Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trains from Balbriggan

Options
  • 01-03-2006 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just moved to Balbriggan and I have to communte over to Dublin 4 each morning.

How reliable are the trains first thing in the morning?? I was on the CIE website and seen that there is a train leaving Balbriggan at 6.17 each morning and goes direct to Sydney Paradge and should get there for 7.41am (I have to be in work for 8am).

Can I go by this schedule or are the trains all over the place?? If I have to chance trains, which station do I change from, Connolly or Pierce??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

d-redser wrote:
    Hi,

I have just moved to Balbriggan and I have to communte over to Dublin 4 each morning.

How reliable are the trains first thing in the morning??

If I have to chance trains, which station do I change from, Connolly or Pierce??

I would say that trains are extremely reliable.

If you have to change and wait for a DART it really doesn't matter where you change from, Connolly, Pearse, Tara, or Howth Junction, the DART will be behind the suburban train anyhow.

Note that Pay-And-Display will be active in and around the town in the next few weeks. Not too sure if the station car park will be P&D but the two quay street car parks will and the rest of the town. Not before time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Yep, as Bluetonic says, the trains are very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

if the trains gets you to sydney parade 20 mins before work you should be fine.

if they are out in the mornings which in recent times is quite rare, it is only by a few minutes. I get the 7.57 train every morning, gets me to connolly at 8.40 and I have to be in work by 9. If I ever have been late from getting that train it is a rare occurance

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

I have to agree , I have no problems getting to work by train , its the freezing platform that makes it a pain , once its windy huddle in the small waiting room !!!

HAs anyone noticed the graffitti on the southbound platform _ No more S***E train service "

Ironic!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

This all sounds good!!

And one more question, what is the parking like around the train station and how much is it?

• Advertisement

d-redser wrote:
    This all sounds good!!

And one more question, what is the parking like around the train station and how much is it?

The station is full by 7am, will be pay and display by the end of the year so say CIE. Cars are not safe in the car park after dark.

Everywhere else in the town will be pay and display on March 7th. Not sure of prices based on Skerries it'll be 1 euro for 2/3 hours increasing by 200% per hour after that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is usually parking in front of super valu in the mornings,no chance of parking in the train station unless you are there about 6am.

Their is a direct train ni the morning to lawnsdowne at about 8:30,it is really handy:)

Moonbeam wrote:
    There is usually parking in front of super valu in the mornings,no chance of parking in the train station unless you are there about 6am.

Enjoying paying for it from next week :)

It'll be the Church Car park for you!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I usually walk down or park in Moylaragh if it is really cold/Dark and walk from there:)

pay parking would suck:(

Is there any decent clubs/socieities in that community hall there?
    Any links to anything exciting in the town?
    Seen balbriggan.net etc and what google tells mee xists but there has to be more!

Moonbeam wrote:
    I usually walk down or park in Moylaragh if it is really cold/Dark and walk from there:)

pay parking would suck:(

Is there any decent clubs/socieities in that community hall there?
    Any links to anything exciting in the town?
    Seen balbriggan.net etc and what google tells mee xists but there has to be more!

Theres the little mini Bus Eireann shuttle bus which you can use too. I think the pay and display parking is great, it should really put some life back into the town. It's been a disgrace the way people think they've a right to leave their car in the town for 10 hours a day, hoging valuable (shopping) parking spaces and distrupting traffic flow.

Not too sure what sort of clubs or societies are in the community hall there, the town is just finding it's feet with the redevelopment of the town hall etc.., I say pop in the Library and you'll find any info you need there.

• Advertisement

It has a library?:)

At the moment the library is in the Beat Centre Stephenstown Industrial Estate Harry Reynolds Road, but it will be to back to it's original site on the corner of the square soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

I Have seen that little Bus Eirean shuttle bus around the estates!! Totally forgot about using it!

Thanks for that, that will be handy!!

The shuttle bus in handy and is only a euro,

I must find this industrial estate and library,is it at the far end of the town near the roundabout?

Moonbeam wrote:
    I must find this industrial estate and library,is it at the far end of the town near the roundabout?

Depends on which end of the town you are at, as to which end is the far end... both ends have roundabouts.

It's where the old BMX track used to be? Besdie the TAYTO depot? Where the firestation is now.... not ringing a bell?

Heading into Balbriggan northbound at the roundabout at the church, take your first exit to bring you onto Harry Reynolds road, then take your first right into the industrial estate. The library is down there in the BEAT building. It'll be moved back to Carnegie building on the square pretty soon.

/me nods and smiles

no idea where any of those things are;)

The drogheda side is the end I live at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Moonbeam wrote:
    /me nods and smiles

no idea where any of those things are;)

The drogheda side is the end I live at.

its at the other end of the town.
    go up to the roundabout at the church, take the 3rd exit on that, you are then in the industrial estate. take the 1st right and the library is down there

sgarvan wrote:
    its at the other end of the town.
    go up to the roundabout at the church, take the 3rd exit on that, you are then in the industrial estate. take the 1st right and the library is down there

Thanks God you don't work as a police man.

I did find harry reynolds road last night but I am going to presume it is a long road;)

Thanks for the directions,I am aiming to see somewhere new and local every week so might try it Saturday:)

Moonbeam wrote:
    I did find harry reynolds road last night but I am going to presume it is a long road;)

Thanks for the directions,I am aiming to see somewhere new and local every week so might try it Saturday:)

All joking aside, ar you actually saying you did go a good bit of exploring in the town before you actually moved there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement