Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2x10: The 23rd Psalm [spoilers]

Options
  • 11-01-2006 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Aired Jan 11th 2006
    This episode will shed more light on why Eko took a mysterious 40-day vow of silence, and possibly information on his stick. Also, Claire begins to lose faith in Charlie after Eko begins to question him about the Virgin Mary statue, and Jack is an interested observer when Kate gives the recovering Sawyer a much-needed haircut.

Please observe all rules regarding spoilers and do NOT discuss any illegal methods of obtaining this episode.

Thread will be re-opened in the morning so that votes can't be cast until the episode has been aired

What did you think of Lost episode 2x10 106 votes

0%
    39%
    D-GenerateThorbarDont be at yourselfBeruthielscojonesV9ChongjamescrombieSilent Assasingarthvdoh.iefitzFighting IrishKur4mACactus ColeirebhoyCatsmokinpotscarysprinklesmickger 42 votes
    43%
    satchmoObeyGiantPiEAnima[Deleted User]digimanRobertFosterjor elNick_oliveri[Deleted User]Chevano RileyPullMyFinger!weemcdSauronOrionPeaceSmurfpissmatrimmadrabBasq 46 votes
    16%
    WashoutKdjaCLPauljLizardKingmada999fjonSleepyStimpyoneel rabitosrobinphJimboo_JonesShaneggggirishshogunEamonnKeaneRollo TamasilostexpectationcowardSandyVN 18 votes
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Pretty good episode, although I would have liked more after such a long wait. Eko's back-story is roughly exactly as I imagined it would be, so no real surprises there, but full marks for giving us a good look at (and in!) lostzilla.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ObeyGiant wrote:
    but full marks for giving us a good look at (and in!) lostzilla.

You could've used spoliers here.

Cant wait to see it do myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Good episode I thought. Eko's story was interesting enough. Lostzilla was the highlight of the episode for me. I wonder if anyone will go through the frames of the episode and try and make out the flashing images inside it. I'd do it but I've to go to college :(

Glad lost is back anyway :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

kearnsr wrote:

Cant wait to see it do myself.

If you look at a thread before you've seen the episode you deserve to get it spoiled for you.

Did anyone see the faces in the smoke. I saw a priest I think, and maybe a zombie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Giblet wrote:
    If you look at a thread before you've seen the episode you deserve to get it spoiled for you.

Did anyone see the faces in the smoke. I saw a priest I think, and maybe a zombie.

Most people cover up the spoiler information as steveland? did.

• Advertisement

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/

Found this on www.lost-forum.com, there seems to be lots of pics of his brother. I guess the monster is the reason people see stuff from their past on the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

I thought it was a good episode up until the part after the last add break, to be honest i don't really care anymore if Charlie goes back on the drugs.
    The Mr Ekol back story was really good, everything tied in really well, and the part with "monster" was really good, didn't notice anything in the smokey stuff to be honest, but I didn't go through it frame by frame or anything like that.
    I wonder what the typing was on the screen when "Walt" was talking to Michael, the camera moved at "You need to com" I presume the last word was "come", but I wonder where he was and if there was anymore writing because Michael seemed to be reading on for a few seconds after.

On a side note, how come the rating system was changed, I thought it was better as 1-10, I presume it is now 1-6 instead with 4=1, 8=2, 15=3, .... 42=6?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Anima wrote:

Found this on www.lost-forum.com, there seems to be lots of pics of his brother. I guess the monster is the reason people see stuff from their past on the island.

I can certainly see the pics now, never noticed them from the video, thats pretty good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

teh flashes were spotted before:
    http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/showthread.php?p=277917

btw spoiler tags are stupid here. how dumb would you have to be to read a spoiler thread without watching the episode, unless you *wanted* it ruined.
    they seem to be all of peoples faces. Most look african. One man is crying out in pain. Looks like eko's brother. Perhaps they are images that lostzilla extracted from eko's mind? Which would be a possible explanation for it not killing him. Or perhaps lostzilla is the spirit/etc of people who have died on the island, and the faces in the flashes are the people it contains?
    just shooting the breeze, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. i knew there'd be pics of the monster as Damon and Carlton both mentioned about it in the official Podcast last Monday.

