Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate Pope Benedict XVI!

Options
  • 09-01-2006 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I seldom hate people as I try to see the good in everyone but this Pope is highly corrupt and is not a very nice person. I thought the Pope represents Jesus Christ on Earth? Well, he is black while Jesus is white.

I hate Pope Benedict XVI. Wholeheartedly, gut-wrenchingly hate him. I hate him for sitting around in his white frock, luxuriating in the infinite wealth of the Vatican while casually denying condoms to the dying of Africa. I hate him for condemning the poorest of women to early death by childbirth. I hate him for acting so holy and nice to everyone and then calling gays unnatural and immoral when it is Christian teaching to show compassion to all. The last Pope said our actions were wrong but not ourselves which isn't too bad while the later one says the latter. And I pretty much am annoyed, by extension, at the Roman Catholics whose devotion permits his tyranny to thrive.

While we're at it, I hate the people in the sinister church at the end of my street who beat 'devils' out of the flesh of children. I hate the Jamaican congregation who kicked a man to death in the UK a while back on a rumour that he was gay. I hate the Sikhs who bully theatres. I hate the Muslims who fly planes into tall buildings and at the moment, taste. I hate the Scientologists who brainwash people and leave them raped of finance, mental and emotional health.

This is really how I feel and yes I acknowledge that there is good and bad in everything but I'm focusing on the 'bad' for today. Yes I'm not Catholic but it is fair that I should comment.

Let me ask the question - Does this Pope really reflect Catholicism and Jesus? If the true be told, he is a total con-artist!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I think you need to take another chill pill.

I would ask you, what exactly is the purpose of this diatribe you have just issued.
    What exactly is the point of it and what do you wish to accomplish by it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

UU, it sounds like you are having a real bad day (or week). Very unusual for you to bring up the subject of hate in such an explosive manner You usually stand for the opposite. l take it that this outburst is so un-characteristic of you that something must have sparked it off. Might it not serve you better if you posted the reason for this outburst. Lets be realistic, we cant really debate you comments as you have posted them. They are just your opinion. I personally think it is pointless pointing fingers at the Pope. Why on earth would he try to change anything his predecessors have stood for. I don't think he is that brave. Besides, with the problems that the Holy See are facing, consolidation is their only tool for survival. They are not going to want to rock the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

UU wrote:
    I seldom hate people as I try to see the good in everyone but this Pope is highly corrupt and is not a very nice person. I thought the Pope represents Jesus Christ on Earth? Well, he is black while Jesus is white.

I hate Pope Benedict XVI. Wholeheartedly, gut-wrenchingly hate him. I hate him for sitting around in his white frock, luxuriating in the infinite wealth of the Vatican while casually denying condoms to the dying of Africa. I hate him for condemning the poorest of women to early death by childbirth. I hate him for acting so holy and nice to everyone and then calling gays unnatural and immoral when it is Christian teaching to show compassion to all. The last Pope said our actions were wrong but not ourselves which isn't too bad while the later one says the latter. And I pretty much am annoyed, by extension, at the Roman Catholics whose devotion permits his tyranny to thrive.

While we're at it, I hate the people in the sinister church at the end of my street who beat 'devils' out of the flesh of children. I hate the Jamaican congregation who kicked a man to death in the UK a while back on a rumour that he was gay. I hate the Sikhs who bully theatres. I hate the Muslims who fly planes into tall buildings and at the moment, taste. I hate the Scientologists who brainwash people and leave them raped of finance, mental and emotional health.

This is really how I feel and yes I acknowledge that there is good and bad in everything but I'm focusing on the 'bad' for today. Yes I'm not Catholic but it is fair that I should comment.

Let me ask the question - Does this Pope really reflect Catholicism and Jesus? If the true be told, he is a total con-artist!

There is much about this world to be annoyed at, including this pope. I don't think that hatred towards any particular person will allow you to live contently however. I think if you look at the trends, people are becoming more open minded and inclined to believe that all humans need to be respected and judged fairly. So, be optomistic, your values are the values that will prevail in the future more than most on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Fair dues for relaying your opinion.
    And i agree on the pope being a dick though i don't hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭iceworm

UU wrote:

true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Vangelis

UU wrote:
    I hate him for acting so holy and nice to everyone and then calling gays unnatural and immoral when it is Christian teaching to show compassion to all.

