Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X17 - "Lockdown" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
  • 29-03-2006 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "LOCKDOWN" -

Episode Title: "Lockdown"
    Airdate: March 29nd 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

When the hatch suddenly takes on a life of its own, Locke is forced to enlist the help of an unlikely ally to control the matter. Meanwhile, Ana Lucia, Sayid and Charlie go off into the jungle to find out the truth about Henry Gale and see if there really is balloon craft out there in the jungle that carried him and his wife to the island.

Next New Episode: 2X18 - "Dave" - April 5th 2006

What did you think of "Lockdown"? 142 votes

0%
    35%
    mewsoDont be at yourselfkaimeraMr EAquos76Washoutyawnstretch[Deleted User]Standard ToasterKur4mACactus ColTheStrandRoadssprinkleswesWaltonsVoodoo2hardCopyStephen PBasqbesty 51 votes
    46%
    satchmoSlaaneshnothingpopinfreshAnimaAsokDSElNinoGoodshapelynchieBeruthielSilent AssasinRobertFosters10LFCFansnickerpussAltheusFighting IrishPullMyFinger!fjon 66 votes
    13%
    D-GeneratePiESte.phen[Deleted User]digimanChevano RileyPeacemonkeyfudgeStimpyoneBernsel rabitosRoenbardcomGrumPyTakeshi_KovacsJulesiecowardSpartanninja[Deleted User] 19 votes
    1%
    MythagoIvan 2 votes
    0%
    Gegerty 1 vote
    2%
    chumpFranky BoyKevIRL 3 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ooooooohhhhhhhh.. i'm looking forward to this one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Its going to be Lockalicious with a sprinkling of Hanry Gale as seasoning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

What, is this show still going? Wow, I'd completely forgotten about the whole affair...
    [/bitter irony]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Ivan wrote:
    What, is this show still going? Wow, I'd completely forgotten about the whole affair...
    [/bitter irony]
    :rolleyes: not another "lost is ****" post

cannot wait for this ep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

looks to be the best so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

obl wrote:
    looks to be the best so far

So have a number of episodes in the past, I just hope we get a bit of juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

What time is it over at GMT?

Arrrrgggghhhhhh... damn my curiosity!

Just read a massive god-darn spoiler about the episode but won't spoil for ye here! :mad:

Enjoy the episode - sounds like it was every bit as good as it promised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Im seriously tempted to go to the american sites and read a blow by blow account right now. The preview was just too damn good icon_frustrated.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

8/10 for me, strong epiosde I thought, I just watched the previews after I watched the epiosode and it looked fantastic, but to be honest I couldn't say that episode lived up to the previews, which is exactly why I don't watch them before the episode.
    But it still was a good episode, Locke's backstory was pretty good as well. I had almost believed Henry Gale there for a while, but a nice twist to the epiosde at the end. Some great poker play by Jack as well and loved the line "When I wan the guns I will get them".
    Its great to have another episode again next week, but definitely won't be watching the previews!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

9/10

Excellent, whats with the neon lights and question marks on the walls :?
    Really felt sorry for Locke, torn between his dodgy father and girlfriend.
    Jack 1 : 0 Sawyer
    Sawyer knowing where phuket is :D
    "Didn't think i'd know where phuket is, did ya"
    Henry Gale turning out to be a black dude.
    Great way to finish the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

9/10 for me. So much going on this week. Locke's anger with Gale at the start, and another good backstory with a few flips (I was sure the 'bad guys' were going to turn up in the flashback and beat him up, resulting in his incapacitation). The stuff with the lockdown wasn't as good as expected, apart from the revelations on the wall. What the hell was that about? I'm sure someone learned will tell us more soon. And the Henry Gale ending and the parachute with the supplies - great stuff, and nice not to be in on it til Gale heard it. What will he be saying now? And why did he not bolt when he had the chance when Locke was pinned down?

Great episode, and hope this momentum can be sustained to the end of the series.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think the drawing on the wall was a relationship diagram between the different stations - of which they are in one - and an unknown area. The map seems to show the location of the HQ or something - probably where Zeke etc told them not to go and where Michael etc are.

Gale was probably hoping to be believed so he could monitor the survivors - I think this may give them the upper hand now.

I think the ramping up of the army will start in ernest.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

well Jack did say "When i need the guns, I'll get them", to remind us all there they have guns!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

Brilliant episode. One of the best in this series by far. The twist in the end was deadly. Lockes back stories are always the best.

Anyone else think that Henry was there to get the supply crate for the others. Looks like the picture on the door was the map to the drop off.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/gumpy500/snapshot_j_2006329_.jpg

Any one else got ne ideas?

Roll on next weeks ;)

Edit: http://hypno.griffithweb.com/template_images2/lost_dharma_decoded-751672.jpg

Just found that there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Excellent, 8/10.

Henry Gale was a suprise. The lockdown was very well done. The thing on the door looks like a dipition rather than a map. And whoever drew it didn't know what was in the centre of it all.

wtf is the supply drop all about.

I say put sayid back in the room with Henry Gale, everyone breaks eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

9/10

Seriously great episode, alot of new stuff.
    I wonder if Henry is ready to start telling the truth now. The supply drop, very interesting, the map.

Its really building up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

brilliant episode,

so, if 'henry' is one of them, i wonder what he REALLY did in the control room?
    Any idea what those CV places are in the pic of the map? it says one of them is inactive since an accident...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bloody brilliant.

Making my way thru s01 atm myself but have been uptodate with s02 since coming home from the states.

By far one of the best ep in s02.

Wasn't overly interested in Lockes backstory in this ep but it didn't detract from what else was going on.

