Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Guerrero is dead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The General didn't call Eddie a scumbag, but we all know what he's getting at. He's prodding away with a stick looking for a reaction. Please everyone just ignore him he's loving all the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

One of the best the WWE won't be the same saw him three times and met him once personally a funny and great guy :(

He's off to the big ring in the Sky now RIP EDDIE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

WWE press conference to be online soon:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/guerreroconf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

cheers eddie for the memories, you will be sorely missed as a shining star in the wwe, if i remember correctly he was the only wrestler austin was willing to come back and fight after his hiatus because he thought he was the best wrestler out there, if that s not the greatest indiement of someone in the business i dont know.

goodbye eddie ride that low-rider to the squared circle in the sky.

eddiecopy3ih.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

R.I.P.
    one of the all time greats and one of the few wrestlers that made smackdown watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

somebody aat the start said to post images
    here is one of the frog splash

eddie09.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Video of press conference with Vince and Chavo Jr online now at http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/guerreroconf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

ripeddiecopy7pq.jpg

Thanks to bustedquad.com for the above.

Fozzy wrote:
    Video of press conference with Vince and Chavo Jr online now at http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/guerreroconf
    lots of buffering on that atm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

OMG im so shocked Eddie was a class wrestler.

:(
    R.I.P EDDIE

Yeah, I'd say a lot of people are viewing that

They said that Raw and SD will both be tribute shows with performers only taking part if they want to. Can't see many people saying no. Chavo mentioned that Eddie would be 4 years sober on the 15th. So hard to believe, I used to really dislike the guy, until he was rehired. During those days of the Smackdown Six, when Eddie, Chavo, Kurt, Benoit, Rey and Edge were having brilliant matches every week, I loved Eddie. He was easily my favourite, such a good wrestler, always havin fun

I think the thing that makes a wrestlers death even more shocking is the fact that you really feel like you know them personally due to the nature of their job. You could see Eddie was having a great time every week entertaining the fans. When he was champion, ratings went down, and Eddie blamed himself for that. Ironic, because he was holding the show together a lot of the time. That was my favourite title reign since Jericho won the Undisputed Championship. And apparently he was going to win the belt tonight, which would have easily been the best reign in a long time

I'm so glad I got to see him live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm speechless. I just can't believe it.

RIP Eddie

You are a huge loss and will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Eddie gave us some great matches and memories over the years. He will be missed but his memory will live on. It's a damn shame, he was a real favourite of mine.

23.jpg

Credit: PWTorch

Eddie Guerrero was found in his hotel room in Minneapolis with his toothbrush in his mouth. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. At this point, the belief among WWE personnel is that Guerrero died of heart failure.

Shortly after Guerrero's body was found and removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero visited the hotel room to say their goodbyes. WWE wrestlers and staffers were visibly shaken and emotional while leaving the hotel to go the Target Center, the site of tonight's Raw/Smackdown taping. Word from WWE sources is that the tenor of tonight's taping will be dramatically different and that the Smackdown show will need to be revised.

Guerrero's death is now the lead story on WWE.com, under the headline "Tragic Loss". The article says that WWE is "deeply saddened" by Guerrero's death, and provides no further details on his passing

That's very shocking. It must have been a very strong heart attack for his toothbrush to still be in his mouth. I just watched some videos they have up over at WWE.com, the one from when Eddie won the title is very moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Oh my God I just can't believe he's gone. I was only watching the Eddie Guerrero story here a few nights ago called "Cheating Death, Stealing Life - The Eddie Guerrero Story" and he was so inspirational.

He will be sorely missed by the WWE and fans alike. I too encourage everyone in The Point to start many loud "Eddie" chants next week.

He might hear us.

RIP Eddie Guerrero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I hope that the WWE allow Chavo to drop his stupid Kerwin White gimmick and use his proper name out of respect to the Guerrero family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Or instead of a golf cart. He should come out in a Low-Rider or is that just too much sad memories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Just read this on sky sports news now....couldnt believe it! God, im really depressed now...

I hope that the WWE allow Chavo to drop his stupid Kerwin White gimmick and use his proper name out of respect to the Guerrero family.
    i'd say they will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i'd say they will

Yes I would say so. It would be crazy if they didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Fozzy wrote:

I think the thing that makes a wrestlers death even more shocking is the fact that you really feel like you know them personally due to the nature of their job.

I'm so glad I got to see him live

yea u hit the nailo right on the head there........it makes me feel as though i know the guy...allday ive been thinking about it.......
    rip eddie............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Alright lads, been hovering around here for a while. Registered a while back, never posted but felt the need to post on this.