Showing compassion doesn't mean to accept.
    Does this Pope really reflect Catholicism and Jesus?

Ask rather: Does Catholicism really reflect Jesus?

The Pope verily reflects Catholicism. Apart from the 200,000 dollar robes and the rest of the richdoms the Catholic Church is reposing on. Didn't God call us to live lives without any earthly values? Of course, we need to dress and eat, but... you get my point I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I'm terribly sorry for having such an outburst! I just found out that many Catholics and Muslims in Africa are denied condoms by their Church leaders and it really angered and saddened me. Why does the Catholic Church seem to care more about their views on condoms rather than people's lives. HIV is so rampaging there. If they truly believe in Jesus, they'd do the right thing and help them. I needn't say any more about their views on homosexuals and mine - they are opposing. I just ask is there no justice in religions? Is a Church which many people put their faith in (including me once) seem to be corrupt and fragmenting into a very materialistic and fundamentalist state. I also ask "Why is the Vatican so rich and one of the biggest share-holders in the world and yet I wonder what they do with half of the dosh?" Every time in walk into an old grandeur, rich ornamented Church which was once built by slaves with antique and rich stain-glass windows, it gets to the point that there is no beauty in it as it just looks gaudy with a rotten core and I feel like throwing up on the altar of marble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Does he or does he not look evil?
    I'm not taking the mick, Stephen King could cast him as the Anti-Christ and save a fortune on make-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

UU wrote:
    I'm terribly sorry for having such an outburst! I just found out that many Catholics and Muslims in Africa are denied condoms by their Church leaders and it really angered and saddened me. Why does the Catholic Church seem to care more about their views on condoms rather than people's lives. HIV is so rampaging there. If they truly believe in Jesus, they'd do the right thing and help them. I needn't say any more about their views on homosexuals and mine - they are opposing. I just ask is there no justice in religions? Is a Church which many people put their faith in (including me once) seem to be corrupt and fragmenting into a very materialistic and fundamentalist state. I also ask "Why is the Vatican so rich and one of the biggest share-holders in the world and yet I wonder what they do with half of the dosh?" Every time in walk into an old grandeur, rich ornamented Church which was once built by slaves with antique and rich stain-glass windows, it gets to the point that there is no beauty in it as it just looks gaudy with a rotten core and I feel like throwing up on the altar of marble.

Apology for the outburst is accepted.

As for the RC Church riches the people who built the buildings and donated the vestments and ornaments were doing it out of a sincere desire to give of their gifts to the church of God. The question arises, if I give from my heart a gift to the church, how can they turn around and sell it?

I do agree with you on attitude of some church leaders and their lifestyles, there are some good ones. Rick Warren who wrote "Purpose Driven Life" donates 90% of his income to charity and returned all of his past salary collected to the church where he pastors. What an example.

Now here is the tough question UU, have you considered going to Africa and helping AIDS victims yourself?

Apology for the outburst is accepted.

As for the RC Church riches the people who built the buildings and donated the vestments and ornaments were doing it out of a sincere desire to give of their gifts to the church of God. The question arises, if I give from my heart a gift to the church, how can they turn around and sell it?

I do agree with you on attitude of some church leaders and their lifestyles, there are some good ones. Rick Warren who wrote "Purpose Driven Life" donates 90% of his income to charity and returned all of his past salary collected to the church where he pastors. What an example.

Now here is the tough question UU, have you considered going to Africa and helping AIDS victims yourself?
    I do accept that there are very good people in the RC Church as well as bad - sort of like yin and yang.

As a matter of fact, I do have a desire to go to Africa at least once in this lifetime and help victims of AIDS and other things and that is sincere. Although, that will have to wait until I'm finished college but yes, it would be a different experience which I'd never forget. What about yourself Brian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

UU wrote:
    I do accept that there are very good people in the RC Church as well as bad - sort of like yin and yang.