Haven't watched the episode yet.. at college but will watch it when i get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

kearnsr wrote:
    There's a warning about spoilers in the topic. I think spoiler tags are slightly redundant in these threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Anima wrote:

the pic of the priest in that pic is the man who eko killed when as a kid!!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

kearnsr wrote:
    thats the funniest thing i've heard in a while. In all fairness why else read a thread about something you have yet to see and wonder why people are ruining the episode for you?

The black smoke was done very well. Powered by an electrical current of some sorts maybe? Lost souls? Probably not lost souls but very weird. I wonder if Mike has actually just gone crazy and imagined that someone was communicating with him thru the PC. He seemed to have the shakes on himself a few times during the episode and seemed to nearly get himself off when he shot the tub of garlic mayo. The only logical reason why jack couldn't see the writing on the monitor is if the screen time outs after inactivity but thats unlikely as it ain't exactly Windows XP they have in the hatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

The black smoke was done very well. Powered by an electrical current of some sorts maybe? Lost souls? Probably not lost souls but very weird. I wonder if Mike has actually just gone crazy and imagined that someone was communicating with him thru the PC. He seemed to have the shakes on himself a few times during the episode and seemed to nearly get himself off when he shot the tub of garlic mayo. The only logical reason why jack couldn't see the writing is if the screen time outs after activity but thats unlikely as it ain't exactly Windows XP they have in the hatch.

Get out of my head, that exactly what i came into post on this thread.
    About Michael being crazy and the smoke being souls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I'm in canada at the mo so i saw it first, yay! ahem......
    The monster was ok. I guess we all knew it was going to be the black smoke, but still i.m not sure if i really like it yet. I really enjoyed Eko's back story, even though he is way more of a bastard than ana lucia you can love his character..
    I'm not really looking forward to another charlie&heroin story line, but i did find it interesting that he's been stashing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Splendid wrote:
    Get out of my head....About Michael being crazy and the smoke being souls.
    but i like your head, it's comfy! I'd say its more along the lines of demons than souls actually.
    Smurfpiss wrote:
    even though he is way more of a bastard than ana lucia you can love his character..

i don't know about that. AL is a right bitch, at least Ecko has shown remorse for his past crimes. And we aren't exactly sure that he did any crimes as such, he could have been a vigilante of sorts doing some good in a bad way for a community. He did kill 2 drug dealers and he seemed sincere about helping the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i liked it. lostzilla looked great, and yeah, i reckon michael is going a bit crazy (aren't they all), but i don't get why the black smoke didnt kill eko. i mean, if it's behind the visions people have been seeing of their fears (polar bears, horses, walt), why did lostzilla just reveal himself to him and show images?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ah it's good to have Lost back. I quite enjoyed Eko's story. Realised the connection to hte plane on the island as soon as Eko mentioned the Catholic missions with the two drug dealers. Started to think that his brother would be on the plane when Eko went to him in the Church the first time too.

Lostzilla was pretty cool, I did notice images in it but didn't pause or anything to make them out. My first thought was that it was made of ghosts, seems that way from the pictures in Anima's post too. Could be that Lostzilla is a reflection of you. Remember that Locke also came face to face with it twice in the last series and survived, though the second time it tried to drag him away. That could have been Jack's influence on it though as the first time he hadn't a scratch on him when he was alone.

Anyone else think that it's either not Walt on the other end of the computer, or that perhaps Walt has turned evil? Or maybe he was always evil. Then again, Michael could just be going mad.

