Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prospect Hill development on Finglas Road

Options
  • 08-04-2006 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about the area this development is located in?

http://www.prospecthill.ie/

Is the area reasonably safe?

Would there be a lot of noise from traffic on the Finglas Road?

Finglas Road appears to be a Quality Bus Corridor, so at least getting into town by bus should be easy enough?

Any other thoughts or opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭TapouT

Yes its a safe area. Your well away from the corpo area's of Finglas south. And unless your facing right out onto the N2 you shouldn't experience any noise. If you can buy on of the appartments looking into the complex, its turning out really nice now. You'll also have the option of buying underground car parking, and yes your right about the QBC too. Getting into town from there is a doddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah im keeping a close eye on this too.

anyone know when they'll be released OR how much OR anyhting!!!

i know parking is another cost onto the apartment not included in the asking price.

T&#225 wrote: »
    yeah im keeping a close eye on this too.

anyone know when they'll be released OR how much OR anyhting!!!

i know parking is another cost onto the apartment not included in the asking price.

They're well released, I'm moved in almost three weeks now.

no, there is another phase yet to be released.

do you like it there? is it built well. I'm currently renting in charlestown up the north road and although the house is fine, i don't think much of the building itself. when the next door neighbours run up their stairs its like there in our house.

how much was yours? how much extra is it for a car space?

questions questions!!!

no, there is another phase yet to be released.

do you like it there? is it built well. I'm currently renting in charlestown up the north road and although the house is fine, i don't think much of the building itself. when the next door neighbours run up their stairs its like there in our house.

how much was yours? how much extra is it for a car space?

questions questions!!!

€10k for underground parking so far as I remember. And IMO they're very well made and we've encountered now problems so far. Any small hitches were quickly dealt with by the builders, and honestly they were small and non-structoral.

I think its going to be nice, but only time will tell.

• Advertisement

10k for a car space! jesus that worth more then the car itself.

where can visitors park? is there a public car park?

10k for a car space! jesus that worth more then the car itself.

where can visitors park? is there a public car park?

No, there's no visitors parking. You can park in the Armore Hotels car park and walk down to the apts, its right beside it.

The Ardmore, now there's another story. The bar is a public bar, staffed by locals and a few foreign nationals. The few times I've visited the bar its been staffed by scangers, both on the door and the bar!.

But the pint if cheap.

cheap pints in a hotel? thats a first. yeah the pub being built up beside me in city side, they couldn't GIVE away the place. its being built now finally but i also expect the scang element to frequent it.

you see, most are barred from every pub in the village. so when a new haunt opens up they have a roof over their pints!

i don't like the sound of the car parking in the hotel. i dont like the sound of that at all. not for safety reasons, just if I get an apartment at the back, away from the main road, it will be a long walk for visitors and relations. and my relations arn't getting any younger!

cheap pints in a hotel? thats a first. yeah the pub being built up beside me in city side, they couldn't GIVE away the place. its being built now finally but i also expect the scang element to frequent it.

you see, most are barred from every pub in the village. so when a new haunt opens up they have a roof over their pints!

i don't like the sound of the car parking in the hotel. i dont like the sound of that at all. not for safety reasons, just if I get an apartment at the back, away from the main road, it will be a long walk for visitors and relations. and my relations arn't getting any younger!

Yea parking for visitors is a pain in the arse for visitors. I think I paid €3:70 for a pint of Guinness. I was alittle disappointed in the hotel bar to be honest. And I think I know where your talking about out by you too, The Hilton?.

no i'm renting up beside lidl and aldi on the north road in Charlestown. right beside lanesborough.

the feckin area is urban sprawl on show!!!

• Advertisement

refreshing the topic:

can anyone let me know more about the parking situation? is parking in the hotel a short term solution or is there plans for better parking Facilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

I've passed by there a lot ,I would have thought they'd provide parking for visitors where the builders currently park .
    I wouldn't say the hotel car park would last long when the project is complete.

just a thought.

The hotel car park is pretty small.

i'm gonna ring hooke + mc donald estate agents today. i'll report back...

from hooke and mc donald:

a car parking space is 10K extra onto the apartment. this parking is underground. visitor parking will be provided when the building work is finished. when the building work is finished, the developement will be run by a management company. if you choose not to buy a car space, and continue to park in the visitor car park, then the management company will be within their right to clamp your car.

1 bed is €260k
    2 bed is €330k +

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tazdustdevil

Hey I was up at prospect hill yesterday and I reserved a 1 bed apt- it was the last one when i arrived so I decided it was fate!!!! Block 3. The new phase only had 2/3 2 bed apts left when I was there yesterday at 2pm. Apparently people were q'ing from 5am Wed morning.

Just wondered if anyone living in the middle blocks finds them dark? Also does anyone know how much the property management fee is?- in my excitement I forgot to ask.

Not going to be finished till December (and possibly later if delays) though so the wait will be really hard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ddirl

Hi there,

I managed to reserve a 2 bed duplex on thursday morning. Got there at 8 am and there were maybe 8-10 groups ahead of me. Overall very pleased, I like the dual aspect idea.

in reply to your question, they told me the management fee would be €1,100. Not sure if it is any different for a 1 bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Just a note on management fees. As when you buy the place everything is covered by warranties running costs are low. THe next year the warranties and service agreements expire meaning charges go up massively the second year and adding into the sinking fund happens. It's a general note

i opted against this development. nice, but a bit pricey for a two bed when you add an xtra €10k as you have to buy a car space, if you have a car.

thats €340,000

Thanks for replies!!! 1100 is about standard but heres hoping they dont double it in 2 years and send us all under. Tack, I agree totally but I was really sick of the dilemmas and the househunting since last summer. Prices for 1 beds seem to have gone up 40K since Jan 2006. Good luck with your search. 'The shoe will come through' in the end hopefully!!!

I have never bought a new apt before. Owned (and finally sold after 8 months) one non-comparatively priced 2 bed property in Scotland- prices certainly havent risen at same rate at home. It is daunting but exciting!!! Massive mortgage to boot though so heres hoping prices dont get any higher for everyone's sake in the short term future. I have been looking for a good few months and have seen nothing like the value except the Tramyard (282k last I heard) and one place in Nth Brunswick st but neither are new. Iwas being asked to top 260k for Santry Cross and 270K for a very small old 1 bed without parking in Francis st only last week. So overall, having slowly adjusted to this madness over the last 6 months, Im very happy, but i will need to live on bread and water between now and December!!! and possibly for the next few years but I'd rather that than pay someone elses mortgage!!!!All prospect hill residents /buyers should keep each other updated over next few months! Heres hoping there are not too many delays with the building!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lisafitz

Does anybody know of they have gone up in value since the launching of the second phase???????

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Considering how fast they sold out it wouldn't surprise me if they'll go up again. I (well, we) bought in the first phase in March '05 and the price of a 2 bed + parking space was 285k, that's a pretty big difference from what they're going for now.

Hi there,
    just to let everyone know that a new website has been set up as a forum for current and future residents and people who might be interested in the prospect hill development within neighbours.ie. Here is the link:

http://www.neighbours.ie/prospecthill/

Please join and post relevant issues so that it will start getting picked up by search engines and will attract more residents/ future residents as its a great idea! :D

Advertisement