As a matter of fact, I do have a desire to go to Africa at least once in this lifetime and help victims of AIDS and other things and that is sincere. Although, that will have to wait until I'm finished college but yes, it would be a different experience which I'd never forget. What about yourself Brian?

My interest lies in helping kids, anywhere. I have been to a very poor region of Guatemala and did some soccer camps, this summer I'm off to Italy to work with some missionaries and I also have an invitation to the poorest part of China to work with kids there. I have found that we all have our interests and can only do so much. God has put this on my heart and graciuosly given me the ability and resources to proceed. It is an experience that never leaves you. Six months later I still get a tear and a lump as I think of the kids in Parramos.

carnduffministry.blogspot.com if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Get a grip on life you sad B%$££^D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Get a grip on life you sad B%$££^D

Eh...what he said, well kinda!

Isnt hate a bit of a strong word anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hagar wrote:
    Does he or does he not look evil?
    I'm not taking the mick, Stephen King could cast him as th Anti-Christ and save a fortune on make-up.

He could do with being "cuted-up".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

UU-

You make some decent points there but getting annoyed at religion or religious figureheads probably wont do you much good. I think that it is fairly easy to see that religion is a tool for those at the top to stay at the top. "Your rewards for cleaning up $#!t and digging ditches will be in heaven". Its a crock of you know what.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭smidgy

Why does the Catholic Church seem to care more about their views on condoms rather than people's lives.

The church is in the business of saving souls not saving lives UU
    Saving a life pales into insignificance when you think about saving souls , a life lasts about 80 years , a soul is forever.

Surely the law of God from the bible which says that sex outside of marriage is wrong is greater than mans law which says that sex with a condom has no consequences. How could the church advocate anything other than abstinence. If people had sex within marriage then there would be no rampaging HIV.

Here is a snippet of what the Pope says on homosexuality including your sought after compassion...
    Although the particular inclination of the homosexual person is not a sin, it is a more or less strong tendency ordered to an intrinsic moral evil, and thus the inclination itself must be seen as an objective disorder...

It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the Church's pastors wherever it occurs.

He does not hate you, why should you hate him?

UU it seems you are on a journey to somewhere dark. God is love, you seem to be rebelling against him in your hatred. You will find no solace there.

If people had sex within marriage then there would be no rampaging HIV.
    Yes there would. There are married couples who have HIV virus, you know. Especially in Africa!
    He does not hate you, why should you hate him?

UU it seems you are on a journey to somewhere dark. God is love, you seem to be rebelling against him in your hatred. You will find no solace there.
    Ok. If I ever see the Pope (which I have no intentions too) I'll tell him that I'm homosexual and I think that he is selfish for caring more about his beliefs on condoms rather than people's lives and see if he still likes me? Sorry but he is not Jesus and doesn't represent Jesus as much as he intends to. The last Pope was much nicer and virtuous that this one. True, Pope John Paul was a bit conservative but he just said homosexual acts are wrong but not gays themselves. This one declares the latter. Sure the last Pope even forgave the blokes who shot him! That is a true representation of Jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

UU wrote:
    Yes there would. There are married couples who have HIV virus, you know. Especially in Africa!
    You will find that those cases arise mostly from the males having sex outside of their marriages. While condom would help (if they where used) they are not a total solution, a proper education would be better and more importently a change in the typical males behaviour.

You will find that those cases arise mostly from the males having sex outside of their marriages. While condom would help (if they where used) they are not a total solution, a proper education would be better and more importently a change in the typical males behaviour.
    Actually in Africa, on more females have AIDS than males - (where M=male, F=female) North Africa & Middle East is M45:F55; Sub-Saharan Africa M42:F58.

On the other hand, In the First World more males have AIDS - Western Europe is M75:F25 ; America is M80:F20. Big difference, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

UU wrote:

You imply that the Pope has some godly powers to order people not to use condoms or abort children.
    He has no direct line to God if there is one to start with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

UU wrote:
    Actually in Africa, on more females have AIDS than males - (where M=male, F=female) North Africa & Middle East is M45:F55; Sub-Saharan Africa M42:F58.

On the other hand, In the First World more males have AIDS - Western Europe is M75:F25 ; America is M80:F20. Big difference, eh?

