Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ford Focus Ffv

Options
  • 24-12-2005 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I believe the government are going to give a 50% VRT rebate on the new ford focus ethanol / petrol vehicle which should bring the price down to less than 20k.
    Has anyone any more detailed info on this car (ie fuel efficiency and reliability and performance) and the plans to roll out the availability of the ethanol to petrol stations around the country.
    It would not kill the government to make a reduction on the annual road tax on this 1.8 ltr car (about €511 I think) as it is supposed to cut carbon emmisions by 70% - which makes our crude capacity based road tax a complete joke.
    anyone planning to buy one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

http://www.rte.ie/motors/2005/1208/focus_ffv.html

Looks interesting, but personally i'd hold out until there were more petrol stations with the (cheaper) biofuel. Well, and until i've learnt to drive as well ;) , but i'm watching these developments in lower emission cars with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think they should just do away with the excise on the biofuel and leave the rest of the taxes the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭WILKEL

Victor wrote:
    I think they should just do away with the excise on the biofuel and leave the rest of the taxes the same.

Do you know what excise is on the biofuel at the moment?
    I believe the ethanol is selling at 89c in the pilot test garage in Dublin.

Advertisement