As for the screensaver style time out on the display, that's never happened before has it? The prompt has always been visable on the screen in previous episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

jor el wrote:
    As for the screensaver style time out on the display, that's never happened before has it? The prompt has always been visable on the screen in previous episodes.

i think the prompt only appears when the alarm sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

i think there was no prompt when michael sat down at the computer then txt appeared ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

And we aren't exactly sure that he did any crimes as such, he could have been a vigilante of sorts doing some good in a bad way for a community. He did kill 2 drug dealers and he seemed sincere about helping the church.
    Were you stoned watching it? He killed the sellers because they annoyed him. He threatened a burning-down of the church if his brother didn't sign the forms. And as a kid he didn't hesitate in killing a village elder. He was no good guy.

And specially for kearnsr:
    it says SPOILERS in the thread title ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I gave this episode a 10. I thought it was Eko's back story was fuppin brilliant and it's nice to see he is 'repenting' for his sins. I think the monster is probably reading minds and then chooses who it should let live or kill... but we shall see, I suppose. :)

OH, and even tho AL is still a biaaatch afaic I was glad to see she is being accepted into the group with a gift of a fish from Jin and Sun. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Does it occur to anyone that lostzilla may never have been trying to hurt anyone ... maybe it was trying to communicate but due to the tree exploding thing and the noisy bum that everyone assumed the worst?

Lostzilla seemed to be showing Eko his past, probably the events that brought him there. But why. And why the hell is it a big massive cloud. And whats the deal witht he small cloud thats doing the darting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Peace wrote:
    And whats the deal witht he small cloud thats doing the darting?

This might be going too far, but after seeing the difference in the two 'clouds' could it be that maybe the smaller one is a 'lookout' as it seems to just dart off whenever it's spotted whereas the larger one as we've seen is more IN YOUR FACE. :)

Its the same cloud, you can see when its moving away from Eko that it shrinks back to normal size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

maybe lostzilla is all about fear, it didnt attack ecko as he said it didnt frighten him, locke didnt look scared the first time he saw it but the second time he seemed scared & was dragged away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

My favourite episode of the series so far. I was really on tenterhooks when Lostzila wisped through the jungle and wondered was there about to be a big surprise. Cool to get to see the creature too. And while I don't care too much for Charlie and the heroin, seeing the stash of statues was a surprise. He's a crafty beggar so! And intrigued by the whole Michael/ Walt thing; I hope they don't drag this on for ages (or worse still forget about it for a couple of weeks).

Hurley was kinda giving the new doc the eye at the end there, wasn't he?! Maybe she'll be analysing him soon.

I have to say that since Shannon's demise, every episode has been top notch and there's a fair bit of life left in the show yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

good episode allright, but why Mr Eko didnt question how the plane got there (supposed to be in south pacific) and we saw the plane leave Nigeria!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Macros42 wrote:
    Were you stoned watching it? He killed the sellers because they annoyed him. He threatened a burning-down of the church if his brother didn't sign the forms. And as a kid he didn't hesitate in killing a village elder. He was no good guy.

Surely him killing the preist at the begining was a good thing, the whole village and the preist himself knew that he was going to die one way or another. What Eko did was to save his younger brother from getting taken away by the gunmen and becoming the dealer that Eko became, or more likely becoming dead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Good episode but the writers are taking it a bit far to ask us to believe that no one talks anymore. ffs Michael said nothing about the apparent conversation with Walt, Eko & Locke said nothing about not using the PC for anything else, Eko never enquired about the plane's apparent miracle trip, Eko & Charlie never mentioned that they saw the cloud, no one has though to compare stories between the two camps etc

I think Eko took on the role of priest after his brother left in the plane i.e. gave up his bad ways, hense the comment that the guy with the gold tooth 'saved his life' by pushing him out of the plane. Saved his life by giving him the chance to redeem himself, not by the fact that he wasn't in the plane when it crashed.

I think the monster is communicating with some people - definately Locke & Eko. In Locke's case I think he was shown pleasing images the first time he met the cloud and disturbing images the second time - hence the two different reactions. The second time may have been Boone's death etc.

On another point, I cant remember actually seeing any uprooted trees - I know it looks like they are but there is no evidence.

Hyzepher

Advertisement