Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X16 - "The Whole Truth" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
  • 22-03-2006 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "THE WHOLE TRUTH" -

Episode Title: "The Whole Truth"
    Airdate: March 22nd 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

Sun comes to the revelation that she might be pregnant. She struggles on whether to tell Jin about the situation at first as she feels it might upset the entire balance of the survivors' community. Meanwhile, with no success from Jack or Sayid, Ana-Lucia is called in by Locke to interrogate the new prisoner Henry Gale to get more information out of him about the balloon that he and his wife supposedly landed on the island with in the forest.

Next New Episode: 2X17 - "Lockdown" - March 29nd 2006

What did you think of "The Whole Truth"? 105 votes

0%
    0%
    saintsaucey 1 vote
    9%
    Kur4mASauronStephen Pstevejazzxfailsafeo FiacRoenRuskie4RentschnupiKrankStricher 10 votes
    24%
    mewsowhitetrashAnimakaimeradigimanBeruthielSilent AssasinDampsquidmr_angryelvis2002JBoyle4evaduridiantoxofJackieChanSherifufightin irishJohnnyrazyoucancallmealMetacortexmuppetkiller 26 votes
    31%
    OSiriSElNinoMr EChongLFCFanCactus ColPullMyFinger!fjonPeacematrimslave1cregserWaltonsmadrabmonomaniacpcheadubuSnake PliskenKevIRLel rabitos 33 votes
    19%
    satchmoBardPiE[Deleted User][Deleted User]CatsmokinpotBasqmad mStimpyoneKaneOFDMRoddy23danniemcqHesterRollo TamasidjkeoghdubgirlReg_hurleycowardPrestonhp 20 votes
    9%
    DSAquos76WintersweemcdmonkeyfudgeangelofdeathOqzmuckwarriorred_fox 10 votes
    1%
    Nick_oliveriFranky Boy 2 votes
    2%
    dawballzStuxnet[Deleted User] 3 votes
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good news.. 3 new episodes for the next 3 weeks!

Can't wait for next week's one myself - some spoilers on AintItCoolNews.com make it sound fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

its been so long i think i will have to take a gander at the last episode just to refresh my memory

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm looking forward to this one, the last one was excellent.
    If only I knew what time it comes out at. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

If only I knew what time it comes out at. :(
    Well I have my hands fully on it now, if that helps you. Won't be watching it for another while though:mad:

Not holding much hope for this one to be honest!

Sun / Jin backstories tend not to interest me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Well the backstory wasn't exactly action packed, but they never are with Sun. It was interesting to see the bald dude from the hotel again. And did she get poked by him, I guess that is the burning question!!! Or as Jin says, was it a miracle. I very much douby any involvement by Michael ('the forgottn one').

Of far more interest was the developing tension between the various people; Ana Lucia's quote was stellar - Jack and Locke are far more interested in Locke and Jack. And Charlie was on good form with his humour lines, and the gun passing incident.

Creepy at the end too with the scary Henry invited for breakfast and suggesting that the three balloon-seekers may have been jumped by the Others. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I really liked Henry's comment about asking loads of questions - again I think this is the writing team having a dig at what we all say about the castaways!!! Bernard and Rose were back too, and squabbling over her birthday, only a week on from his return.

So I gave it a 7, but maybe Sun's pregnancy will have more reverberations that initially we think. And for once I didn't see any links to any of the rest of the group in the flashbacks - was there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

digiman wrote:
    Well I have my hands fully on it now, if that helps you. Won't be watching it for another while though:mad:
    Yip, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Goode enough episode, I gave it an 8, very good ending, I always had thought that it was a trap, I suppose we will have to wait until next week to find that out. There was some pretty funny bits in this episode as well, with Charlie and then Sawyer talking to Bernard about Sun being pregant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So so episode, after being spoilt by the last two excellent episodes it was back to a typical lost episode with Sun & Jin backstory. Nice quote from Ana Lucia as mentioned above. I would have to say that Henry Gale is a very clever individual, even if the search party do find the remains of the balloon, it could have planned that way to allow him to infaltrate the survivors.

Anyway good to have it back and its good that we'll have 3 weeks in a row of Lost. A solid 7.

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

absolutely great episode, didn't want it to end

great ending, a truely great piece of drama.

a lot different from the two previous episode, a more character orientated ep with loads of little clues

essentially suns preggers and jin shoots blanks so hello its lockes mother and claire all over again,
    dharma must be impregnating these women as part of some ancient ritualistic thing (a bit far fetched)

widemore labs on the preg test relates to henrys widemore??? construction, dhrma planted the preg test on the plane along with the other items, they are controlling everything in this experiment.
    widemore funds the DI or vice versa so henry is an other anyways if you listen to the transcripts of s02 e14 you can hear people saying henry is mad trying to fool the losties so it obvious....
    henry is simply trying to divide them now there will a baloon but no trap, this will gain henry just enough trust with locke to help with the lockedown....can't wait fo that

got any milk..brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Enjoyed it and liked the backstory. T'was touching. Spotted the "you're husband" instead of "your husband" mistake in the subtitles as well ¬_¬.

