Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built in Corner/Alcove units

Options
  • 24-01-2006 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Folks ,

Any one know out there know anywhere other than Noyeks / Cash + Carry Kitchens / B+Q
    for getting carcases / doors so as I can make up two storage / display / media units for alcoves either side of the chimney breast ?

Or Is my best option to try and build from scratch ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

The Panelling Centre?
    http://www.in-house.ie/

D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

fantastic :)

Im looking to do the exact same. Had a quote of 1750 per unit fitted :eek: I think I can design and fit myself with this company.... not too far away ...

Thanks for the link dools

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Cheers dools , might wander over to them at the weekend hopefully !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

No probs - let us all know how ye get on

D

Went over to the Santry one over the w/e. Its kinda like a Ikea. Go in and see all the kitchens. Pick and mix what you want and then pop around to the w/house and pick up.

Bought 1 * 4m oak worktop for 550 euros
    2 * 600 double carcases (oak finish)
    4 * 450 single carcases (oak finished)
    8 * Doors (pine) (pre cut for hindges) (there going to be painted)
    handles and other bits Kicker boards etc

Total cost 1,800

I was quoted for custome made of 3600 + delivery and fitting

regards
    Garyh3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Hi gary went over there myself at the weekend but on sunday and they were closed - i'll hopefully be visiting during this week sometime , when u say the carcases were 450mm & 600mm is this height or width ? just wondering as i wont want to have my tv too high off the ground and giving myself neckstrain watchin it !

Hi angel_of_death

That would be the width... As our alcoves are a different size I have to mix and match different sizes for each side.

Each alcove will consist of a 1 * double and 2 * singles either side carcasses.
    So I’m looking to put 4 doors on either side. Just as a note the oak top is 4m and they don’t cut it so as I need about 188cm on one side and 167cm on the other side I just going to cut 2m on site so that I can transport.

Just give them the dimensions of the Alcoves and they will advise on what you need. Also I got the impression that you might be able to negotiate the cost a little down or throw in a few extra such as the oil and steel wool screws and kicker boards etc

Garyh3

Edits from website

All carcasses’ use 18mm MFC with solid backing includes steel hinges and height adjustable unit legs.
    720mm x 570mm Deep

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm a bit confused as to the sizes for the wall units. At the top of the list they say 720mm x 300mm deep ... I assume the 720mm is the height, and then list a whole load of different sized units, which I assume is the width. After that they mention 575 x 500mm, 575 x 600mm, 900 x 300mm etc. ... what are these?

I ask, because I hate the useless gap that you get here between the top of the wall unit and the ceiling. When I lived on the "continent" you pretty much always had wall units that went all the way up to the ceiling, but not here for some obscure reason (maybe less standardized ceiling heights?).

Hi Alun

I think when you look at the flat pack and you click sizes they give you all the sizes (its the same screen for any flat pack you select) you can purchase depending on you requirements and the gap you have to fill.

I just gave them my measurements of what I wanted and the gap size and then they worked out what carcasses would fit the gap the best. Also what internal finish you wanted ie white or oak etc ....

Garyh3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 redbullandvodka

Garry o Connor Fitted Furniture
    Westmeath (087) 9791879

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

[Ring 4572502 in clondalkin he makes up carcas's

QUOTE=angel_of_death]Folks ,

Any one know out there know anywhere other than Noyeks / Cash + Carry Kitchens / B+Q
    for getting carcases / doors so as I can make up two storage / display / media units for alcoves either side of the chimney breast ?

Or Is my best option to try and build from scratch ?[/QUOTE]

hi all, just finished the buit-in's,

All the wood stuff was from www.in-house.ie, cost 1,800 took about 3 w/e to cut and fit and about 5 days to oil the oak top's and paint the doors.

All in all not too bad and used the cut downs of the sides as the gap fillers as each side of the chimney was not the same size. Job done...

regards
    Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 27,128 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey, nice job, looks well.

Advertisement