Just wanted to express my shock at Eddy dying, its just unbelivable. Truely one of the greatest to ever lace up the boots. I know it might sound wrong but i am looking forward to the tribute show, getting to see some of this classic moments from Japan, ECDUB and WCW aswell as the WWE. And hearing some of the guys in the back sharing their favourite Eddy moments.

RIP Eddie :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

RIP Eddie Guerrero - I was very lucky to meet the man briefly and he was a gentleman.

To the best if my knowledge, there will be a salute to him tomorrow night at the SFX show. Everyone involved in wrestling, fans and workers will feel this loss.

From everyone at Irish Whip Wrestling, wrestlers, fans and staff - Thanks for everything Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Very shocked and saddened by this.
    One of the greats, in recent times and of all time.
    And sadly ironic, if the rumors of him due to win the title from Batista were true (much like when Owen was due to win the IC the night of his death.)
    This is obviously going to delay the inevitable title change for a week, but I know that's the last thing on anyone's mind now.
    A huge lost to the wrestling industry on a whole and in particular the Smackdown brand.

Rest Well, Latino Heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i think we should send a link to this thread to wwe if they stick up a book of condolences up on the site or something..great response well done lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭savemejebus

rip eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Rip :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

What a loss , he will be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

just got word that *raw tonight*
    WWE have done a video montage to johnny cash's hurt.. there wont be a dry eye in the house. defo staying up for raw tonight now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

It also appears that neither RAW or Smackdown will be storyline driven - instead both shows will be used as a tribute to Eddie - with wrestlers just wrestling or giving interviews (very much like the Owen Hart Raw tribute evening)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

The european tour has been cancelled,so we wont be chanting his name in th e point

i would have loved to pay respect to the great one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'll tape raw tonight for sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Shock!!! RIP Eddie

it is so fu*ked up! the fact that he was on smackdown on friday night and seemed in flyin form and now he is dead! crazy!!

RIP Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

RIP Eddie, you will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

RIP Holmes...

Viva La Raza for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm absolutely saddened and shocked about Eddie's untimely and tragic death. Last night when I heard the news and with the tears I shed it only hit me there and then how much I really appreciated Eddie's incredible talent for professional wrestling and his unmistakeable character he brought to the wresling scene. The way Eddie came back from his troubles circa 2001 was outstanding and in 2002 he along with Kurt, Benoit, Edge, Rey and of course Chavo put on some of the the most enjoyable wrestling matches I've ever seen. Eddie was a pleasure to watch in the ring and out of ther ring and has left me with so many wonderful memories.

Thank you Eddie. You're a hero to me and everyone who appreciated your incredbile talent.

R.I.P. 4ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

F**k me I can't believe he's dead! Won't be the same without him. He was a class act. RIP Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Probably won't be arsed watching RAW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I dont watch wrestling as much as I did as a kid but R.I.P. Eddie - truly an inspirational man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Absolutely tragic, one of the true greats.
    RIP Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

He will be missed. RIP.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/egvideomoments

These videos are excellent. I would love if I could record them.

The one with Chavo is very funny. They are all very emotional. Yet another lump in the throat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Just watched the Press Conference, so sad. He'll be sorely missed,
    RIP Latino Heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

A lor of the new guys could learn from Eddie, he managed to convey more in one smirk then many could in a 10 minure promo. God be with nhis family at this time. RIP Latino Heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

the wwe tour aint cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

The european tour has been cancelled,so we wont be chanting his name in th e point

i would have loved to pay respect to the great one

European tour is actually still going ahead. This is from [url]www.prowrestling.com:[/url]

There are a number of wrestlers that did not leave today for the European tour (Benoit, Malenko, Mysterio, Batista). They will join the tour after the funeral services are held later this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

My wife and I have been wrestling fans for years and we are both in shock over this. It has been said already that it seems so surreal that he was performing on Smackdown just the other day and seemed fine.

RAW is recording tonight and i will watch it when i get home. They choose the perfect song IMO with 'hurt' but it will not be easy to watch!

We will miss you Eddie. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Saw this yesterday and couldnt post. I'd like to thank Eddie Guerrero for all he's giving us threw the years and wish his family all the best.

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero

a fantastic tribute so far

wwe.com during the ad breaks has been great too

i like how they have the inter promotional matches

eddieshirtsig4vz.jpg

Class tribute by Cena.

• Advertisement
Advertisement