Very interesting map.
    Any ideas who Magnus Hanso is?

The Cerberus activity seems to scattered around quite a bit.
    I did a quick google and found this -
    In Greek mythology, the three-headed watchdog who guards the entrance to the lower world, the Hades. It is a child of the giant Typhon and Echidna, a monstrous creature herself, being half woman and half snake.

Originally, the dog was portrayed having fifty or hundred heads but was later pictured with only three heads (and sometimes with the tail of a serpent). Cerberus permitted new spirits to enter the realm of dead, but allowed none of them to leave. Only a few ever managed to sneak past the creature, among which Orpheus, who lulled it to sleep by playing his lyre, and Heracles, who brought it to the land of the living for a while (being the last of his Twelve Labors).

In Roman mythology, the Trojan prince Aeneas and Psyche were able to pacify it with honey cake

Is Cerberus the name of the smoke monster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Where did you get that?

Great episode anyway. Loved the twist at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Good episode, but Locke's eps are always great. Pity though, i thought we might have seen how Locke lost the use of his legs before arriving (maybe the goons got to him?). Also that picture/map looks very interesting indeed. Check out the tailsection.com to see a decoded pic of it with all the writing legible

It looks like all the dharma stations are interconnected, as the cutoff parts of the stations depicted on the map all look like they lead towards the unknown central hub. Possibly it is a path to this central location that lies behind the concreted door in the hatch (seen earlier in this season, where Jacks metal cross seems to be attracted by a magnetic force..)
    Also the artist must have prior knowledge of all the stations, maybe it was the dude that lured Desmond into pushing the button (and where did he get the photo luminescent paints...). Looks like that the artist also could not explore every where as he was constrained by the 108 minute time limit...

Damn there is enough stuff on that picture that Locke saw, to keep the legions of Losties busy for weeks to try and figure out, a lot of lost sites are under serious load today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

That was one of the best epsidoes in a long time. Thought it was a very good story up until the last few mins. and then there was another twist. Brilliant ending. Would loved to find out what "Henry Gale" pressed into the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Fantastic episode, one of the best, if not the best of S2.
    Oh and nobody seemed to mention our connection in Lockes backstory. The woman he inspects the house for? Look familiar from Sayids backstories? :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

]Fantastic episode, one of the best, if not the best of S2.

Have to agree with you there. It really was outstanding with an excellent twist at the end.
    Oh and nobody seemed to mention our connection in Lockes backstory. The woman he inspects the house for? Look familiar from Sayids backstories?

Is she the woman in the photo?

Aquos76 wrote:
    Have to agree with you there. It really was outstanding with an excellent twist at the end.

Is she the woman in the photo?

Yes, it was Nadia.

Spotted the Oceaniac flight passing overhead, flight 815 maybe?

Yep.. this episode did not disappoint. Been looking forward to it for weeks and it turned out to be one of the best in a long long time.. and my favourite of series 2!

Firstly.. loved the beginning how it went straight into the moment after it ended last week with Henry's retort at what he just said. And also Locke's anger when he brought up that always touchy "why do you let him (Jack) speak to you like that?" with Locke.

And Michael Emerson really is just going from strength to strength in this series. He really is giving the series a much needed kick up the arse as Henry Gale.

Yes, i am probably the only one who thought Henry was not an Other. And when Sayid, Ana and Charlie found the balloon and grave.. i was ready with my keyboard to register my "I TOLD YOU SO's" with you all! And then when the end of the episode came, i was bitter when Sayid came in with the ID of the real Henry Gale so let's just leave it at that. Looking mighty suspicious for Henry right now.

So.. onto the actual Lockdown - some brillant moments of television there. Henry's head popping up into the vent, the neon lights, the tension with the timer ringing why Henry was unconscience, the map type emblem on the wall. Truly exhilerating stuff!

The map on the wall.. what i can see:

Clearly all other stations as outlined by the 'I AM HERE' by The Swan station. Looks like a path to leading to a central core of all the stations (outlined by the large ?). There's one station scribbled out just to the left at the top. As for all the chicken scrawls attempt at writing.. definantly need a magnifying class and high-res copy of the image.

But my God.. this sorta stuff is why 'Lost' still continues to entertain me.. the sheer effort the creators / writers put in at unleashing this stuff on a ravenous Internet community in need of exploration and knowledge.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but i think it's obvious the 'Lockdown' was to stop the inhabitants of the hatch interacting with those who delivered the supplies.. quite obvious, i know but worth stating!

Enjoyed Locke's backstory - nothing amazing learned but it certainly wasn't too boring and the cut-aways from the episode seemed short and fast. Expected however to find out how Locke got paralysed but probably will be left til Season 3 now! :(

Anyways.. best episode of the season. Did not disappoint at all! Clear 10 / 10 from me!

PS - Phew... you know it was a good episode when i wrote this much!

PPS - and for those finding it difficult to access the translated map (with reports of many Lost sites being crippled today with popularity), i uploaded it up onto my webspace (and is shown below) and also here is a closer look at the writing and interesting analysis from EW's Jeff Jensen.

lost_dharma_decoded-751672.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Yeah - lost truely is a genious show and Im so glad I've been watching from day one!

The only thing that bothers me is the WAIT!

-Whens the next ep anyway? I neeeeeed my fix:o

Whens the next ep anyway? I neeeeeed my fix:o
    Next Wednesday!

• Advertisement

Ohmigod Ohmigod Ohmigod

Such a totally cool episode. Everything about it rocked! I wont post any spoilers or anything, but def best episode of season 2

10/10

Advertisement