Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LimerickBeers May 13th Venue Discussion

Options
  • 10-03-2006 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi ya, I've just moved to Limerick recently and im trying to make new friends? Does any one know of clubs etc that meet up maby once a week for drinks, cinema etc?? Im 27.

Can you make it to a beers session this Thursday 8 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well maybe it's time for a limerick boards session :D
    Otherwise i'll meet up with ya next week ..i'm in limerick about 3 months and could do with meeting new people too. PM if ya like ...i'm headin back to Galway for the weekend but will be around next week...

As for clubs to be honest I never checked as I knew a few people here. But it must be said Limerick is a very easy place to settle into people are very friendly and pretty good social scene..i'm 28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm always up for something different. If ye organise something, let me know. And seen as ye are giving ages, I'm 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Vodka&coke

Maybe we should organise a limerick boards session like Muppetkiller said.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Probably head there aswell but it would depend on the day and the amount
    of notice cause despite what people may tell u bout me i have a bit of a life ;)

I think maby a weekend?? Dont let me be the only girl there though!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Well how does next Thursday sound to everyone...it doesn't have to be the Limerick Boards beers but if it is cool...Everyone has Friday off for paddys day anyway to get the Cure :D
    I'm sure there are lots of people up for it but few visit the limerick boards area ...maybe i'll throw it up on monday in After Hours and see what the response is like..what do yee think ?

I've never been to a boards beers before so have no idea what to expect...

That sounds great. Gona head home now after a bit of shopping. Have a nice weekend everyone.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, that sounds good. If i'm around i'll definitely meet up with ye. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Might be able to make it, what pub are ye thinking of?

All of them :D
    but we must stay away from the Polish bar ...went their one night for a session on a Thursday night and didn't get back to work till Tuesday lol
    Arm Wrestling comp was fun though haha

I suggest a small pub like Mastersons so it'll be easy to find each other then maybe onto the usual haunts Nancys / Clohessys/ Costellos...etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Hey guys can someone just explain what exactly is a boards beers and have there been limerick ones before??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Arathorn wrote:
    Hey guys can someone just explain what exactly is a boards beers and have there been limerick ones before??
    ....Boardsies.......drinks.......drinks....bordsies......

Not that I know of. And if there was... I wasn't invited. *shakes fist*

OP: What are your interests? Ahem. i.e. Have you considered evening classes,etc. (The usual crap suggestion)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Oki doki heres what I will do

I will sticky this thread to allow people discuss the the possibility of a beers for limerick.

An idea would be first to thrash out a suitible date. It would be best to organise it at the weekend, and it would have to be a place where there are no pricks on the door so it will be easier to get in. it would be lousy for someone who travels a long way to attend only to be turned away at the door.

Personally I would go for something for the first week in May onwards. but we can set up a poll when a few dates have been nominated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

I suggest a small pub like Mastersons so it'll be easy to find each other then maybe onto the usual haunts Nancys / Clohessys/ Costellos...etc...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054868527

:D:D

And BTW: I have to work on Paddy's day... :eek:

IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Costellos might be a good place to go cause fran is easy going on the door, that is of course if anyone likes indie rock?

As billy says it would be harsh on someone traveling all the way to town to be refused by the pricks on the door of the icon and the likes. They (the icon) sometimes seem to refuse people for no reason, I was turned away after been told I was kicked out for starting fights the previous week, I hadn't been near the place for six months.:eek: This has happened most of my friends as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The Locke, perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

Locke sounds greagt to me!

IB

Inge Binge wrote:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054868527

:D:D

And BTW: I have to work on Paddy's day... :eek:

IB

LOL i think though they mentioned every pub in limerick though :D

May seems a bit far away for the OP me thinks...
    I'm still happy with next Thursday :D

Karoma wrote:
    The Locke, perhaps?

seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Locke sounds cool, is this for thursday night then?

• Advertisement

kyp_durron wrote:
    Locke sounds cool, is this for thursday night then?

Its a bit soon and I would imagine it would be beter for a weekend night. I still think beginning of may would be better.

Well can we get a vote thingy in for Thursday night to see numbers ?

Hi ya, sorry havent been around for the weekend but can anyone fill me in on the meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Hey All!

Id be up for thursday, just name a time and place! And Vodka&Coke you wont be the *only* girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Billy 1st weekend in may is VERY far away me thinks
    Locke thursday nite shouldnt b 2 packed id say
    Or even nestors for all the cheap damn students out there(like myself)

Well how does Mastersons sound ? We can meet there and then move on ...

where is Mastersons?

ROCHES STREET i think...Maybe cecil street ...don't know the streets in Limerick that well..but what do people think ? If you can think of a better place then please post it..

well i would not be able to make thursday as it is too soon.

you want a poll for thursday for numbers. I have added it to this thread for ye

• Advertisement

IrishMike wrote:
    Billy 1st weekend in may is VERY far away me thinks
    Locke thursday nite shouldnt b 2 packed id say
    Or even nestors for all the cheap damn students out there(like myself)

not really it is only six weeks, and it allows people to get a few quid together and book holidays if necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement