Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap international landline calls

Options
  • 22-12-2005 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I make calls to South Africa regularly and I use www.telestunt.ie - calls are charged at local call rate = just over €1 an hour after 6 at night!

They also have the same deal for calls to the USA, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries.

I prefer using them as Skypeout quality can be an issue when calling some landlines overseas.

Hopefully this is useful to some of you!

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Sounds almost too good to be true - and you pay with your normal Eircom bill the calls being charged at the local call rate?
    Must give that a try ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

These guys are absolutely excellent. My girlfriend recently undertook a round-world tour that brought her to Germany, Singapore, Australia and the USA. In every country I was able to call her hotel at local rates. I have also used the service to call the UK and Italy with no difficulty.

It is also very useful in work if you do not want international calls showing up.

One (very minor) difficulty is if the phone is not answered or is engaged - you will be charged a min fee of 6.35c for dialling the 1890 number (if you had dialled direct this would be free). Not a big problem, though, since you will save that cost many times over in the first minute once you do get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Yes... I've been using them for ages and there's absolutely no catch. You get charged on your Eircom bill at local rates and that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ah the monthly Telestunt bargain alert!! Sometimes one a week :D

Been using them for over a year now.. fantastic stuff. Local call for the US both landline and mobile (calling to, not from!).

I think they use a VOIP service so thats why its so cheap.

Hehe... I had hoped I was the first kind saint to inform the boardies about Telestunt... ahh well, my benevolence feels slightly watered down now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

haven't seen it before ... so thanks ... the gf just went back to france for the christmas so this is gonna save me a fortune cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Happy Chrimbo.........

I too have been using this for a while now but was wondering if anyone knows of an equivalent "stunt" from the US - Ireland?

Nice Wan
    David...

http://www.call2.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=Ireland&gclid=CLT3zMS_kIICFSNuEgod5VjRAw

Call back at €0.04 cent per minute from USA to Ireland.

Maybe that'll work for you ;)

I understand that they have dirt cheap call cards in the US anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

does this work for esat bt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Yep, so long as you can dial 1890 numbers, which I am sure you can. The rate should be the same as your local call rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭halkar

Yup, it does, i use it regularly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

cheers for the info lads

Advertisement