 weeks ago and this has now being granted.

Of course no correspondence can be entered into and the only route is an objection to An Bord Pleanala, (which costs Eur 50.00). !!! :mad:

Well you need to get organised to fight this quickly. I asume that this objection will be taken through your residents association. This has an impact for all housing estates with green area's so I'd be hitting this on two fronts, An Bord Pleanala (Good luck! :mad: ) and also the media (local papers, radio etc.) Also the effects to the local community with more housing brings another strain on schools etc. I can't see much support for the builders but I'd say your going to have a hard fight on your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

magsiec wrote:

No, it's €210.

Old post I know but the "Landmark" decision on this was meant to be out today. Anyone know the outcome and please tell me that the application was rejected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Chipboard wrote:
    No, it's €210.

Really????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snuts

No mention of the outcome on the Pleanala website - some cloak and dagger bull**** about a decision made on the 2nd, but no details being released until today - but according to Thomas Byrne's blog at http://thomasbyrne.blogspot.com, Woodgreen got their way.

Once more, avarice and gross incompetence wins out. Though this shouldn't come as any great surprise to anyone familiar with the idiots who make the decisions.

If that's true and it looks the case, its an absolute disgrace. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snuts

A disgrace, but sadly one that was virtually predictable, given the state of "planning" in the Laytown area.

You can add up all the ****ty little grass verges you want in order to meet the minimum required % green space; the fact remains that these bastards are now allowed to take away the only real spaces that kids are currently playing on in the estate. Any moron with two brain cells to rub together could have seen this.

"Landmark case"? "Routinely trod upon and stepped over as the doors are opened for greedy developers everywhere" is more like it.

Thanks, Meath County Council and An Bord Pleanala. You've outdone yourselves with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rosem

Well they went ahead and built the houses as we all knew would happen - :( The property bubble burst and now they cannot sell them !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

Rosem wrote: »
    Well they went ahead and built the houses as we all knew would happen - :( The property bubble burst and now they cannot sell them !

Are some of these properties now going into hands of NAMA?

Advertisement