Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bess Jf

Options
  • 08-03-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Any body want to explain what one should expect if one has not done much this semester?

THanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stell

that made no sense, think just one of those days,,,, meant for exams next week/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

If you've not done much, I'd expect hell... Especially if they're next week...That's one helluva workload you've got for yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

failure at a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

The end is not neccesarily nigh... Do you know what parts of the course are going to be examined? And, the format of the exams?

There is always something you can do over the next few days. Talk to people in your class and find out what might come up. When you go into the exams themselves, apply all that 'exam taking' advice you were ever given - yeah, you might not do as well as you would have had you worked all term, but if you don't sit the exams/doodle on the script before leaving early you'll have lost all the marks for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

I'm doing jf bess and here is my advice:

For business take the time to read Mintzberg, Halal, Leavitt, Griener and Miller and learn the answers to last year's Hilary test

For economics look at the end of year exam papers on the library website and look at macro questions and use myeconlab for practice

For maths http://www.tcd.ie/Economics/staff/ppwalsh/index.htm

Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

stell wrote:
    Any body want to explain what one should expect if one has not done much this semester?

THanks,
    With that level of punctuation and spelling, not to mention the fact that you take a course with no such thing as semesters, I should be rightly worried, if I were you.

I did JF BESS last year. My own advice is as follows:

BU1510: Read all the readings and know them inside-out. Dr. McHugh's questions are always highly imaginative: he always finds new approaches to asking questions. Be prepared for the unexpected (yes, I know that's an oxymoron).

EC1010 (Macro Module): Know all the identities and graphs, and be able to discuss progressions and knock-on effects, i.e., what happens x and y if z happens. Dr. Somerville's papers tend to be highly technical, with little room for waffle.

EC1030 (Maths Module): Do the homework and attend tutorials, and you'll fly through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

europerson wrote:
    With that level of punctuation and spelling, not to mention the fact that you take a course with no such thing as semesters, I should be rightly worried, if I were you.
    Mattie cop on to yourself. Don't be a prick. It's unbecoming of you.

Mattie cop on to yourself. Don't be a prick. It's unbecoming of you.
    Yes, please accept my apologies. I made that post in a rash moment of anger. I'm unhappy and upset with myself over the whole Schols thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stell

Hello,

Europerson... I shall try to be a little clearer for you. I know you might find it hard to understand some things unless they are very clear. Thanks for the enlightened ignorance,

Anyone that did help, thanks a million!

Stell,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Banned after three posts. Either it was a duplicate account, or that must be a record.

Don't make fun of europerson. He's big and strong and from Meath.

• Advertisement

Don't make fun of europerson. He's big and strong and from Meath.
    :)

Advertisement