Henry's little speech at the breakfast table was hilarious. The way that the three characters were looking at each other through the whole scene was very well done. And then the "Got and milk?" of course :D
    Liking the way that Locke and Jack continuously take little jabs at each other using Henry as well.

I give thee: 7

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Enjoyable episode.
    Henry is playing them brilliantly.
    Sayid was staring intently at Anna Lucia while she was sleeping.
    Another love triangle involving Jack perhaps....
    A solid 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I always find it funny when the guy thinks it's a miracle. :rolleyes: Stevejaxx's points are interesting. But why control the pregnancy test when you made her preggers in the first place??

How does Henry's little speech at the end not have Jack and Locke convinced he's an other? Normal people would just shut up and eat up. Henry's too alert, trying to soak too much in - acting sooo suspicious.

I don't hate Anna Lucia (like some do) but I did find her more likable than usual. I'm surprised Sayid's first objective was not to scout the area but instead jump right in looking for the wizard of oz's balloon.

Lost is like one of those horror movies were your like "Don't go into that room! No, don't lock yourself in it!". I don't like them movies. Although, 7/10 for this ep. 3 points off cos it looked like they spent the extra weeks off giving the actors sunburn rather than preparing a thrilling storyline.

Wasn't "feeling" this episode at all.. gave it a 6.

Did like the the action involving Henry / Locke / Jack and Sayid / Ana / Charlie but the baby storyline / flashbacks involving Jin and Sun were just the most boring tired drawn-out moments in Lost in a long time!

Henry really is turning into a great little character. Enough sympathy to somewhat feel for the guy but enough sharp little bursts to get under Jack and Locke's skin to really stir things up. And the "got milk" line was genius! Am extremely curious to see what awaits Sayid, Ana and Charlie next week.

Roll on much anticipated episode 17 next Wednesday.

PS - also spotted something for the Spell Czech's in the subtitles.. the doctor was "you're husband" to Sun instead of "your husband" .... for shame! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Interesting that somebody should mention Dharma impregnating women... there's a great thread going on over at The Fuselage on Bronze Cuckoos. This might take a little explaining.

A bronze cuckoo is a bird that lays its eggs in another bird's nest, and the surrogate raises the chick without ever realising that it is not one of its own. The bronze cuckoo is mentioned by Walt in Australia as he is leafing through his school books and trying to get the attention of his mother and Brian Porter. Interestingly, he also says "Shouldn't we be learning about the birds of Egypt or something" - relevant now that we've seen middle Egyptian hieroglyphics in the hatch?

Anyway, first we have Emily Locke declaring that John was "immaculately conceived", and now Sun and Jin are declaring their baby "a miracle". All of a sudden, Emily doesn't seem quite so crazy anymore. It seems there could be something more to this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

v. enjoyable episode I thought.

I liked the flashback, brought a little twist that I certainly didn't expect..

and it seems Locke really did take what Henry said in 2x15 to heart.. it's clear that he's trying to challenge Jack now...

Loved the last scene with Henry..

most things have been said I guess.. roll on next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Personally I gave it an 8.
    I liked Sun and Jin's flashbacks...have to say I like Sun period!
    I think its obvious that the guys looking for the balloon will not be captured as Henry said that this is what he would set up if he was an Other but that he wasn't one.
    I think will need another flashack from Sun or a confession to Kate before we know whether the hotel general manager had some input to the making of Sun's bun.
    It was good to see Anna Luci again, she has been missing from loads of eps recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I really enjoyed that episode especially Gale's scene at the end.
    Theres probably not going to be a trap but i still think hes a liar and one of them. That speech was just creepy.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Metacortex wrote:
    especially Gale's scene at the end.

That was the only good part of this episode imo. Maybe Jack and Locke might try and get along now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah great episode.

Flashbacks were alright. At least it seemed more relevant to the story than Jin/Sunn's previous one.

I'd say baldy plays a bigger part in the story then we've seen so far. For one thing, he's too nice and he just reminded me of Ethan a lot during Claire's drugged up period. Dodgy bastard I say!

One more thing, did anyone see how Kate reacted when she was asked about the pregnancy test? I'd say theres something there aswell.

• Advertisement

Anima wrote:
    One more thing, did anyone see how Kate reacted when she was asked about the pregnancy test? I'd say theres something there aswell.
    I thought that as well but i also thought it could be the creators covering bases, so to speak.

In the future, if they can't think think of a storyline for Kate.. they could elaborate on that! But they could also ignore it.

Oh.. and i'm pretty much without doubt now that Henry is NOT an other. After that speech.. it'd just be too obvious and it all seemed a bit too planned out in my mind if that was the case for Sayid, Ana and Charlie (or as i'll playfully refer to them from now on - SAC! :D)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Henry is definately an Other......there is almost no point debating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I gave it a 7 due to the lack of real action.