Could you please source those figures?

What about buggery and rape as a result of war-ridden Africa? What about HIV/AIDS transfer as a result of mass drug abuse and mass prostitution?

Incidently, what do "scientific humanists", which I believe you are a member of, do to address the problem of HIV/AIDS in Africa?

You say you 'hate' the Holy Father. Do you actually realise the gravity of such a term.

I would consider your original post blasphemous. You are an ignorant twat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

wasper wrote:
    You imply that the Pope has some godly powers to order people not to use condoms or abort children.
    He has no direct line to God if there is one to start with.
    Isn't that the point?
    That one mortal man can makes decisions on such things as contraception, and indirectly hasten the decimation of a continent?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I hate him for condemning the poorest of women to early death by childbirth.
    Vatican's fine with abortions to save a woman's life, y'know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

Cantab. wrote:
    Could you please source those figures?

What about buggery and rape as a result of war-ridden Africa? What about HIV/AIDS transfer as a result of mass drug abuse and mass prostitution?

Incidently, what do "scientific humanists", which I believe you are a member of, do to address the problem of HIV/AIDS in Africa?

You say you 'hate' the Holy Father. Do you actually realise the gravity of such a term.

I would consider your original post blasphemous. You are an ignorant twat.

You have shown here that you are a racist, homophobic bigot so I think you are the ignorant twat. UU has the right and almost obligation to speek up when he thinks a man is causing great harm, fair play UU.
    Scientific Humanists are working on drug treatments, aid programmes yo

UU wrote:
    Why does the Catholic Church seem to care more about their views on condoms rather than people's lives.

Their views are concerned with people's lives.

Cantab. wrote:

Hi Cantab. *wink wink*

I don't think anyone who hates the Holy Father is capable of reaslising the gravity of his hatred. If they had done, they wouldn't hate him. I say that at risk of being flamed, but that remark was not meant to offend. Never. And I apologise if it does.

bluewolf wrote:
    Vatican's fine with abortions to save a woman's life, y'know.

It's not an 'abortion' in that case.

samb wrote:
    You have shown here that you are a racist, homophobic bigot so I think you are the ignorant twat. UU has the right and almost obligation to speek up when he thinks a man is causing great harm, fair play UU.
    Scientific Humanists are working on drug treatments, aid programmes yo

Could you elaborate on why you consider me a 'racist' and 'homophobic' please?

Firstly I don't think any race of people to be inferior to my own race (you don't even know what race I am in the first place, so how can you be sure I'm 'racist'?).

Also, how am I a 'homophobe' when I'm not afraid of homosexual persons?

Oh look, you've thrown in 'bigot' there too. You know I have the greatest of respect for all religions of this world: this is a christianity forum and many different communions debate here so ultimately we are going to get down to the nitty-gritty of theological differences which can be at times controversial. Often one religous person thinks their religion is the revealed truth and all other religions not fully revealed. This does not make someone a 'bigot', for if all religions were the same, sure what would be the point at all?

Now put your branding iron away for another day.

Incidently, what drug treatment programmes and aid programmes have scientific humanists got going on in Africa? Also, do you share UU's blasphemous opinions on the Pope?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Cantab. wrote:
    It's not an 'abortion' in that case.
    A non elective abortion is still an abortion o.O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭St_Crispin

Islam allows contraception. I don't know where the original poster got the idea that it doesn't.
    http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503547108

In fact, it's encouraged whenever the life of the mother might be at risk. I bel;eive that risk of contracting std's would count.

As for the pope... Well, excuse me, but I thought he was catholic. They beleive in Jesus, beleive in ressurection after death. They beleive in many things, one of them is that contraception is wrong. If the pope preached anything else, he wouldn't be catholic. And catholics should beleive it, otherwise they're not very good catholics are they.

It's quite simple, if you want to belong to a religion, you follow their rules. Which BTW includes sex before marriage in this case. I would imagine that most of the transmission of HIV in the third world occurs through sex before marriage (most but not all). The pope is already preaching that they shouldn't do it. That would stop it completly.
    However you expect them to break one rule about premarital sex, yet follow all the others?

Advertisement