Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

onepercentpledge.com is up and running.....

Options
  • 11-04-2006 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

Please go to www.onepercentpledge.com and sign up and tell us what you think. Over the next week or so I will be distributing envelopes to the following for you to donate....

The Fitz
    Green Joker Poker
    PokerEvents
    The Irish Open

A big thank you to a certain 'unnamed' boardster for working on the website. I could not have done this without his help. Also, another boardster for the printing work and thanks to all you boardsters for your help......now start winning!

Stay tuned for some nice prize draws for members and some online games to qualify for the ICHUC GB v Ireland game (see news section).

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Good work Dave,I no how much work you put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Congrats BigD nice site.

I'm sure it will be an exceptional success.

P.S. If the anonymous boardster wants to remain anonymous then he/she should change the address from where the activation code is sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

fair play to dave... i'll have a word with shoutman etc and see if there is something we can do in college, i.e. couple of euro per game from next year on or something... best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

shoutman wrote:
    Congrats BigD nice site.

I'm sure it will be an exceptional success.

P.S. If the anonymous boardster wants to remain anonymous then he/she should change the address from where the activation code is sent.

Double Dutch to me mate ;) but I'll tell him.

Thanks for that lads. DIT....any funds welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I got 40euro for you Dave, read my luckbox report in the other thread.

• Advertisement

I think a Netteller account would be a better option than a PayPal,or better still both.

Dub13 wrote:
    I think a Netteller account would be a better option than a PayPal,or better still both.

Yeah Paul, we are looking into that. However, we have a few 'admin' issues we need to resolve before we can do all that. Thanks.

BigDragon wrote:
    Yeah Paul, we are looking into that. However, we have a few 'admin' issues we need to resolve before we can do all that. Thanks.

You are sounding more like Tom every day....:D,you better pray to god you don't end up looking like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I hope you'll be getting some big donations after Easter.

Nice one Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Fair play to u Dave on following through on what is a excellent idea. I'm delighted to support you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well done Dave! Looks very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Well done Dave,

I've got 11 euro to contribute (lifetime poker winnings :mad: ).

Now if you were collecting on golf, soccer, and the GGs ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm sure to donate around 30 quid this Friday when I win the scalps......

wp Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

Great work to all!
    I've got a few quid to give you aswell.
    Paypal is very handy. Or poker events or the Fitz either.
    Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Dave,

Well Done, brilliant stuff.

I think you could do with a paragraph/page telling people how they can donate and the steps involved from signing up as a player to the donation procedure at the Fitz etc....An adjacent flow diagram would be great as well.
    (it will stop loads of repetitive questions, as people rarely go to FAQ's).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Yep - I have an amount to donate (maybe once a quarter suits me!) but not sure of the best way...I can cut a cheque, leave it in cash at the Fitz, transfer to bank account, etc...

Actually the bank transfer would probably suit a hell of a lot of people and most charities have this option.

Thanks for the comments lads. All the suggestions are in the works and we'll be sorting those out soon. The online/bank transfer things will take a bit of time but we are looking at it.

Cheers again.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

Dub13 wrote:

Yeah good idea, would rather donate via this.

Fairplay for such a worthy concept....bualadh bos for all involved

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

BigDragon wrote:
    Double Dutch to me mate ;) but I'll tell him.

I think he is referring to the email address that sends out the activation code. Bit of a giveaway really......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Very good, the site looks well. As Shoutman sent, you might wanna get your 'anonymous boardster' to change the address the activation code is sent from...

Also, I'm not crazy on the idea of everyone being able to view other people's donations... I want to donate to the charity, but I don't want to feel pressurised into donating to keep up with everyone else.

Just a minor point, keep up the good work Dave :)

• Advertisement

roryc wrote:
    Also, I'm not crazy on the idea of everyone being able to view other people's donations... I want to donate to the charity, but I don't want to feel pressurised into donating to keep up with everyone else.

Thats the idea behind having a nickname on the donators list. You can sign up again with an anonymous nick and then add that nickname on the donation envelopes. You dont have to use your boards nickname. Its the only way we could see of putting peoples donations on the list so we can attract sponsors through numbers etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

great idea.

You could probably get sponsership from paddy power and boyle sports(online) etc have a tournie and let them give the rake or a percentage to the charity or something... or have a charity night in the Fitz

Atlas_IRL wrote:
    great idea.

You could probably get sponsership from paddy power and boyle sports(online) etc have a tournie and let them give the rake or a percentage to the charity or something... or have a charity night in the Fitz
    Thanks but....waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy ahead of yu :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

how do you get that purple bar in the signature bit to have the one percent pledge thingy!?

ditpoker wrote:
    how do you get that purple bar in the signature bit to have the one percent pledge thingy!?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054916446

Advertisement