Henry is playing them like a violin. Even if thry do find a balloon that doesn't prove that he came to the island on it.

Jack and Locke are still heading for a big show down.

It was interesting to see how Sun came to learn English. Given Lockes paralysis being miraculousy cured it was hardly surprising that Sun's infertility was also cured on the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ElNino wrote:
    Given Lockes paralysis being miraculousy cured it was hardly surprising that Sun's infertility was also cured on the island.
    You did watch the episode? right?
    Jin is the one shooting blanks....
    The whole you're husband convo with the doctor. remember. knock knock.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

giving this one an 8
    enjoyable to watch, but learned nothing new.
    I'm betting that baby is defo not jins.

She specifically said at the end of the episode that she was never with another man, so unless she went with artificial insemination I think its safe to say its Jins baby.
    I couldnt see here lying outright to him like that. It just ain't Suns style.

Pretty awful episode overall though. Gave it a 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Here's just a theory i'll throw at ye. Sun couldn't get pregnant cause Jin was shooting blanks right. Maybe he got cured the same way locke was able to walk again.

Okay. I have to say I didn't like this episode too much. I didn't think it added much to the general plot whatsoever.

Firstly; this tension between Jack and Locke basically came out of nowhere. What I mean is Locke never showed any real interest in becoming the "head" until Henry appeared.

Secondly; Sun got pregnant. Big whoop. Michael probably did it before he left. I hope it definately isn't immaculate conception, because that would just .. well .. be sucky.

It was just a let down because we had to week 3 god damned weeks, and they could've done something so much better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Okay. I have to say I didn't like this episode too much. I didn't think it added much to the general plot whatsoever.

yeah you're right apart from henrys map, which leads to baloon that may be baloon of someone else and they'll possibly find a grave, oh and charlie had a gun indicating that he probably double crossed sawyer, oh and henry sees the computer and other hatch stuff yet his words are cryptic, oh and of course sun finds out she pregnant and just like emily locke, its appears to of happened miracously and all this after the virgin mary symbolisn with claire like a possible interconnection between intercontinental and generational sets of people? oh and suns catches hurley eating a choclate bar so his game is almost up, oh and kates had a pregnancy test and sawyer and bernanrd spoke backwads to jin and henry quotes some more dostoyesky hinting that dharma have some twisted ideal of actually helping the losties...and on and on
    Firstly; this tension between Jack and Locke basically came out of nowhere. What I mean is Locke never showed any real interest in becoming the "head" until Henry appeared.

I don't have time to go into the season 1 duality issues and also those of leadership or the shows ongoing theme of polarity I'll just say this, theres a very famous episode caled 'man of science, man of faith' you should watch it!
    Secondly; Sun got pregnant. Big whoop. Michael probably did it before he left. I hope it definately isn't immaculate conception, because that would just .. well .. be sucky.

sucky, i see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Pretty good episode - gave it a 7.

There's more to Sun's pregnancy than she let on - did you see the look on her face when she hugged Jin after he said it must be a miracle.

She definitely didn't tell him "the whole truth" - I like the way Jack said this making us think there was/is more to the situation that we realise.
    If she didn't have an affair then what was the point in those scenes in the hotel - they seemed incredibly close. There's more to find out about Sun and her bald friend (though unless they had an affair the week that the doomed flight 815 left I doubt she could have been pregnant for any length of time).

Henry - ahhh I just want to know one way or the other at this stage!!! We know from the trailers/spoilers that
    they find the baloon and grave next week
    so here's how I predict it will pan out:
    Ana-L, Sayid and Charlie find the baloon and grave next week. Though something will cause Sayid to still have his suspicions. They return to the hatch to find Locke and Henry locked inside.
    Henry helps Locke escape and in doing so strikes up a deal that if they survive he will be freed.

However in the course of this Henry will possibly try and escape. The US trailer confirms that he can access the ventilation shaft. We guessed this a couple of episodes back when you could see that the boards appeared to be broken away from the hatch in the roof of the armoury:
    http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=980&pos=774

Warning - big spoilers ahead

"Lockdown" - When the hatch suddenly takes on a life of its own, Locke is forced to enlist the help of an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Ana Lucia, Sayid and Charlie go off into the jungle to find out the truth about Henry, on "Lost," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Dave" - Libby lends Hurley support when he begins to think the island is having a strange effect on him, and Locke's sense of purpose is shaken when the prisoner provides new information about the hatch, on "Lost," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

LOST -- "S.O.S." - Rose is surprisingly and vehemently opposed to Bernard's plan to create an S.O.S. signal; romantic sparks are rekindled between Jack and Kate when they trek into the jungle to propose a "trade" with "The Others"; and Locke begins to question his faith in the island, on "Lost," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12

So we know that Henry is still a prisioner despite helping Locke and the finding of the baloon and Jack/Kate want to trade someone/something...

Advertisement