Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leffe

Options
  • 21-01-2006 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

It's the breakfast of the gods, the beverage and lunch of champions.
    leffe_blonde.jpg

It's my favourite beer ever. It's so very, very fine. It's also a lot better on tap (I was lucky enough to be in paris a while back and found some there)

Pity it's so expensive here, well worth stocking up on if you're in france.

Any other fans?

(I'm new here. Hi!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I find it too cloying to drink much of it. My brother swears by it and it's the stockpiled drink of choice in his house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I like it but I'd only drink one or two at a time.

I've only tried the Blonde Leffe, any word on what the Radieus and whatever the other one is are like?

I'd assume the Radieus has kind of Dunkle qualities but I'm probably wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

Brought a load back from Brussels last week. Rather disgustinly, it costs ~4.60Eur for 6 bottles in the supermarket(!)

Got a gift pack in the airport, 2 glasses and 4 bottles different types of Leffe... mmmm. Giftpack cost 13Eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Just brought a load of these back from Italy. Yup, it goes for cheaper over there. :)

I tried out the purple (stronger) type on my travels, something like 8.5% or thereabouts. It has a heavier hit but still has that same great taste.

Had a glass of it in the Netherlands which made me very jolly indeed. Man... I could go for another one...

Any pubs that do it on tap in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

This is my favourite beer at the moment, costs me $9 for a sixer, same price as smithwicks in my local liquor store (I'm in NJ), more expensive than the domestic stuff, but that's mostly a load of piss anyway.

Absolutely divine stuff, one of my top 3 beers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

You folk are talking about the blonde beer?

I'm not a fan at all... maybe if it was really chilled, but I definetely wouldn't rate it. It tastes a bit fruity really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 djf1970

This is my favourite beer at the moment, costs me $9 for a sixer, same price as smithwicks in my local liquor store (I'm in NJ), more expensive than the domestic stuff, but that's mostly a load of piss anyway.

If you're in the NJ and Leffe is the best you can find, you're not trying too hard. The "US beer is piss" line is easy to trot out but is laughably wrong.

Sign up here to find out where the good liquor stores, brewpubs etc. are in your area - http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/directory/9/US/NJ/

Advertisement