Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converter????

Options
  • 26-11-2005 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

I have k750i mobile phone and i am lookin for a free converter which will convert wma mpeg and so on to 3gp or mp4.Any help wuld be great thanks folks

Also a converter which will convert wma to mp3(free program if u can)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

DBPowerAmp will convert some audio files to another format - don't know about wma. Or you could try HYMN - www.hymn-project.org. IMtoo will do it definitely but you have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yes, http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ will do it, after you buy (or circumvent) the Lame MP3 Encoder License ($14).

You'll also need to download the WMA codec.
    You can convert from WMA to M4A, otherwise known as the AAC industry audio standard, just as good as MP3 and free too.
    Need the MP4 codec on the codec page for that.

As for video, I can only recommend Nero Recode and this guide to do it (3GP conversion quality can't compare), but that'll cost ya if you want to do it legally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

nokia multimedia converter puts files in 3gp format. my friend said he had some trouble putting it on a k750 but sure try anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

For DVD->Mp4, I have used Guardian Knot. It is a front-end to a series of programs, one of which is the actual MP4 encoder (can't remember the name of it). You could download this and just use the encoder piece to go from mpeg to mp4.

I used it to convert some crappy video so I could watch it on my P800. Now if everyone would take the hint that I want a 1 Gig memory stick in my stocking this year, I would be sorted. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

• Advertisement
Advertisement