Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker TV?

Options
  • 26-01-2006 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I was in a TV retailer today and saw a 28" widescreen CRT TV with the badge "Walker". Anybody hear of this brand before? Search on Google reveals nothing. The guy said it was a Mitsubishi!?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unless it says "Mitsubishi" it isn't.

Sounds like some rebadged grey import alright. Nothing found. Buy one with a known name on the label!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

Mitsubishi tvs are badged Black Diamond in Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If he said it was a Mitsubishi, what he may have meant was it's the same as a Black Diamond set. These mainly used chassis by Beko or Vestel, both Turkish.

I'd avoid the set tbh, as they're not the greatest.

BTW, Black Diamond branded sets are no longer being made, apparently due to Mitsubishi being unhappy with their name being associated with products they didn't manufacture.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Saw a Walker 42" plasma in a customers house last week. First time I had come across the brand and I deal with dozens of tv's every week. Pic quality seemed quite good, menus and remote seemed vey philips.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

AFAIK, the Walker brand came from a guy who was working with Mitsubishi/Black Diamond. Black Diamond has ceased operations and he set up this brand using all the same components as were used in BD. A mate of mine is a service engineer and he advised me to wait a year or so and see if the walker brand is still around then.

Powercity, Curry's, and another company which I cant remember at the moment have agrees to take these TV's and Plasma's from him. If they discontinue his set, he will fold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 rgdaxter

I was in the gaming centre in dublin yesterday and i came across one of these tvs. They seem pretty nice for gaming anyway. it was only hd ready s i'd say full hd would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

"HD Ready" and "Full HD" tell you almost nothing about a TV spec.

This thread is 3 years old!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement