Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegas Baby

Options
  • 24-01-2006 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I signed up for $100 on January 7th to give this site a try ( see if its as soft as culchie says ). I have played 11 sessions totalling 30 hrs play. Mostly 10/25 NLH cash also 3 x MTT $5 + .50 R and a $10 + $1 R. Current A/C balance is $730.

This site is very soft and MTT's have a very nice structure, 8 min blinds but there are no big jumps in blinds and no antes. Comfortable chip / Blinds ratio right up to final table.

I really could do without a flood of boardsters on there, but its good to share, and I cant live with the guilt of keeping this to myself. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

website being :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am starting to play more on VBP and I have to agree its is very soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

sunzz wrote:
    website being :D

sunzz

Please read....

http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054872512

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I signed up for $100 on January 7th to give this site a try ( see if its as soft as culchie says ). I have played 11 sessions totalling 30 hrs play. Mostly 10/25 NLH cash also 3 x MTT $5 + .50 R and a $10 + $1 R. Current A/C balance is $730.
    Tell me you actually mean 0.10/0.25 NLH please?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Imposter wrote:
    Tell me you actually mean 0.10/0.25 NLH please?

oops. of course. That scares me too.

• Advertisement

Mick,

Do you have any more swing when it comes to suggestions...?or am I better off doing a solo run..?I was going to email them looking for more short handed STTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Hi Paul,

I actually e-mailed this week looking for same thing, and some MTT's to suit European time zone. I'm also looking for 6 handed cash games.

I seen in Cardplayer Europe that they are now advertising over here so the European base will grow.
    Network has increased 10% per month the last 5 months, so it's coming along nicely.

I'm also organising a 100% bonus, just setting things up at the moment.

Glad to see boardsters doing well ... I knew ye would, Big Dragon is on just about every final table going, I keep getting texts at 3 in the morning telling me so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Culchie wrote:
    I'm also looking for 6 handed cash games.

This would induce me to play on it a lot more. Most the players are on through the bookmaker nine.com, you can tell which ones because they have a 9 in front of their name...9 = lousy Canadian gambler :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

decided to give vegas baby a shot so i just downloaded it. i just started on play money to get a feel for the site and second hand i get a royal flush so hopefully it will continue on like this

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hoolamoppa

;) , hi all, yea signed up with VGB too, great site, very soft, up 400% , seems to be full of fish, and its a barrel , and i seem to have a big gun and ... u no , its easy so far anyway, VGB for me !!!!:cool: :D:D

• Advertisement

hoolamoppa wrote:
    ;) , hi all, yea signed up with VGB too, great site, very soft, up 400% , seems to be full of fish, and its a barrel , and i seem to have a big gun and ... u no , its easy so far anyway, VGB for me !!!!:cool: :D:D

DevCon2.....Is this Culchie?????????????? ;)

BigDragon wrote:
    DevCon2.....Is this Culchie?????????????? ;)

No, but I know who the fecker is though. Just another happy camper:p

Ban him. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Culchie,
    Could I throw a few ???s at you, cause i really don't want to download the software if I'm not going to use it, and I cant spot the answers to these questions on the 'pre-download' part of the site.

1. It looks as if I can deposit by creditcard, but not withdraw by creditcard. Is this just an error/ommission on the site or is it true?
    2. Can I use STTs to attack the 20% bonus, or is it only cash tables?
    3. What are the buyins for STTs?.
    4. Are the STTs 'timed levels' (as Tribeca) or 'no. of hands' (like I think Party)?

Cheers
    AJ.

Culchie,
    Could I throw a few ???s at you, cause i really don't want to download the software if I'm not going to use it, and I cant spot the answers to these questions on the 'pre-download' part of the site.

1. It looks as if I can deposit by creditcard, but not withdraw by creditcard. Is this just an error/ommission on the site or is it true?
    2. Can I use STTs to attack the 20% bonus, or is it only cash tables?
    3. What are the buyins for STTs?.
    4. Are the STTs 'timed levels' (as Tribeca) or 'no. of hands' (like I think Party)?

Cheers
    AJ.

1. US based network, so no withdrawal to Credit Card, neteller is taking on average 12 hours (first one took 24). You can go the cheque option if you want. (you must have a neteller account AJ ?)

2. Yes, all games count to bonus. (hope to have 100% bonus soon, so hold fire for moment)

3. $1, $3, $5, $10, $20, $30, $50, $100 ... quiet enough until 11pm Irish time at the moment (nearly all palyers are canadian) so if you are a night owl, it's good.

4. STT's and MTT's are timed ... 10 mins, and blind increases are not aggressive, plenty of play.

Thanks for interest ... it's a fish pool, go get 'em

Cheers, appreciate the quick reply.

I don't have Neteller, suppose I really should set it up soon as I want to move away from just playing on the PPP / VC sites.

The rest sounds perfect.

I'll hang on til you get the 100% bonus sorted.

Thanks

Cheers, appreciate the quick reply.

I don't have Neteller, suppose I really should set it up soon as I want to move away from just playing on the PPP / VC sites.

The rest sounds perfect.

I'll hang on til you get the 100% bonus sorted.

Thanks

OK, 100% sign up bonus now in place (up to $150)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Culchie wrote:
    OK, 100% sign up bonus now in place (up to $150)

Is there a bonus code needed? Sorry, I am too lazy to look through other threads to see if it is there.

Edit: sorry, diff question. Is this a deposit bonus or a signup bonus as I have already registered, but have'nt deposited yet. I used the 1percent code then.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭aubreym

only says 30% bonus now on home page..where do you get the 100% bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Hey Culchie, just downloaded prob give this a go later or early tomorrow, where is the 100% bonus ?

Aubrey

1. Download the software, and create a player name, put 1percent in the bonus codes field, if you want Big Dragon's charity to the $25 refer a friend bonus.

2. Once player ID is created, click on Cashier, bottom left of lobby screen.

When making your first deposit, there will be a field/box called 'Bonus Codes'

Simply click the word Bonus Codes, and your unique code will be given to you.

3. Insert this code into the 'Bonus Code' field/box.

The 100% first deposit codes are in place now.
    (website pages being updated over next couple of days)

5starpool ..yes, you will qualify for bonus. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

any chance of a 100% bonus on next deposit? Seen as I already deposited and got the 30% bonus, feeling hard done by :D

Iago wrote:
    any chance of a 100% bonus on next deposit? Seen as I already deposited and got the 30% bonus, feeling hard done by :D

Well obviously I shall be looking after regular players, reload bonuses and a personalised rakeback scheme being worked on as we speak. A few more days will sort that out.

Loyalty is a two way street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Culchie wrote:
    Well obviously I shall be looking after regular players, reload bonuses and a personalised rakeback scheme being worked on as we speak. A few more days will sort that out.

Loyalty is a two way street though.

Sounds great, I think this will be one of the more successful ventures out there!

I was only chancing my arm, but keep me posted, I'd be very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Well I finally tried out this new venture and honestly I can't get over just how bad these players are. Culchie isn't messing, they are terrible. I was trying out a 25NL cash game and then a $10 STT to get used to the software and structures, I saw no cards in the cash game, bar a K high flush that I lost to the nut flush. Yet he didn't stack me, he just called my river bet with the nuts... :rolleyes:

I saw one guy fold a +$12 pot to a $0.25 bet on the river:eek: :eek:

Another guy bet the minimum every time he had any pair at all and would called any re-raise :D , so if you want to draw just call, knowing you're almost guaranteed to be given lovely odds, on each street, if you have a hand just build the pot knowing you're guaranteed a caller, honestly they are like ATM's,

If I was dealt anything playable at all, or even to hit a flop, it would have been like printing money. I don't know many sites where you nearly always get an overlay to call with a gut shot... :D if only one of them hit....:mad: (definitely rigged Culchie :p )

The STT's have a lovely structure too, I won the first one I played, without breaking a sweat. There were guys calling all-in with second pair crap kicker to massive over bets, the traffic isn't great at the moment, but I recommend trying it out before these guys get a clue, which hopefully won't happen any time soon. I presume this wasn't just the usual Friday night nutters though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Joined tonight myself. Won my first STT. Sat into .15/.25 cash game with a tenner and left 2 hours later with $85.

Scotty # wrote:
    Joined tonight myself. Won my first STT. Sat into .15/.25 cash game with a tenner and left 2 hours later with $85.

Jebus, I didn't realise it was that soft ! :p

Playing a STT on VBP last night I had pocket eight's,3 kings came out on the board...I was thinking if I am up against a bigger house so be it.I was out of position so only bet out 100 to see were I was on the river,opponent flat calls so I think I have the best hand on till he turns over the 4th king.On any other site I am sure I would have lost a big chunk of my stack.I went on to win the STT.Easy money.

For those licking their lips and diving in to this site please read this.....

http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054872512

and leave the $5 rebuy at 9pm alone, its mine!! ;):p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

And don't try to muscle in on Culchie's domination of chinese poker on it :)

• Advertisement

Some initial thoughts on Vegas Baby (a little negative).

I played a $1 STT just to get to know the Interface.
    First thing is that the prizemoney was $10 for first, nadda for anyone else - a bit crazy but from the $5+ upwards games it seems to be the more accepted 50%/30%/20% split.
    I thought the STT blind structure was slow to the point of horrible.
    From a starting stack of 1000, blinds go 10/20, 15/30, 20/40, 30/60, 40/80, 50/100, 75/100 etc.
    On Tribeca I tend not to get heavily involved in the first 3 levels, and only move up a gear at the 100/200 level4 stage which is 24 minutes into a standard STT. The equivalent level on VBP is level6 (50/100) - with 10 minute blind levels this is 50 minutes into the game. I would expect that 80 or 90 minutes could be the norm for an STT, with 100+ minutes not unusual. OK, it allows lots of play, but I think its a hindrance to keeping a decent 'winrate per hour' going. And I would hate to go out in 4th place after 70+ minutes.

In fairness to the blind structure it probably makes MTTs more playable, but its horrible for STTs imho.

On balance, I think I'll stick with Tribeca for STTs for the time being, maybe have a go at some cash tables on VBP in the coming weeks (though being the worlds worst CashGame player could be a hindrance).
    AJ

Advertisement