Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Santa Cause Gig

Options
  • 07-11-2005 5:10pm

Bands wanted to play the next Boards gig. Tentatively titled "The Santa Cause". All Money will be donated to the Santa Strike Force. If you are interested please email me at barryodonovan@gmail.com

But there are some requirements...

1) You have a good quality mastered recording.
    2) You have a sense of humour. (This is very important for the night in question)
    3) You are prepared to do your own version of a cover.

More details coming soon............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Only tentatively? You b*stard! ;)

Still though, this is for a great cause, so I feel the thread should be bumped. And I've done just that. Yes indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 karate_feetus

hey, Ive already PMed you or emailed you I think but I aint heard anything back. My band are interested in playing the gig, so if you could PM me or email me that would be good.

too_flemie@hotmail.com

Emily

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

When will we be told who's playing?

Hey Amz,

The "official" thread (I reckon this one we're posting on should probably be closed) is the one contained in our sigs and is available here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054850690

The line-up as far as I know is: Karl Roche, TKO, Gracehopper, Burmashade, Flash My Frankenstein (in that order)

Papa Smut will correct me on this if I'm wrong!

I've been following that thread and there was no mention of confirmed acts, just that there were acts confirmed.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know. But my point is that we should be using that thread and not this one! :)

Well, I can gaurantee that those are the confirmed acts (Myself, Papa Smut & Karlh are the organisers!). Papa Smut has the exact times for the bands / auctions, so I've PM-ed him to post them on THAT thread.

Well the reason I asked here was because as there was no previous mention in the Events forum I wasn't sure if it was ready to be revealed yet.

*shrug*

No big deal, just was wondering as someone I invited along was asking who was playing.

Lookin' forward to it anyway.

...And they were wondering if their €10 would be money well spent? How dare they! It's for charity! Have they no soul?!? ;)

Just kidding. Looking forward to it myself too. Let's hope it all goes swimmingly!

They're probably hoping that whoever is playing will adequately drown out my attempts at making conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

deathfunk wrote:
    ...And they were wondering if their €10 would be money well spent? How dare they! It's for charity! Have they no soul?!? ;)

Just kidding. Looking forward to it myself too. Let's hope it all goes swimmingly!

don't worry 10e will be money well spent, looking forward to it, cant wait to see FMF and burma shade, TKO will be good aswell, they're playing an acoustic set, should be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

*bump*

this thurs folks.

bring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kates bush

What time does it kick off at? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭T.K.O.

Its gonna be a good one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

And the song goes:

Bump-Bump-Bump-Bump
    Oh christmas tree,

Bump-Bump-Bump-Bump
    Oh christmas tree,

bump bump bump bump bump bump bump
    how lovely are your branches?

Hi all, should be a great laugh tonight, we're hoping for a decent turn out, just to remind you all again that its for a great cause and its nice to help somebody else out during "fat" season, so please drop in, its only €10, a small price to pay to put a smile on a childs face, you'd spend more on 6 dutch and a pack of fags, I hope to see a few boardsies there anyway

happy xmas
    David(Gracehopper)

and a good afternoon *bump* to you all.

should be great!

you can unsticky now please mr. mod sir.

Advertisement