Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Fanning Movie Show Theme Tune

Options
  • 05-03-2006 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Anybody know what the them tune for the movie show was. it was some tune done with xylophone.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The original, long running "The Movie Show" used a piano theme, I can't remember what it was, but its arrangement sounded far too close to "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free", the BBC Film programme's theme, for comfort...completely different melody of course, but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The original piano piece is "Last Date" by Floyd Cramer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

ah yes of course a piano. the xylophone i had in mind was the kodak ad that i also want to know who done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

...........or maybe it was an irish independant ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

The original piano piece is "Last Date" by Floyd Cramer.

REM also did a cover of this on their In The Attic album.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

icdg wrote:
    The original, long running "The Movie Show" used a piano theme, I can't remember what it was, but its arrangement sounded far too close to "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free", the BBC Film programme's theme, for comfort...completely different melody of course, but still...

Yes, complete & total lack of imagination from RTE, and a completely inappropriate theme tune for such a movie show IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

1der wrote:
    ...........or maybe it was an irish independant ad.
    That'd be Bill Brown's rearrangement of Carl Orff's "Gassengauer" from "Musica Poetica" IIRC.

Advertisement