Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swans being shot

Options
  • 26-11-2004 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Dunno if it was reported on the News or not but it was in the Local
    Papers down here in Limerick that there is some guy going around the
    place shooting Swans (Which are protected by law) and wondering around
    the place taking pot shots at ducks and whatever else moves.

Aparently there are a lot of witnesses but so far the Law have not nabbed
    him.

~B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Bullets
    It is moving into the bovine excrement dept, this story.I replied to this thread in one other post last week.It is up in my neck of the woods.
    This fellow is shooting down in "the island" on the old Thomond weir that is missing a 30ft span of acess to prevent people getting onto it .He must levitate up there onto it.
    The island if you know it is one way in one way out.Reason I reckon the Gaurds wont go there is[1] they couldnt be botherd [2]it would cause too much hassle down there [3]the challenge is too great
    North of the island is a sanctuary[mill road area of corbally] where there is a major eco freak who breeds ducks,geese and other such on the shannon.Some of the geese are white,and this sanctuary is well poached by all and sundry.more likely a poacher tried to down a white goose and it died on him.somone sees it ,doesnt know a swan from a goose and reports it as such to local rags.Local rags report somone out shooting swans with handgun and/or sawn off shotguns[not very proable goose guns iNMHO].BS story goes nationwide with three good "bleed" factors. Limerick,guns and innocent cute,wildlife,== sold papers,and feel good factors for antis all round.

Moral of story look behind the headlines and compare to what you know.
    BTW AFAIK swans are not protected here.

Advertisement